“Good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hyderabad, India
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Conveniently located (near Wembley Central station), this is a value for money hotel. The staff is nice and cordial, the rooms are adequate (though small) and the overall service is good. There are only 2 lifts so it can take a bit of time to go up and come down.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ibiswembley, General Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your
stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Raman Julka (General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I spent one night in London and found this beautiful, clean and modern hotel. It was the cheapest around which surprised me as it was a really nice hotel. The bed was big and comfortable. Everything looked clean. The only disadvantage is that in my opinion it's not perfectly located (10 minutes walk to the tube, 30 minutes in the tube to get to central London).
Checkin and checkout were fast and uncomplicated as I already booked and paid online.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ibiswembley, General Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Hotel London - Wembley, I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Raman Julka (General Manager)
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Me & my partner stayed in this hotel for 3nights recently, we had travel from the midlands to go sight seeing, this hotel was very easy to find virtually straight of the motorway,
on arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist who gave us a wonderful 13th floor Wembley view room, Rooms were very basic but sometime basic is better :) the room was clean and comfortable with great views what more could we of asked for.
we only ate here once but i would certainly of eaten there again if we was there longer the food was standard but nice the prices were reasonable but the meal was made nice by the waitress service even tho we turned up 15mins before they stop serving the lady was more than happy to help us, was very impressed ,
The Car park isnt located on the hotel premisses but is about a 3min walk around the corner but was close and easy enough to walk to with suitcases this was a additional £10 pn but was monitored well by security we was questioned about our what we were doing with our own car,
Tube station was very easy to find was a 10min walk either way out the hotel as there is 2 i had never been to london before but manged to find the stations very easily,
even if you wanted to stay local there are plenty of pubs and food place in the 10min Radius of the hotel.

i would stay in this hotel again and i would also recommend it as i really enjoyed my stay here

Room Tip: Wembley View
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 2310 to find that an alleged 'technical issue' had meant that there was no room available (this has happened at other hotels to me previously when if you arrive later in the evening, the hotel may sell your room on to other guests even though you've paid for it!). I then had to hang around in the lobby for the next 40 mins while the staff tried to find me another hotel - firstly trying to fob me off with one miles out of London. I was not happy so eventually I had to get in a taxi for a 40 minute drive back into Central London. Finally checked into a Mercure around 0040 - not exactly a good night.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, we treat all comments with the utmost seriousness and will be
investigating the matter accordingly. Kind regards, Raman Julka (General Manager)
Steinakirchen am Forst, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and it was perfectly okay. We got a "quiet little room in the corner" (according to the staff) and it was exactly what promised: a clean room, quiet (except for our next door neighbor) and the size of the room was (surprisingly) large. The only problem we had was the poor Wifi connection. We asked the staff very (very) often because it didn't work on the first day, but they couldn't really help with the problem - and on the second day we found out that sitting on the toilet with our mobile phones or standing at the entrance of our room solved the problem.
The hotel is situated very well ... there are bus stations in front of the hotel and also the next metro stations are a 15-20 minutes walk away from the hotel.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and we'll be staying at this hotel when we come again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Hotel London - Wembley. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about poor wi-fi connection, which we are currently addressing. Kind regards, Raman Julka (General Manager)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights recently and had an okay experience. The hotel itself is about 20 minutes from Central London on the tube. This wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing, if the walk to the tube station wasn't at least a good 10 minutes away! There are two stations that you can take- Wembley Central or Wembley Park. The workers at the front desk told me that one station was 7 minutes away and the other was 9 minutes away! I don't really know what they were talking about, but I was speed walking and it definitely took me longer than this! At a regular walking pace, I'd say both of these stations are about 15 minutes away- if not more! That being said, I don't mind walking, so these distances didn't necessarily bother me... Well except for when it's 10PM at night, freezing cold and I just spent the whole day walking in Central London... then maybe the walk bothered me! But the good thing is that there are two buses that you can take from almost right outside the hotel to the tube stations. Sometime you just gotta wait 5-10 minutes for them but that is pretty standard bus waiting times in London.

Other than this, the hotel itself was pretty basic. It was very clean, which is always good. They do not have any shampoo or conditioner, but I think this is standard in the UK/Europe. The receptionist people were always very nice and friendly... except for when they tell me the tube is a 7 minute walk away. =)

The one big problem I had was the internet connect was horrible! The first night it worked fine. But then after that it was virtually impossible to use Skype as the connection was so bad. This was very inconvenient and I wish I would have known that connection was so horrible before I paid 20 pounds for unlimited internet. The internet is a bit costly, too. It's 5 pounds for an hour. 10 pounds for 10 hours or 20 pounds for unlimited.

In closing, this hotel was basic and if I had to stay here again, I would but would prefer elsewhere due to the location and bad internet connection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BecauseAfterAll
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Hotel London - Wembley. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about Internet connection which we are currenlty addressing]. Kind regards, Raman Julka (General Manager)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I booked the hotel through hotel.com, one month before my travel and got a very good deal for 3 nights. The hotel was well connected by the underground (Wembley Park and Wembley Central stations were walking distance from the hotel).
Staff was very helpful and provided us with good rooms facing the Wembley Stadium. Rooms were spacious and had all the basic amenities (kettle, tea/ coffee maker, etc).
There was no complimentary wifi in the lobby area and one had to pay to use the internet. Did not try the food there but heard that it was palatable.
Cloakroom and locker facilities were available free of cost.

Room Tip: Book well in advance to get a good deal. Choose rooms on the higher floors facing the stadium.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ibiswembley, General Manager at Ibis London Wembley, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Hotel London - Wembley. Kind regards, Raman Julka (General Manager)