“Perfect for Wembley”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Wembley
Northampton
“Perfect for Wembley”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Enjoyed my one night stay prior to conference at Wembley Stadium. Very quiet and well appointed rooms. I enjoyed a quiet swim in the pool and relaxed in the steam room. Had a great view of the stadium eating my evening meal. All the staff I met were happy to help and polite. Parked the car in the Gold Parking next to the hotel which is reduced if you get your ticket validated just before you pay for the parking.
Less than 5 minutes walk up the steps to Wembley in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy the excellent our pool and steam room.

Thank you again for taking time to share your experience with everyone, I very much look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kesgrave
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed at the new Hilton Wembley 5 or 6 times since it opened and stayed at the old Hilton Wembley Plaza probably 20+ before it became a Holiday Inn a few months ago when the new Hilton opened. The new hotel is purpose built to a high standard with good finishes, soundproofing etc, the old hotel was falling apart.

As you come out of Wembley Park tube station go down the stairs at the main entrance and walk down the pedestrian Wembley way towards the stadium for about 300m, when you are about 100m from the stadium you will cross a road see the Hilton sign on the hotel about 150m to your right.

Good sized lobby area and reception is normally very quick and efficient. There is a good executive lounge area serving drinks and some food in the early evening and breakfast in the morning. It is one of the best executive lounges at the various Hiltons in London with indoor and outdoor areas.

The main bar also has indoor and outdoor areas, have not tried the main restaurant yet.

Wembley is 40min or so from central London so it ok as a base if you plan to leave in the morning and come back until the evening but not if you want to be closer to the action.

Only minor issue across all the rooms I have been in there is the water temperature in the showers which fluctuates from ok to very hot and this really should not happen in a new hotel which otherwise is very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our offering in the Executive lounge outstanding. I am also glad that our location worked well for your visit to Wembley.

Thank you for your comments regarding the water temperature in the bathroom which we will certainly look at.

I would like to thank you once again for sharing your experience and recommending us a hotel to stay.

We very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I am a regular Hotel user both in my private and professional life. I booked to stay at the hotel as I was visiting Wembley on the 28th October for the NFL Rams vs Patriots and wanted to make the travel as easy as possible.

I had hospitality arranged for the game which commenced at 14:00hrs. So as not to miss anything I phoned the hotel to arrange an early check-in for 13:00hrs. My partner and I packed our clothes for the event in our case and travelled in other clothes in the knowledge we'd have a full hour to change and wander over to the stadium.

Upon arrival at 13:15hrs we were informed by the front desk that there was no room available and early check-in was subject to availability. I said this was unacceptable and I had arranged an early check-in but the stock answer that this was subject to availability and I could check in at 15:00hrs. They made no attempt or offer to clean a room and make it available to change in, in fact they were not prepared to compromise at all on the check in time. 15:00hrs would be the earliest and they graciously offered that I could find another room elsewhere if I wasn't happy, of course charging me for the room that was too late to cancel.

I admit that I lost my temper at this point and was not polite to the staff so the kind lady suggested she would call security and remove me from the hotel knowing full well other hotels in the area were fully booked.

Eventually we had to get changed in a toilet and pass our clothes out of the suitcase as we only had one.

I had booked an executive room which I found small when I came back from the match to eventually check in. I went to go to the Executive lounge at around 21:30hrs and found this had closed at 21:00hrs to top it off, in other chains I've stayed they remain open 24hrs although usually unmanned. The main bar had bouncers on the door who were directed to not let anyone out carrying a drink so my other plan of taking one to the room was quashed by that.

All in all I had an unpleasant experience at check in and the take it or leave attitude was not what I expect from a 4 star hotel.

I realise they were busy but some sense of compromise with an offer to get a room ready in 30 minutes time is what I have encountered when arriving at other hotels WITHOUT having an early check-in pre booked. The take it or leave it and pay again attitude of the staff was the most arrogant I have encountered anywhere ever.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rickbase
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback to us following your recent stay with us whilst attending the NFL at Wembley Stadium.

We had received a request from you prior to arrival for an early check in, we do not guarantee early check in’s as this is completely reliant on previous guests departing before 12noon. Due to the hotel being fully booked for both October 27th & 28th and many of our other guests also arriving early, we were unable to offer everyone an early check in, this was given to our guests as and when rooms became available.

I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding the Front desk team as they endeavoured to do everything they could to assist you and access to our Executive lounge was given so you could relax and have some refreshments prior to the game whilst we prepared your room for you.

We do not tolerate the use of aggressive behaviour and abusive language towards our team members and are very clear that any guests behaving in such a way may be asked to leave the hotel. Our Duty Manager on the day attempted to apologise and explain the situation to you and advised if this behaviour continued we would ask you to leave.

We are in the hospitality industry to make our guests feel welcome and I am sorry that you felt on this occasion we failed you.

