“Good Budget Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good Budget Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Ibis Wembley is a solid hotel if you're looking to stay in and around London on a budget. The location is very good, literally right next to the rail links and Wembley Stadium. The rooms are clean and the staff were helpful on checking in. The breakfast is good, if not a bit overpriced and the free Wi-Fi is pretty quick. One gripe is that the car park isn't very big at all and there was no room when we initially checked in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ibiswembley, General Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Many thanks for your kind review about your stay in ibis London Wembley, I am glad my team made it enjoyable and we hope to see you again during your next visit in London. Kindest regards, Raman Julka.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very happy with this hotel. It was a last minute birthday surprise of a London weekend. The hotel was spotlessly clean, comfortable ,spacious bed ,nice white bed linen. The staff were eager to please and friendly. There is free WiFi but I only discovered I could not access it quite late at night and could not be bothered to sort it out so I do not know if it was a gltch or poor signal. We were in room 1030 on 13th floor and had a fantastic view of Wembley stadium and the arch and a beautiful night view of London , all sparkling lights. Our room was very quiet and not in disturbed our sleep. Breakfast was lovely on our first morning but a little dried out on the second. However I felt that if I had asked the staff they would have replaced the dreadful looking beans. Not an enormous variety but more than enough to satisfy. Its about a 15 minute walk from the tube but its an interesting walk. All things considered I would definitely recommend the ibis Wembley. Body and hair wash is provided in large shower enclosure .

Room Tip: 1013 is at rear so quieter, with cool views.well appointed rooms.adequate space.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ibiswembley, General Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

very good, clean quiet hotel
good location close to event venues
breakfast was very good value for money
reception staff very helpful and pleasant
bathroom was very clean, good water pressure
overall excellent experience

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ibiswembley, General Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments about your stay in ibis Wembley, I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable and we hope to see you during your next trip in London. Kindest regards, Raman Julka.
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Well appointed hotel with access to several underground and overgroud rail stations. Great staff with a can-do attitude. Rooms are modern and clean, the main bar is a little small but the breakfast area was more than capable of serving a full hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was pretty nice, the beds were super comfortable, mine helped me to recover from the tourism day at London.

The breakfast was awesome and delicious.

The room was super clean and in excellent conditions.

It wasn't a luxury place but seriously it was great!

The only problem is that is very far from the city center, you only have the Wembley Stadium at a side. You have a subway station close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get back to the hotel not so late cause if the subway closes you'll need to pay taxi!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My 13 year old son and I booked a city break for half term and wanted something cheap yet clean.

Arriving at the Ibis was quick and easy via the mainline from Marylebone station. The fire alarm was going off upon our arrival and we witnessed a member of staff screaming in faux panic as the hotel was evacuated.... Not really the best first impression..... (I am sure the CCTV will let you know the "joker" who so amused the rest of the staff)

When we were finally given the all clear by a man from behind the bar who beckoned the staff in with a friendly wave we were greeted by pleasant staff.

We were given a disabled adapted twin room (no one in our party had any disability) and we assumed this was the only room available.

The room was basic but very clean with comfy beds. The bathroom was something we have never experienced. It was a full wet room with disabled chair and no lock on door.

Getting a shower was very bizarre and difficult. For a start the water goes all throughout the bathroom which means that you cannot get dressed in the bathroom after taking a shower as the water soaks the whole floor area and takes several hours to dry.

This was the scenario this morning... I have a shower and my son then had to walk into the water I had showered in... Cold wet and very very slippy.

He slipped and fell force across the bathroom hurting his back. Thankfully he did not hurt his head.

I tried to report this but the phone in our room would not connect to reception.... As we were checking out at that point it was my intention to report this but the queue was long and my son did not want any fuss... (A bruised ego I think)

To the management please ensure your staff are professional in an emergency evacuation - it does not install any confidence when staff "scream" as the alarm goes off.... Also consider the safety implications of full wet rooms they are unpleasant and potentially dangerous.

I won't return to an Ibis hotel... Check my other reviews I have never left a negative review before....

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay in ibis London Wembley, I am very surprised about your comment with regards to the fire evacuation as indeed we have to do every 3 months a full evacuation of the hotel and do it in the real conditions. All the staff is taking it very seriously as we know in case of real fire we need to be prepared. Please ensure that this has been shared with the relevant department. Kind regards, Raman Julka.
Portsmouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my partner from the 15/10/13 - 16/10/13 for the England v Poland game and though it was convenient and my first ever time staying in an Ibis hotel, I can say with absolute confidence I will not be going back there. The room was basic (as we had thought, it was definitely the cheapest room close enough to Wembley stadium) and although it was large, had an awful domestic smell as soon as we opened the door. I'd like to say it was the cleaning products, but the smell was truly awful and I was thankful we were only going to be staying for one night!! The bed felt as hard as rock, not comfortable at all and the TV channels were scrambled/fuzzy so we couldn't even watch anything decent not even the news. There was no bin in the main room so if you ate anything you had to keep going to the bin in the bathroom which was tiny and could barely fit enough rubbish in. Due to the lack of surrounding areas for breakfast, we decided to also eat at the hotel (pre-booked). The entire breakfast (not continental, we settled for an English breakfast) was tasteless & cheap tasting, the bacon also had a very peculiar taste to it so both me and my partner left it. The breakfast although completely and utterly appalling was quite pricey for what you were getting - I'd have paid no more than 4.00 for it yet it was double that and then some. My advice, pay a bit extra and go somewhere else. Besides all the negative points, the staff were friendly, professional and well mannered and dealt with the large crowds at the hotel with complete ease - we hardly had to wait at all! They were excellent, all smiling and showed willingness to help. I just wished the hotel matched the standards of customer service provided but unfortunately it's not even close.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I was sorry to learn that your stay on this occasion fell short of your expectations and I apologise for any discomfort or inconvenience caused. At ibis Wembley you should always find your room to be clean and I was most surprised and disappointed to read that this was not your experience. I assure you that the shortfalls in cleanliness you have described are not at all typical. In view of your comments, expected standards have been reiterated to all housekeeping staff. Kindest regards, Raman Julka