“rude and abrupt staff!!!!!!!!!!!”

Hilton London Wembley
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wembley
Reviewed December 7, 2012

made a booking and wanted to book more rooms the service i recieved over the the phone was poor!
very rude and abruptly spoken as it was the total oposite to what i had experienced during my first booking,

she did not let me finish my queiry and said to book else where as they where fully booked.
i said on a comparsion webiste it showing rooms avaliable and she didnt let me finish n said book it if you want because we aint got no more rooms left!
i said why am i going to book it a waste my money.

rude!!!! is what she was. on the new booking reservations line.
wish i had got her name. i have now cancelled my current booking!
do not expect this from hilton!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nainisha
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. I would like to personally assist with your request and would appreciate it if you can kindly send me your contact number and booking confirmation number via kara.monteiro@hilton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,907)

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Visited this hotel for a part business, part leisure time in London. Picked the hotel as some reviews mentioned it is easy to get in to London and this is also on the website.
I arrived earlier than the normal check in and was greeted at reception with "you are early, I will see if we have any rooms". Not even a Good afternoon, welcome or anything like that.
I was given a room on the 8th floor overlooking the stadium, which was a good view for the area. I also noted that the person on reception was not English and seemed to be reading a script and kept getting it wrong - not very professional.
The executive room is on the 9th floor, again views of the stadium. There is plenty of space with vast worktops for food, drink etc. Only problem is that there is not much food or drink provided!!
Breakfast is a poor continental with the addition of runny scrambled eggs and some bacon.
Afternoon tea is a few mini tarts, some cakes and some fruit. No sandwiches at all.
In the evening, they served fried chicken 5 nights in a row with either spring rolls or onion bhajis, the drinks selection was poor with only the basic spirits and a few bottles of beer.
With the vast space they have in this area, surely they could do so much better.

As the hotel is failry new, the room was spotless with the bed very comfortable, the shower and bath were great as well. There are many issues with the housekeeping though.
I got a bottle of complimentary water left as I checked in, I drank it presuming this would be replaced. It was not and I was advised by reception/housekeeping that I could buy a bottle for nearly £4.00. Not once during my stay was I left the full compliment of tea/coffee/hot choc/biscuits. Again I complained and was told housekeeping was finished for the day but I could buy a pot of coffee from room service!!
The same thing happens with the complimetary toiletries, you will be lucky to get them replaced everyday, so make sure you take your own.
Used the pool and steam room a couple of times, the steam room and sauna were great, the pool was good as well. Didn't like the swim up spa bath though, found it a bit cold.
The location may be good for either wembley arena or stadium but it is a trek to the tube station and it is poorly lit at night especially if there is no event on. It also takes a lot longer into London than is suggested. I would not recommend for anyone who wants to come back in the evening to go back out into London again, so much time is wasted.
On check out, the same person who checked me in, attempted to check out someone of a different name and room number, I felt this is because she simply could not understand the process, and I was not even wished a goodbye.
I certainly cannot recommend this hotel at present, do not think I would return unless attending and event nearby. It may be ok for 1 night stays with the sole purpose of attending wembley.

Room Tip: View of the stadium is good and is away from any road
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank magicbear

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at Hilton London Wembley.

I was disappointed to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that I may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact me directly on kara.monteiro@hilton.com.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Best wishes

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for one night when we went to see Michael McIntyre. You cannot beat this location it is the closest hotel there is. This is a fairly new hotel and in most places is still looks fresh and new. Our room was lovely but a few signs of early wear and tear, such as the security lock on the door was broken and the cover for the peep hole falling off but no real drama, the room itself was spotless. Very comfy bed. Spacious room. There is a TGI Friday right next to the hotel so if you don't want to pay a lot to eat in the hotel then head there. The hotel bar is nice and not as pricey as I expected for a London Hotel. £5 a pint of beer, lots of london hotels are nearer £10. Breakfast was excellent with a very good choice of food. If you are going to Wembley Stadium or the Arena and want to stay somewhere close then I don't think this hotel can be beaten

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank alyson.johnson-smith_123
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words with everyone following your recent stay with us.

I hope you enjoyed the Michael McInture Show at the Arena and I am pleased that like alot of our other guests, you found our location to be suitable for your needs and found our rooms to be clean and spacious.

We are delighted to offer a wide selection of items for our guests at breakfast, I am always pleased to hear that our guests find our selection and quality to be excellent.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and recommending us as a place to stay, we very much look forward to welcoming back on your next visit.

Best wishes,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

we found a sophisticated oasis in the buzz of wembley. great pool and gym

the hotel is new so everything was 1st class

the service was excellent and they looked after us really well

one down side is the parking in a nearby garage - you pay each time you leave - so not much good if you are in and our through the day as we were

wembley is great for indian food - which we love

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at the hotel.

I am delighted that you found the hotel to be sophisticated and 1st class and that you enjoyed our pool and gym facilities.

Many thanks for your comments about our service delivery during your stay and I am pleased that everything was met to your satisfaction.

