“Just what you expect from a good local”
Review of Cobweb Inn

Cobweb Inn
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Boscastle
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: If you want high quality Pub Grub...Great portion size and value for money then this is the place to go. We have tables in the bar areas and outside and a family room with books and pictures to colour for the kids. We have a restaurant area where service is by waitress and the menu is as the down stairs but the ambiance differs from the bar areas for those wanting the quality of our food with that extra special service. We have live music on Saturday nights therefore all tables are removed from the main bar area leaving seating in the bottom bar and family area. This is always a busy night so booking for a meal is always necessary. The music starts at 9.30Pm till 12.30Ish and can be view on our web page. We also have many events which are well worth a visit always with great entertainment and always for a deserving cause.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We ate in front of a warm real fire.
The food was well presented and good value for a pleasant pub meal
Plenty of salad and hot chips!!
Pleasant staff

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We sheltered from a blustery autumn night here, and were thoroughly warmed through. Plenty of local ales available, and a standard pub menu with large portions and lashings of clotted cream with the desserts did the job. Definitely while away some time here if you're looking for somewhere to relax.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We love it here. Travelling from London on a regular basis, we love the food, staff and music. My favourite pub ever.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Cobweb dury October half after spending an afternoon in Boscastle. We had visited several years ago and it was good to see that not a lot had changed.

This is a nice cosey pub with an open fire and with a good choice of beers and ales.

Food is served and this is my only area for criticism. Theres nothing wrong with the quality but the value of basic meals. It appears that the current trend amongst pubs in this area is to charge at least £4.50 for a basic sandwich that comes with minimal salad and a small portion of crisps or nachos! WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE CHIPS!!
Ive gotta say that I think their taking the mick out of the customers here. Where I live in the Midlands pubs serve hearty good value for money meals. It seems that cornish pubs no longer provide that concept. In future your better off taking a picnic with you.
Anyway the cobweb isnt the establishment to do this.

So, will we return? Yes but only for drinks.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having visited Boscastle over the years we have often walked past this pub and reviewed the menu we have thought it a little expensive for pub food. So, this year walking past again we thought the menu was a little more reasonable. We booked a table for that night and even asked if we could have a certain table of our liking. When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised to find that we did indeed get our choice of table. The staff, about 4 of them, all appeared to be young girls and ran the bar and served the tables well and were friendly. The pub was busy with other tables and the atmosphere was light and cheery. My husband chose the fish and chips, my youngest a pasta off the child's menu and me and my older son had the burger off the adults menu which we chose 4 toppings for. My husband and my youngest said their meals were good and they also looked a good sized portion. Our burgers were excellent and appeared home made, good chunky burger, home made onion rings and home made chunky chips. The bacon, cheese and bbq sauce complimented it very well. We enjoyed our meal so much we even ordered afters, which again were good. Overall we really enjoyed our evening as a family with good food and were very satisfied all round. Would recommend and we would definitely go back on our next visit to Boscastle.