“A RIP OFF !!”
Review of Sails Cafe - CLOSED

Sails Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Sold up and under new ownership under a new name, thank you to all our loyal customers for your custom.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

2 kids meals = sausage chips & beans, not bad - cod & chips, more like a sprat & chips plus 2 light bites i.e. chips with cheese and chilli = well if you blinked you`d have missed the amount of " home made chilli ", less than a desert spoonful each. Nice cheese, nice chips, but very small amount for the £3.90 (each) paid.Two small milkshakes (£2 each) 1 hot chocolate and 1 latte = total £22.40.

2  Thank Ron H

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had lunch in Sails Cafe with my sister. We had intended to eat in another restaurant (which will remain nameless) but sneaked away after a look at their strange confusing menu, which included such Cornish delicacies as tapas. How glad I am we did this, as lunch at Sails Cafe was about as nice as you can get.
I had delicious fish deep fried in a crisp batter with freshly cooked chips (skins on, the sign of a thoughtful chef). I ordered a pot of tea for one, which came with TWO tea bags, so for once in my life I enjoyed several entirely satisfying cups of tea in a restaurant. There was a selection of pasties, the lavatory was large and impeccably clean and the owner was absolutely charming, friendly and efficient.
Like many of you I have had lots of awful experiences in tourist cafes over the year. This is one of the very best I have ever visited. Please go to this delightful cafe and enjoy your lunch as much as we did.