“Lovely hotel”

Bottreaux House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 16 Boscastle B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed at The Bottreaux for three nights in July, taking advantage of their 3 for 2 offer! We found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were great. We stayed in The Crows Nest and as the name suggests its at the top of the hotel which means there are beams to avoid. The rooms (bedroom and seperate bathroom - bonus!) were clean and I only have one negative point for this hotel which is there isnt a blind at the bathroom window and althought the hotel isnt overlooked I did feel a little exposed trying to cling to my towel while trying to apply makeup in the little mirror next to the window.
Thanks to all at The Bottreaux for making our stay very good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
HeatherTheBottreaux, Manager at Bottreaux House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for staying with us in July and thank you for your review. We are continuing to offer our 3 nights for the price of 2 promotional offer as it proved very popular in 2010 and are pleased so many guests are staying with us on this offer. We appreciate your comments about The Crow's Nest bedroom and bathroom and will take on board what you have said. We hope to see you again in the future.
Heather Graham

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I booked here because other places I tried were full, so I didn't know what to expect. What a pleasant surprise! Hotel quality room, homely and spotless, with charming, friendly staff. I am gluten free, and they offered me a range of alternatives to the normal breakfast. (In addition, I have asthma, and was pleased to read that all mattresses are professional treated for dust-mite allergens). I'll definitely stay here again when I'm next in Boscastle.

Room Tip: Paradise twin room is in the top of the building and has oblique sea views over the hills.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
HeatherTheBottreaux, Manager at Bottreaux House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always pleased to offer gluten free alternatives and cater for special diets. We also feel it is very important to have all our mattresses professionally treated on a regular basis for the comfort of our guests.
We do hope to see you again in the future.
With kind regards, Heather Graham

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I first visited this hotel on a recommendation from a colleague. I must admit that I was sceptical as I only usually use large hotel chains.
WOW !
The reception was warm and friendly from the moment I arrived. I was shown to my very spacious, clean and well equipped room by the manager who also helped me with the free wi-fi. I was informed of the local attractions together with recommendations for eating out.
I have now visited this hotel on several further occasions and plan to do so for the foreseeable future. I have also recommended this location to friends, relations and work colleagues.
If I were to rate the Bottreaux out of ten, it would be TEN !

Room Tip: Talk to Heather or Nicola who are both warm & friendly whilst knowledgable & helpfull
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DuncanWebb
HeatherTheBottreaux, Manager at Bottreaux House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at The Bottreaux. We are so pleased you have enjoyed your many stays with us. We always want to make each and every one of our guests feel welcome and we enjoy helping anyone with requests and places to eat in and around Boscastle. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards Heather

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Unfortunately there was no evening meal but the Leopard next door filled the purpose.
Quality of service is as good as the previous times we have stayed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us it is most appreciated. We do apologise for our evening restaurant to be closed now and for the foreseeable future. There are plenty of places to eat in the local vacinity to which we are happy to reserve tables at for our guests if they request us to do so with a place of their choice. We do look forward to seeing you again here in the future and hope you enjoy your stay with us again. Kind regards Heather

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Our stay at the Bottreaux was wonderful, and the staff was warm, efficient, and helpful. We stayed in the Crow's Nest, which offers a distant but welcome view of the sea as well as some of the surrounding countryside, such as pastures complete with grazing cattle. Boscastle is a quaint, picturesque village, and we thoroughly enjoyed our steep walks down the hill from the hotel into the town. The street is lined with charming cottages, each given its own distinct name, and almost all are surrounded by flowers. What we saw of the Bottreaux was also full of character; the dining room was lovely, and the Crow's Nest was cozy and architecturally interesting. The en suite bathroom was comfortably large, clean, and well maintained. We also had plenty of space to store our belongings, which was especially nice, since we stayed for six nights. The on-site complementary parking is definitely a plus as well. Boscastle serves as a good site to launch a walk on the coastal path or to take day trips elsewhere in Cornwall or into Devon. Our stay at the Bottreaux was definitely the highlight of our trip. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
HeatherTheBottreaux, Manager at Bottreaux House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Many thanks for your review.
I have ensured our members of staff have read your review as we operate here in a team and are all genuinely pleased you had such a pleasant stay.
We do hope to see you again here at The Bottreaux.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

On arrival we didnt feel very welcome and was straight away handed a form to fill out, lacked a warm welcome. Nice clean room and a good breakfast. However, the restaurant next door was very noisey til late at night and the veiw from our room was facing onto the street. I dont think it was worth the £100 a night they charged for my mum and I.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Emma1200

May we thank you for taking time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor.
Our sincere apologies if you felt you did not receive a warm welcome on arrival. We pride ourselves in greeting all our guests and friends with warmth, being helpful and polite at all times.

The price for your room was quoted and agreed upon when you rang to enquire, but we are sorry you were disappointed. We feel all our rooms are of high standard. We do offer a very competitive 3 nights for the price of 2 offer throughout the year. We hope if you do wish to stay with us again you will take up our promotional offer and enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

We visited the Bottreaux for one night during a romantic weekend away in Cornwall.
We were perfectly satisfied with the accommodation and the service. The room was clean and light and airy. The bed was comfy. The service was friendly. The breakfast was fine. The pub next door was fun and tasty for an alternative to the more formal meal on offer in the evening here.
I think this is the sort of place where most people would be happy with their stay although they would not be totally awe-inspired by it. The price was a little bit steep in those circs however.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

We would like to thank you for your review.
We hope to see you again sometime, whether it be just a one night stay again or a longer weekend.
Thank you for staying with us.
Heather

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscastle
3 mi away
#9 of 16 in Boscastle
Reddivallen Farmhouse
Reddivallen Farmhouse
#16 of 16 in Boscastle

Been to Bottreaux House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!