“we believed Hilton...but..”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Wembley
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“we believed Hilton...but..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We just came back from Hilton wembley but not happy because to many thinks no good.
1) to reach the lift on the floor you have to walk 100 meters.
2) the room not other Hilton standart.(the bed lining was hole)
3) not very clean,housekeeper not enough trained
4) not nice wellcoming
5) The breakfast is disillusion 2 fresh cheese, 3 little packet cheese,1 type of ham (but diffucult understan if its chicken or ham because was some colour of chicken ham) 1 type of chicken sliced,very cheap quality of small chunks salmon,very bud quality orange juice(looks like mixed with water,fresh orange and concentrate of orange,unbelieveable but yes not HONEY on the buffet,even they dont know to make scramble eggs, i couldnt eat it first time in my life,
There are lots to say....The final..
I believed the Hilton in UK as i know all other country but disappointment never any more Hilton in UK....I suggest to the manager go to Hilton Innsbruck for training how the managment hotel and how to perepare the breakfast so fresh and nicely....good luck...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment during your stay. I would appreciate it if you can contact me personally so that we can discuss your stay in further detail.

I am the Front of House Manager for the hotel and can be reached via 020 8150 8090 or sarah.baldwin@hilton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah Baldwin
Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
SIDCUP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nice hotel, staff very good, great bar and large nice room. The only thing wrong was that the shower was poor for a new hotel with bad pressure as well and the sink plug kept getting stuck so the sink was full of water( room 635). I would definitely stay here again when going to an event at both wembley stadium and arena both with or without kids.
Dave Sidcup

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service, standard and team members were all met to your complete satisfaction throughout your stay.

I am sorry to hear about the water pressure in the shower and the sink plug, I can assure you that our Facilities Team will look into this and it will be resolved.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us during your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best Wishes,

Ross-on-wye, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from this hotel having spent two nights with my boyfriend I. One of the executive suites over looking the stadium.
I cannot commend enough, the attitude of the staff through New Years evening and the following morning, having worked in hospitality myself it is hard to keep morals high but everyone was great!!!
Rooms are very spacious with all the 'extras' amazing queen size beds and audio tv I. The bathrooms.... It is defiantly worth a visit!!!
Obviously being in wembley it's outside of central London so maybe not ideal if your thinking of visiting sites, only criticism is there aren't any small restaursnts near by.... However we were feeling lazy and didn't want to walk far from the hotel....
We will be returning this is the best hilton we've stayed at yet ....

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Rutsch_11
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at the hotel.

I am pleased to learn that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be passing on your kind comments to our team members.

I am delighted you were able to enjoy an Executive Room with a fantastic view of the Wembley Stadium.

Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed there right after a concert at Wembley. The hotel is the newest one in the area. The room is very clean and relatively big. Air con is quite so I had a great sleep. The executive lounge has a great view where I could enjoy a quite moment with a class of wine. The next day, I was impressed by the breakfast selection at the Associate restaurant. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will recommend to people who are looking for a hotel at Wembley!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Wembley Stadium have the best view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review with everyone.

I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us whilst attending a concert at Wembley Arena.

We are privileged to be located a stone's throw from the iconic Wembley venues and have excellent transport links into Central London.

I was thrilled to read that you found our rooms to be spacious, clean and comfortable and you enjoyed the view from the Executive Lounge. Furthermore, you enjoyed and were impressed by the breakfast selection available in The Association Restaurant.

I do hope you will be returning to us on your next visit when we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Best Wishes,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I organized my departments Christmas party for 130 people at the Hilton London Wembley and also stayed at the hotel thanks to my one night a year alcohol abuse intake. i only live half a mile from the hotel but thought what the heck its Christmas so why not stay in comfort.

This hotel has only been open 6 months but it is in the VERY BEST location for any event at Wembley Arena or Wembley Stadium. The Arena is roughly 30 feet away and the stadium 150 feet from reception so you couldnt get any closer if you tried.

The hotel itself is very modern and spacious and very well laid out and there was always quite a few staff in the reception area 24 hours a day to help out.

The room was very nice and well laid out with everything you needed for a comfy stay.
As a disabled guest i asked for a walk in shower. the bathroom area was one of the best well laid out ive used from the many hotels ive stayed in around the world so top marks for this.

The included breakfast (depending on the booking you make) had a wide variety of the usual good old British fry ups to the continental style breakfast which was very nice even after the copious amounts of alcohol i had consumed the night before.

Overall this is a top notch hotel for the area it is in and in my opinion the best around the stadium complex.

word of warning if parking a car at the hotel (private car park under the hotel).
If you are staying at the hotel make sure you get you car park ticket authorized by the reception before you leave as it will then only cost £15 for 24 hours. if you park there and its a stadium event day and you dont get it authorized it can cost upto £85 to park one car for 24 hours.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for taking the time to complete this review.

Many thanks for choosing Hilton London Wembley for your Staff Christmas Party, I hope you all had an enjoyable time.

I was delighted to read that you found our room and facilities to be excellent. We are extremely proud of the facilities and product we offer and are always thrilled to know our guests feel the same.

We do offer a wide selection of items for our guests at breakfast, I am always pleased to hear that our guests find our selection and quality to be excellent.

I have noted your comment regarding the parking charge. The car park is not owned or operated by the hotel or Hilton, I am pleased to say that we have negotiated a discounted rate of £15.00 for 24 hours continous parking for our hotel guests.

I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience and recommending us as a hotel to stay. We very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

South Padre Island, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is just steps from Wembley stadium. Upon arrival, I asked the concierge to reserve a spot in the tour of Wembley stadium, something I highly recommend for anyone staying here. The hotel is brand new, the decor is consistent with all ne Hilton openings: contemporary, spacious, and clean. The executive lounge is always well stocked. However, the exec. lounge staff always seemed to be galavanting, although they were nice.

The rooms are also very nicely designed, spacious, and clean.The cleaning staff is great and turndown service was almost like a full cleaning of the room. Internet was fast and available throughout the hotel. On the last morning of my stay, I phoned down for some additional toiletries, which never came.

Overall the hotel is well-kept, and there is sufficient attention to details, I just think guests, particularly diamond members, ought to be given a little more focus as well. This is the sole reason why I give it a 4 instead of a 5, but I still don't want to seem like I'm being picky, because I would certainly return to this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your comments with everyone.

I am pleased to learn that on the whole that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be passing on your feedback to our team members.

Rest assured I have taken note of your comments regarding the Executive Lounge and Housekeeping and which I will follow up on.

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review and for your positive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you would return, when we look forward to welcoming you back.

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed here just before Christmas after a shopping trip with my girlfriend. Its a really good hotel but the small things stopped it being a great stay. I know this sounds picky but small things like the design of the sink (water splashing everywhere), the sink not draining correctly and the receptionists letting us stand for a peroid of time at the concierge desk while they gossiped about their weekend. Other than that is was a great stay, a nice big room with an amazing bed and the furnishings were also rather good. We didn't have breakfast but I had a good look round and the whole food and beverage set up seemed very good.

Room Tip: Check in early and don't stay when it is busy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tmarks123
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone following your recent stay with us.

Please be assured that I have taken your feedback on board and have addressed the issues you raised with the Management team here.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes