“great experience.”
Review of Sanatan Temple

Sanatan Temple
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Wembley
Reviewed January 26, 2014

i go here daily on occasions and on weekdays and the atmosphere is very nice however it get packed on occasions and its stiff to move about.Overall its great to be at and the security is not a headache like other temples.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Visited in November on a Wednesday afternoon. The outside of the building was surrounded by metal barriers and one side there was a crane and building site. Work was also being carried out on the wall at the front of the building. All this did not create a good impression alas. But the building is well worth a visit. The carved exterior is impressive. A shame the main steps up to the temple are blocked by barriers. There was a small parking area to the left of the building and at the front of the temple was a small building where people could anoint a statue with milk. There are toilets in a building behind the main temple.

Once inside the side door, there was an entrance area with shoe racks to the right, a little table with some food and drink in the middle and a couple of tables with items for sale on the far right. There was a man sat by the door on duty but he appeared to be asleep - although we later presumed he had been deep in prayer. We stood and waited for a while with no response so lightly coughed and he then came to and I asked if we should take our shoes off and what I should do with my bag (I had read that bags were banned in many temples in London). He pointed to the shoe racks and grunted and said 'carry it' in response to the bag question. We went through airport type security barriers which made a loud noise, but he indicated the stairs with another grunt and we went upstairs into the main temple area. It was amazing. The only other people there were one elderly man at prayer and a man sat at a table doing something on his mobile phone. It is a huge carved area which had a pathway around the various areas taped off with arrows, which felt rather touristy and was a shame.

There were signs requesting silence and with the Hindu music and chant playing in the background there was a prayerful atmosphere. We walked around a saw the various statues of gods. The carved pillars were protected by perspex (?) sheets, which felt a bit of a shame, and there were instructions not to touch the pillars or walls. This made it feel more like a museum than a place of worship, I felt.

The background chanting was joined by someone singing/chanting their prayers - which turned out to be the gentleman on the door. We could not disturb him so never got to ask anyone for more information or talk to anyone, which was a shame. We were left feeling guilty at having disturbed him and did not feel particularly welcome, which I am sure is not the impression they would wish to give.

The temple is well worth visiting and it is interesting to see different places of worship. You are allowed to take photos of the outside of the building but, understandably, not of the inside, so I don't have any photos of that to show how fascinating it is.

3  Thank Anndante
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I felt astonished to see this awesome temple in London. This temple is a perfect example of Indian style of carvings. There was Navaratri celebrations going on when we visited the temple. Every Hindu, should visit this temple once if they are in London.

1  Thank techie_gaurav
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am neither Hindu or Indian - but I'm very proud this building is here. It is simply magnificent to view, and very interesting to visit. Well worth the time to go in, look around and if nothing else study the intricate and immaculate carvings and designs.

4  Thank Stephen_Lloyd
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We should respect every culture and ethnic what ever they belong if they are representing our society proudly . This is a Hindu Temple is built with a very creative and dedication of architectural norm and values which is outstanding structural landscape. I believe many people love this monument .

3  Thank Bijendra S