The Gold Car Park is the closest to the hotel which is not managed or owned by us. I will however share your feedback with the company who operates it. Please be advised that we have managed to secure a discounted rate which is for 24hrs for continous parking.

I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with everyone and we very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

It's a very nice hotel, well laid out, attractive and extremely convenient for Wembley Arena (just a few steps away) and Stadium. The rooms are a nice size and very comfortable. The bathrooms are also well appointed although the flush mechanism on the toilet is a bit reluctant.

Reception excellent, concierge excellent. Bar poor, food poor, room service terrible and housekeeping telephone service is non existent.

First bar food during the day is just a selection of sandwiches and paninis. The cheese sandwich we ordered had dry crusts (the sort you get when you incorrectly over-defrost bread in the microwave) and tasteless crisps and the cheese panini was the same but with rubbery feta cheese (!)

We ordered room service off the 24 hour menu at 11 pm to be called at midnight to say that they no longer could fill our order as they had run out (!)

Requested a toothbrush on arrival from housekeeping (per the instructions in the guest booklet) to be rudely shouted at over the phone that I had the wrong number and should call ****. Despite three requests to repeat I still could not understand the number so called reception who said they would sort it out. It never turned up.

Overall nice if you don't want to eat or if you don't forget your toothbrush. I suggest you stock up with munchies if you do go as there is nothing else nearby to compensate for the terrible food and room service at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate your time.

We are very fortunate to be located next to Wembley Stadium and I am glad that our location worked well for you.

I am delighted that you found our Reception and Concierge team members to be friendly and service minded.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with the bar food and your request for a tooth brush. Please be assured of my personal follow up on this.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us as this is the only way we can constantly improve.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there end of Nov 2012 for 2 nights. It is difficult to find, no signs for Hilton any where, near or far.
My bath & shower hot water was cold, I ordered room service the first night and asked for cheese & ham omelette but got a tepid mushroom omelette instead I started eating it but rang them & said they made a mistake but I was eating it and just wanted to let them know, at 10 pm there was a knock on my Do Not Disturb door, when I opened, it was room service telling me: " here is your ham & cheese omelette". I said I didn't want it and am going to bed.
The night was cold and there was no extra blanket. The website says free Wifi in the room but do not be fooled it's only for the Gold members. My room faced a wall and i had no reception on either of my 2 mobiles both with O2.I competed a feed back form the next day asking for a discount and gave it to the reception desk but I had to chase them up. Eventually there was a letter in my room to ring the Duty Manager which I did, he did not introduce himself and said it's Holly who is dealing with it but she is really busy now. but she can talk to you when I check out the next morning, 30 min later she called me and she apologised but no discount ! I did get a blanket though ! How generous.
On check out I was assured I receive a receipt at their very expensive car park, but the machine is incapable of producing a receipt , I paid by credit card & the gentleman before me paid cash but none of us got a receipt . So all in all do not recommend it if you expect a good service.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am really sorry that you didnt receive the correct room service order. Please be assured I have spoken wih our Food & Beverage Manager for him to address this with his team to ensure there is no recurrence.

As part of the event you were attending a complimentary internet voucher was given.

The Gold Car Park is not owned or managed by the hotel or Hilton, we have negotiated a discounted rate of £15.00 for 24 hours continous parking for our hotel guests.

I am sorry that your mobile signal was weak in the room you stayed in. On a future visit, please do mention this to our Reception Team and we will allocate you in a room where you will be able to obtain signal.

I understand you spoke with Holly Tofiled, Duty Manager who addressed your concerns.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here on Thursday 29th November for our daughters graduation which was at Wembley stadium. Check in was good and we requested some champagne flutes for the room as it was my wife's birthday too and we had brought champagne with us, however same did not arrive so we rang down again. When we returned from the ceremony, still no glasses so we rang down again and were informed there would be a five pound surcharge so I said no thanks. 10 minutes later the glasses arrived but we were already using the ordinary glasses so I said it was too late now but they insisted we have them at no extra charge so we did. There was obviously some kind of communication problem here!
We ate in the restaurant but the service was slow and it was not even very busy. The haloumi cheese was far too salty, the homemade burger was dry and bread and butter pudding was also dry with hardly any egg custard in it. We told the waiter about all complaints but we had no feedback from kitchen or management. This was a shame because the rest of the food was very good.
After dinner my wife spoke to the duty manager and he was very apologetic and gave us a bottle of prosecco which was nice but the point is the complaints should have been dealt with sooner so as we did not leave the restaurant disgruntled as we did. Overall a great hotel but could be even better.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following on from your stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that the champagne flutes were not in your room on return from the Staduim.
Please be assured I have spoken with our Food & Beverage Manager for him to address with his team to ensure there is no recurrence.

Your feedback regarding the food has been taken on board which again I will share with my Executive Head Chef.

I am pleased that you addressed your disattisfaction with the Duty Manager at the time who in return as a gesture offered you the bottle of presecco.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused thank you for your feedback. I do hope that on your next trip to Wembley that you will visit us again and experience us at our best.