YHA Boscastle
The Wootons Inn(Tintagel)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdrying roomyouth hostelhear the wavesharbour sidehigh tidebed dormfemale dormamazing locationlady on receptionrooms were spotlessstunning viewsgood sizeenjoyed our staya lovely stayother guestshigh standardbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2013

After a long day's walk from Bude, I found the hostel easily as I arrived in Boscastle. The lady looking after it made me welcome and got me a glass of water as I completed a registration form. I was in room one, a dormitory with one bunk unit and 3 single beds. The room was very comfortable and extremely clean in fact the whole place was spotless. This was my first stay at a YHA in 25 years and I will certainly be using them a lot more. A duvet cover, pillowcase and bottom sheet were provided which you remove on departure putting them in the laundry bin at reception. The shower rooms/toilet were along the corridor nearby and on the ground floor were the common room and kitchen. Towels can be hired and toiletries can be purchased in small amounts. There are a good choice of cafes, restaurants and pubs close by as well as a Spar, bakery etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights with a friend. We had a lovely stay. The hostel is in a beautiful location down by the harbour and is quite modern internally following a renovation after the floods. Upstairs the rooms and bathrooms were warm, cosy and spotlessly clean. Downstairs there was a well equipped kitchen and a large common room/lounge which was ideal for keeping warm on a cold January night.

The warden was very friendly and was keen to ensure we were comfortable, and she also arranged discounted tickets for the Eden Project for us.

There are a couple of places in the village which sell food if you cant be bothered to cook, possibly worth noting the shops in the village were all shut by 6pm. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rtl2
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Everything about this hostel is excellent, the surroundings, the staff, the facilities and the dorm. The woman who was running the place and who's name unfortunately escapes me was very pleasant and showed a genuine interest in helping the guests, of which there were few. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ebzilla
Reviewed January 13, 2013

It's a pity but I only had a one night stay here. I arrived after dark, so found it a little hard to find, so if you plan to arrive after dark, check the map carefully! The hostel has excellent facilites, the self catering kitchen is great. The whole hostel was very clean, and the room I stayed in was very spacious, with great views. It was also excellent value for money. I hope to stay again (out of season) to enjoy the great walks and sceneary without the crowds. A massive thumbs up goes YHA Bostcastle's way. i also noticed that you can hire the whole hostel rather cheaply - great for a group get away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Silly_Auntie_Amy
Reviewed January 4, 2013

High quality refurbishment after 2004 floods. Toilets and showers excellent. Very clean throughout. Dormitory storage space is limited but it is a hostel and you should expect that! We were well looked after by helpful staff. Secure spacious bike store. The location is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple