“They owe me some sleep”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“They owe me some sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I've written a review whilst still in the hotel.

I'm working nights which the hotel knows about, every day I've been wearing earplugs as housekeeping needs to do their work. I got woken up by them yet again so I phoned reception asking them to have a word and if housekeeping could not talk so loud. I heard their phone or whatever they use so thought it would now be quieter. They decided the best way to make up for it was to slam the vacuum against the wall (Monday it sounded like they was using it to hammer a nail into the wall), bang the toilet seat and loud fake coughing. I went to reception and they denied it happened, there was no talking as she was on her own and then muttered when I walked away. I apologise for trying to take advantage of what hotels offer - sleep!

Rooms are the usual ibis every one looks the same type, food is edible - just.

Don't bother driving as there's no parking but the train station is opposite and there's a new outlet centre nearly finished behind it.

I'm back here next week, if I had the choice I wouldn't be.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ibiswembley, General Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I have been investigating this matter. The housekeeping staff has been made aware of your complain in order to prevent this situation from happening again. We have also shared your comment with the restaurant and would like to apologize about the fact that the food was not up to your standards. Kindest regards, Raman Julka.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

this hotel does not have air conditioning and the window only open a crack. the AC only tempers the space which means the room is 80+ degrees. It is not a three star hotel by US standards. the rooms are very small and the bathrooms were put afterwards so they are simiilar to waht you would find on a cruise ship. I would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ibiswembley, General Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
I am sorry to read that on this occasion you were not happy about your stay in ibis London Wembley, we have passed your comment to the relevant department. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us, all comments are valuable, we still hope to see you again in one of our Accor hotel. Kindest regards, Raman Julka.
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Ibis Wembley is a good comfortable hotel if you're looking to stay in and around London on a budget. The location is very good, literally right next to the rail links and Wembley Stadium. The rooms are clean and the staff were helpful on checking in. and the free Wi-Fi is pretty quick. The hotel was spotlessly clean, comfortable ,spacious bed ,nice white bed linen. The staff were eager to please and friendly.
Good value for money reception staff very helpful and pleasant , good comfortable stay for two nights excellent experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sandeepdelhi
Many thanks for your kind review about your stay in ibis London Wembley, I am glad my team made it enjoyable and we hope to see you again during your next visit in London. Kindest regards, Raman Julka.
Barnetby le Wold, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

very happy with our stay at this hotel , ideal for Wembley stadium the view from our room was of the stadium , the receptionist was very helpful , room was spotlessly clean , you get no sound from the stadium in your rooms xx the only downside to this hotel is the parking which is roughly 20mins walk from the hotel , overall hotel really gd but parking not so good xx

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Ibis Wembley is a solid hotel if you're looking to stay in and around London on a budget. The location is very good, literally right next to the rail links and Wembley Stadium. The rooms are clean and the staff were helpful on checking in. The breakfast is good, if not a bit overpriced and the free Wi-Fi is pretty quick. One gripe is that the car park isn't very big at all and there was no room when we initially checked in.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very happy with this hotel. It was a last minute birthday surprise of a London weekend. The hotel was spotlessly clean, comfortable ,spacious bed ,nice white bed linen. The staff were eager to please and friendly. There is free WiFi but I only discovered I could not access it quite late at night and could not be bothered to sort it out so I do not know if it was a gltch or poor signal. We were in room 1030 on 13th floor and had a fantastic view of Wembley stadium and the arch and a beautiful night view of London , all sparkling lights. Our room was very quiet and not in disturbed our sleep. Breakfast was lovely on our first morning but a little dried out on the second. However I felt that if I had asked the staff they would have replaced the dreadful looking beans. Not an enormous variety but more than enough to satisfy. Its about a 15 minute walk from the tube but its an interesting walk. All things considered I would definitely recommend the ibis Wembley. Body and hair wash is provided in large shower enclosure .

Room Tip: 1013 is at rear so quieter, with cool views.well appointed rooms.adequate space.