“£21.50 in room breakfast for one ripoff loses Hilton one star.”

Hilton London Wembley
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wembley
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I needed to attend a conference at Wembley and booked a King room for a flash sale online price of £85. The catch? Room service breakfast for one was £16.50+£5 tray charge! Gobsmacked! So I expected a feast for that price. Only one sausage, one mushroom, one fried egg, one slice of bacon, 2 small tomatoes and a small hashbrown with 2 pieces of toast! Sadly let down big time. Shame as the king size bed was comfortable except for the annoying bedside radio clock showing the wrong time with no instructions on how to change the time. Tried pressing all the buttons only to be awoken at 7 am by the alarm! The bathroom was brand new and immaculate in an art deco style. There was a £14.99 wifi in room charge and I was given a code for one hour of free wifi in the public areas. So much for catering to business travellers. The spa and sauna were nice and hot. The pool and jacuzzi were cold. Each room came with a free bottle of water, and coffee/tea making service. Could have made a better first impression if they had not overcharged on breakfast at the Wembley Hilton! This was not dining at the Ritz!

Room Tip: A room facing Wembley Stadium is nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Guest ,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete this review. Your overall feedback has been appreciated and taken on board.

We do believe that our room service breakfast charges are competitively priced and you will find that most hotels in London also have a room service tray charge in place. Alternatively breakfast is served in The Association Restaurant where a tray charge would not be incurred.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for internet use. Hilton Hotels are very transparent with regards to their internet charges. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and not something that we can reduce or increase of our own free will.

Thank you for sharing your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best Wishes,

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Wembley

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for 1 night as we were taking my son to see Ice Age Live at Wembley Arena.
Perfect location, great room and the views were great. The staff could not do enough for us even though they were at times very busy.
In particular, the lady working in the Executive Lounge on the Saturday night, she really made an extra special effort and it was greatly appreciated.
We had a lovely dinner in the restaurant and the bar was also nice and relaxing with good food.
All in all, we had a wonderful stay and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to complete this review. I hope you had fun at the Ice Age show and I am really pleased to know that your stay with us at Hilton London Wembley was a comfortable and enjoyable one.

Your feedback is appreciated and I will certainly share your positive feedback with my team and especially the assistant in the Executive Lounge.

I do hope on your next trip to Wembley that you will choose to stay with us again when we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I Only stayied one nite and the room and staff were great.
I was going to see the NFL football game and a friend of mine booked this for me and my friends as a surprise,
The whole experence could not be any better the warm swimming pool amd relaxaton suites were great after a long trip from Inverness.
The Staff were very friendly and were always on hand to help you if you needed it.
Great for a Luxury time.

The one down side is the walk to the Hotel from the Station is quite distance about 20 to 30mins and finding the street its on can be abit tricky ( Hotel not sign Posted), Best to follow signs to stadum as its just next to it.

Room Tip: The two rooms we all had were all great so i take it all rooms are great. No traffic Noise is its we...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate your time.

We are very fortunate to be located next to Wembley Stadium and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to the NFL Football.

I am so pleased that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be friendly and service minded and that we looked after you during your stay.

I am pleased to inform you that at the end of Autumn 2013 there will be a London Designer Outlet opening right next door to the hotel which will comprise of 85 boutiques. The Outlet will offer a complimentary tram transporting guests to and from Wembley Park Station, so the walk to the hotel will be just a few minutes away.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed two nights Sat. and Sun.27th/28th October, to go to American Football at Wembley Stadium. Hotel was very busy but coped well and would definitely stay there again. Rooms nice size and views of Stadium especially from Executive Lounge were magnificent. The Exec. Lounge was excellent and well stocked, with even an outside sitting area (aimed possibly at smokers), too cold anyway last weekend! Nice looking gym and health club. Didn't eat here except for breakfast but bar area and restaurant appeared to be quite busy. Perfect location for Wembley Arena or Statdium

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
KaraMonteiro, Manager at Hilton London Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review online following your recent visit to Hilton London Wembley whilst attending the NFL game at Wembley stadium, we very much appreciate your time.

