“Fab food”

Cobweb Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Boscastle
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: If you want high quality Pub Grub...Great portion size and value for money then this is the place to go. We have tables in the bar areas and outside and a family room with books and pictures to colour for the kids. We have a restaurant area where service is by waitress and the menu is as the down stairs but the ambiance differs from the bar areas for those wanting the quality of our food with that extra special service. We have live music on Saturday nights therefore all tables are removed from the main bar area leaving seating in the bottom bar and family area. This is always a busy night so booking for a meal is always necessary. The music starts at 9.30Pm till 12.30Ish and can be view on our web page. We also have many events which are well worth a visit always with great entertainment and always for a deserving cause.
“Fab food”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I have been to the cobwebs a few times, it being my favourite place to eat in Boscastle. The food is really good, and good portion sizes. None of that towns pig grub here thankyou. My only grip is the service, the woman behind the bar serving me looked miserable and after pouring me four drinks and me paying walked off without offering me a tray to carry them on before I could even ask for one! Other than that it's a lovely place and worth going.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
South Wales
“Fantastic food at good prices”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in Boscastle for a long weekend and we ate at the Cobweb Inn on Friday night, enjoyed it so much we booked in for Sunday night's carvery. On Friday my partner had the mixed grill and I had fish and chips. Both meals were absolutely huge but more importantly, were of good quality and very well cooked. No cheap cuts of meat or greasy food here. They were holding their annual harvest auction for charity, so the place was very busy but there are two adjoining bar areas as well as a family room to eat in, so no problem with the crowds. On Sunday the carvery food was first class, not a big choice like in some carveries but what there was all tasted delicious and home cooked. Not so busy that night, but still plenty of customers and a good atmosphere. Would absolutely recommend anyone staying in Boscastle or nearby to have a meal and a drink here.

Visited October 2012
London
“Pretty ordinary”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I ate here on one evening while staying at the nearby excellent Wellington Hotel. My bass fillet 'special' was not very special at all, and the vegetables that accompanied it were both better and more generously proportioned than the piece of fish itself.

• Visited October 2012
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Atmospheric”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We called in here for drinks on Saturday night & came back for drinks & stayed for food the following Friday. It's obviously popular with the locals who were happy to chat. It's a bit spit & sawdust but the food is really very good(best steak & ale pie I've tried & hubby's gammon was enormous). Dog-friendly, but again stone floors so take a rug. The Friday was harvest auction which really brought in the crowds. The atmosphere was very buoyant and they looked to raise more than the previous years £2000 when we left after winning the beer we were after.

• Visited October 2012
St Helens, United Kingdom
“What a shame ! Very child UNFRIENDLY”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Quaint looking pub; unfortunately rude and unwelcoming landlord/manager. 5 of us, including my quiet, non-wriggling 5-year old son visited The Cobweb one Summer evening, with a view to enjoying an evening meal and a couple of drinks. I went to the bar and ordered drinks whilst the other 4 found a seat with a suitable table. As I was about to pay for the round of drinks, the landlord/manager spotted my son (who was still sitting quietly) and roared "you can't bring him in here !". At that point, I turned round, did not pay for the drinks and walked out accompanied by the other 4 in my party. Have been to Boscastle quite a few times, will give this hole a wide berth in future !

• Visited July 2012