Thank you again for completing this review

Best regards

Maribor
Reviewed November 14, 2012

the hotel is located literally outside Wembley stadium next to Wembley arena and its location is superb! The hotel is all shiny and new. From the large spacious reception to the bedrooms, bar and restaurant the hotel has a classy yet not pretentious feel about the place. Bedrooms are spacious, modernly decorated, spacious, well equipped and even heated mirrors in the bathroom! For breakfast you would find pretty much everything you could hope for! Coupled with a checkout time of 12 meant some good recuperation time from the night before and a relaxed start to the day ahead. The staff throughout are friendly and professional and make you feel very welcome. They even provided an elastic band so Gamster could use one as temporary hair band when straightening her hair! Quality throughout !

Room Tip: Ask for a room to see Wembley stadum at night!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate your time.

I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that the hotel lived upto your expectations.

I am so pleased that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be friendly and service minded and that we looked after you during your stay.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

milton keynes
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Gamster and I stayed at the Hilton for a Saturday night when attending a show at the fountain tv studios.
Located literally outside Wembley stadium next to Wembley arena its location is superb!
Bedrooms are spacious, decorated with a modern spacious feel, well equipped and even heated mirrors in the bathroom!
For breakfast you would struggle to find someone who was not content with the choice on offer – pretty much everything you could hope for! As it was the weekend the breakfast was served until 11 which is nice. Coupled with a checkout time of 12 meant some good recuperation time from the night before and a relaxed start to the day ahead.

Quality throughout !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review.

I was delighted to find that you found our rooms and facilities to be excellent. We are extremely proud of the facilities and product we offer and are always thrilled to know our guests feel the same.

Really pleased to also hear that you were happy to find that we offer breakfast until 11am at the weekends which is great especially when you predict a late night before.

I am delighted that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be friendly and service minded and that we looked after you during your stay.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Booked this one through the booking.com website as a business base.

Description on booking.com read as follows:

'This room is decorated in rich, warm colours and features a king-size bed and large windows. Special touches include free Wi-Fi, integrated US and UK power sockets, and an ergonomic chair. There is also an elegant bathroom with a bath and shower.'

And the room is as good as that apart from the Wi-Fi where I was invited to pay an additional £14.99 on checking in. Decided not to do that this time.

On the plus points breakfast is great with an excellent choice.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback with everyone and for highlighting that the bedroom descripton is a true picture of whats detailed on the booking.com website.

Your comments regarding the charges applied for internet use have been taken on board. Hilton Hotels are very transparent with regards to their internet charges. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and not something that we can reduce or increase of our own wll.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and the selections made available. I will certainly share your feedback with my team.

Once again my thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Midlands
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Not that there's anything wrong with a Mondeo, they're very nice cars but I guess what I'm trying to say is that this hotel is overpriced for what you get. Firstly I found it really difficult to find, considering the size of the hotel I'd expect it to be lit up like a beacon next to Wembley but in fact it's tucked away down a little side road. As I was driving there at night and the Sat Nav didn't recognise the postcode I was relying on just being able to spot it as I arrived. I had to stop and ask a policeman and then had the cheek to pop into the Ibis around the corner and ask for directions (incidentally the receptionist at the Ibis was very helpful - maybe I'll stay there next time). The road was closed off as there was an event on at Wembley Arena so by the time I arrived I drove past the car park which isn't clearly signed had to go into the hotel reception and then back in the car to park up. The receptionist was quite surly, not particularly friendly however check in was what I would describe as efficient. I checked into my room, which for a standard room was very nice and spacious. I ordered room service which arrived in about 30 minutes. The crab and avocado tian was tasteless and at £13 was overpriced. Having said that the fries were lovely but again £4!! not to mention the £5 service charge so I can only sum it up as a £22 disappointment. Now I have mentioned that there was an event on at the Arena - The Red Bull Urban Clash which was basically some of the UK's best DJ's playing to the kids. The Bass coming from the Arena was on a scale I can't even describe and and when I finally decided there was no way I could put up with Tim "the big dog" Westwood keeping me up until midnight I went to reception and asked if i could move rooms. To the [different] receptionists credit she did this without any problem. I do have to say that the pillows at the Hilton are the best I've ever slept on and I did end up getting a wonderful nights sleep. A couple of niggles are that you have to pay for internet unless you are a Hilton Honours Gold or Diamond member and the biscuits are a bit rubbish!! I guess that this Hilton is like most Hilton's and a bit like a company car. You'd probably spend the companies money on it and not bat an eyelid but if it was your own hard earned cash you'd probably come away feeling a little cheated. Not good, not bad, would I come back probably not. There's a new Park Inn being built just around the corner and I think this could be a good alternative.

Room Tip: If there's an event on at the Arena ask them to put you at the other side of the hotel.
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for your feedback.

I am sorry that you struggled a little in locating the hotel and then to find that Empire Way was closed due to some filming taking place. Please be advised that the filming shoot was a one off. If you are are coming here in the evenings the hotel name is lit up. We are looking to have further signs put in place around the area, directing guests to the hotel.

You will find that our prices are inline with the London Hotel pricing and apologies that you felt otherwise.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for internet use. Hilton Hotels are very transparent with regards to their internet charges. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and not something that we can reduce or increase at our own free will.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.