I was thrilled to read that you like many other guests found our rooms to be of a good size and that you enjoyed our spectacular views of Wembley Stadium.

Thank you for your comments regarding the Executive lounge, our team work tirelessly to ensure all our guests receive the highest levels of service.

I do hope you will be returning to us on your next visit when we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the London Hilton at Wembley. We were going to see the latest NFL offering at Wembley Stadium and, rather than trek home on the tube or deal with traffic in the car, decided to stay over and make a whole weekend of it. We stayed for two nights (unfortunately two rather cold nights!) The hotel is big and new, with a nice large reception area with floor to ceiling windows which look directly onto the Stadium. With the weather the way it was, however, this made the lobby / reception area a bit cold and drafty. The draw of this hotel is that you literally can't stay any closer to the Stadium, or to Wembley Arena which is across the street. In fact the only reason to stay here, as far as I am concerned, is if you are going to see a show or performance at either venue. The area around the hotel is not the best if you are a tourist. It's very residential, almost no bars or pubs and really there's nothing else around it - no lovely vistas, no entertainment, no tourist sites, few restaurants. Anyway, the hotel is 9 floors high. The 2nd floor has the gym, sauna and pool (free to residents) and the 3rd floor houses the bar and the restaurant. The rooms make up the majority of the rest of the site, with the 8th floor dedicated to the Executive Rooms. The top floor has the Executive Lounge to which you have access if you are in one of the Executive Rooms. The lounge has some tables, sofas, a t.v., computer access, coffee machine and nibbles.

Our room, one of the Executive Rooms, was a good size for two people. The bed was quite large, a Super King I would think, but if you don't like hard beds, this would not be for you. Nice big pillows, plenty of lighting including night lights on the headboard. The t.v. gives you access to about 35 channels, however a number of these were foreign language channels and about an equal nunber were Sports Channels. Perhaps because of the location of the hotel, you had access to all of the Sky Sports Channels, great for a sports fiend! The Executive rooms came equipped with iron and ironing board, two robes and two sets of slippers. The bathroom was a good one - nice and large with ample space for two people to use for getting ready in the morning. Two interesting things about the bathroom - it had a telephone by the toilet and the audio of the t.v. was pumped into the room, which was a bit disconcerting in the beginning. The room came complete with a mini bar (dont touch a thing until you want to pay for it) and some of the worst coffee imaginable in the coffee/tea set up. On Sunday we were able to purchase coffee to go from the bar, and that was only slightly better! One thing to note about the 8th floor in general- it seemed as if the carpet had recently been laid on this floor. New carpet smell hits you the minute you get of the elevator. It would have been nice to be able to open a window as the smell seemed to be a bit overpowering at times, but as the hotel is "hermetically sealed", it wasn't possible.

Unfortunately the view from the room wasn't the best, not the hotel's fault of course! Our room was to the front of the hotel and these rooms face the Wembley Arena. As we were on the 8th floor our room was above the Arena so we basically looked over at the top of the Arena, and its air conditioning unit. But over that, once you got past the immediate area, were lovely views over Middlesex and it's hills and trees. We didn't use the gym/sauna/pool so no comments on that. The bar, the only one in the building, had floor to ceiling windows, and mix of tables, chairs, sofas. It served a few items of food, the prices were what you would expect for a Hilton. For example the burger and chips was £13.50. It seems, though, that the insulation was a bit lacking as it was a cold weekend and it was almost as cold in the bar. Most people had their coats on, not a very relaxing atmosphere! A nice plus, however, is that there were a few tables on the balcony outside the bar and you could go out there if you wanted to have a smoke. Dinners at the restaurant was lovely. We ate there both nights as the only other option anywhere in the area was a TGI Fridays which is a part of the hotel building, accessed by going around the outside of the building. Unfortunately, on Saturday night, the music was so loud my husband and I could hear ourselves talk so we went up to the restaurant for the first of two dinners that we had there. They had a good, varied menu with a set price £19.95 for two courses, £24.95 for three. The atmosphere was relaxed and, again, floor to ceiling windows so you ate while gazing at a lit up Wembley Stadium. The food was very good, the only let down being the spotty service. It was a big weekend and I imagine the hotel was full but I still expected better service at a Hilton that what we got. We had to keep reminding the waiters to bring us items which we had ordered, which was a bit of a nuisance.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel so i can't comment on that. I gather that it is a bit pricey (I think it was about £16.50) but there's a cafe just a minute's walk from the hotel and just a bit further is a corner store for supplies. Back to the hotel - there is room service, of course, and a laundry service. The front desk staff was professional and helpful and, all in all it was an enjoyable stay, esp since it only took us a few minutes to get home from the game. As my title suggests, there really isn't anything around there so if you don't need to be in Wembley this hotel isn't such that you should go out of you way to stay there. But if you have to be by the Arena or Stadium and you are trying to figure out which of the 6 or so hotels in the area to stay in, this would be a very good choice. Oh parking - tough in London so having access to a parking lot only a minute's walk away is ideal. But make sure you get your ticket validated at the hotel. If you do, it's £15 a day. If you don't it's £80!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DakotaTyler

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone following your stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst attending the NFL game at Wembley Stadium.

I was sorry to read your comments regarding your experience with us at dinner. I have spoken at length with our Food & Beverage Manager who has taken remedial action to ensure this does not recur in the future.

Thank you again for taking time to share your experience with everyone, I very much look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I recently spent a night in the Hilton London Wembley hotel with my husband and i can honestly say it was one of the nicest hotels i have ever visited. The hotel is tastefully decorated and the room was very comfortable and spacious. A great deal of thought and planning has gone into the design of the hotel, which has fantastic views of the stadium and the city from the Skybar. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the food served from the hotel restaurants was amazing! I would certainly recommend this hotel very highly to anyone and will definitely be booking again when i am next in London. This hotel does the Hilton Chain of hotels proud!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive comments with everyone, we really appreciate it.

I was thrilled to read your feedback and have shared these with the entire team as they serve as a great motivator.

Thank you again, we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon when we will have the pleasure of taking care of you once again.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel has only opened for couple of months and it has a brilliant location if you are going to Wembley for a game or other performances. Location is excellent too if you get to the right tube stop otherwise it will be a good 30 minutes walk like I had. Only 7 minutes walk from the Wembley Park Station and probably one of the best ones near Wembley.

The room was big compare to other hotels in London and the best thing is how new it is. My room had a big king size bed, 37” flat screen TV with Freeview channels available. Bathroom was reasonably big and clean too even though it was about £150 a night but it was still a pretty good deal.

My shower didn’t work in the morning (there was no cold water coming out so it was way too hot for me) but with a call to the front desk I was able to go to another room down the hallway to use the shower. Running between rooms in my towel would definitely be one of the most memorable experience in my life.

Another strange thing was (maybe it’s the standard practice in the Hilton?) they don’t seem to change or clean the glass or cups you use in the room. I used the cup to make a cup of tea the night before but when I got back to the room the cup was still dirty with the spoon in it. The same happened in Hilton Belfast as well so I am not sure if it’s the common practice in the Hilton? But if so that should change.

Customer service was a bit of a let-down. There weren’t any queues at the time of checking out but it took almost 2 minutes before I could grab someone’s attention and again when I had to pick up the luggage I left when I checked out in the morning.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Walkman88

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our bedrooms to be of a good size and well equipped.

I am sorry that you experienced an issue with your shower during your stay, I am pleased that we were able to provide an immediate solution for you.

I would like to assure you that it is not standard practice here at Hilton London Wembley or any other Hilton property not to clean or change the amentities in bedrooms. I have taken immediate action within our Housekeeping team to ensure this does not recur, please accept my most sincere apologies for this.

Thank you for recommending us as a place to stay, we very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.