“chicken with a little extra” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 18 Restaurants in Boscastle
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“chicken with a little extra”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

well where do i start!
me and my hubby have been traveling for some time now,thats why im only writing my reviews now.
we started our travels in january 2012 we made our way to the cornish coast around the end of february and stopped off in boscastle and thought that the wellington hotel looked like a very nice little spot to have some lunch , we were greated by a very nice welcoming hello from a young dark haired girl from behind the bar.
we asked what on the menu she would recommend and she said everything was good as they had a new head chef but the homemade chips and the sandwichs were nice for a snack at lunch time,so we went with her choice and ordered two BLT sandwichs and two bowls of homemade chips.
This could have been the best lunch i have had in a long time while eating out the bread was to die for and the chips fantastic.lovely.
We said we would be back and off we went full and happy.
Now heres where it all goes wrong we decided to revisit the wellington as our first experience had been so good .MISTAKE
we came back in mid november and saw that the menu had changed (not really for the better i preferred the old one) but we saw that now they had crab sandwichs on the menu and decided to go for two of thoses and some chips but this time when i asked the young man behind the bar if they were the same homemade chips as before i was told no they are not now we buy them in as we have a new head chef,so that made me think another new head chef already....
i wish we had tried somewhere different the bread although it was homemade was so dry me nor my hubby could eat them and for the amount they cost i would have thought there could have been alittle more crab(im aware crab is expensive)but really there was no more than a table spoons worthin there, and the chips not a patch on the ones we had had before ,also not a single member of staff came and asked if our meals were ok and the reason for this was they were all to busy playing some sort of game at the end of the bar to be bothered with the customers,infact i felt like i would have been interrupting if i had gone up to them and said anything.so we just left.
i wont be back again not till they get better staff and their head chef changes AGAIN!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Skye
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food here is good and we have now been back twice. Service was a bit of a letdown but the food made up for it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Swanage, United Kingdom
“a meal after long day walking coastal path”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had booked a little in advance -but no need lot of space. We choose the bar rather than restaurant as we just wanted something casual. Good varied wine by glass list and range of local beers. Starter were interesting and nothing wrong with them but a pricey for what you got. I had squid and chorizo and my partner had a cheese and salad thing. Both had the seafood linguine, it was very creamy and yet the menu didnt mention cream in the dish at all...and I wouldnt have chosen this if I had known. Did mention it when we paid the bill and said that I wouldnt have had if I h ad known...but it dint seem to be a big deal.
So food ok but a bit exspenisve and clearly need to check out and clarify what is in the food

• Visited May 2013