“If you like Gammon Steak...”
Review of J.J. Moons

J.J. Moons
Ranked #40 of 192 Restaurants in Wembley
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Bright, airy music-free Wetherspoon's pub with rolling selection of real ale and meal deals. Wi-Fi TV screens Cask Marque accredited
Reviewed May 27, 2014

For under eight quid you get a massive serving of Gammon Steak, 2 eggs, Chips, Peas, Tomato and Mushroom - couldn't finish it.

Kronenburg 1664 was brilliant!

1  Thank McIntyreSmith
JJ_Moons_Wembley, Manager at J.J. Moons, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2015

Hello McIntyreSmith,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is very valuable! I am glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed our gammon steak! Please visit us again next time you are in London, we will be looking forward to it!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Everything standard Weatherspoon fare but didn't enjoy being made to feel like a crook by the bouncer at ten o'clock in the morning. Had a perfectly pleasant breakfast then went to check out of hotel, returned with small backpack to say farewell to family and was chased across the bar and my bag searched. The half bottle of red wine left over from the night before was confiscated leaving me feeling like a criminal and I didn't feel like asking for it back when I left. Glad to get home to where people are afforded a bit more courtesy. Can't imagine living like that all the time.

Hello Steve H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is very important to us.
I am sorry that you were made to feel like you had done something wrong, this was not our intention.

When there is a sporting event at Wembley stadium our license does not permit us to use any glassware at all on site. I realise that the bottle of wine you had was not from us but our license does not make any distinction between glassware brought by customers or provided by us. The fact that you had a glass bottle in your bag while on our premesis would be a breach of this licensing restriction which understandably you did not know. This should have been conveyed to you more clearly and I apologise that this was not the case.

We regularly keep hold of restricted items and then return them to their owners as they are leaving.

We also routinely carry out random searches on customers to ensure that no restricted items are brought on site. We have never had any issues or trouble on event days and this is thanks largely to having a tight security. Ultimately we want to operate a friendly, welcoming, legal and safe business for our customers.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I took my dad to see Saracens vs Harlequins at the nearby Wembley stadium.
We got into London early and decided to have a late lunch with a pint or two in JJ Moon's Wetherspoons pub.
It's a nice place with great range of ales and beers along with teas and coffees too.
We had an all day breakfast which was reasonably priced at just under £5. I had a tea and my dada had a coffee which the filter coffee has unlimited refills.
The pub had a few TV's in and a large screen projector of which they put the Chelsea vs Arsenal match on. This then filled the pub up and it turned out to be a great atmosphere.
This for us was a great place to spend a few hours with a few beers and a nice bite to eat.
Worth a visit!!

1  Thank Lee B

Hello Lee B,

Thanks for the review Lee. I am glad to hear that you and your dad really enjoyed your time with us before going to see the big game.
Please visit us again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Met up with a couple of friends prior to the RL semi-finals for a late breakfast and a couple of pints before the game. We know it's Wetherspoons and all that goes with it, but I have to say the breakfast was the best quality I've ever had in a Wetherspoons (and I can be a slightly fussy eater)!
Yes there were plastic glasses which I detest, but that's no different to many other outlets near major sports grounds on a match day, and it goes with the territory I'm afraid.
It may well be a different story later in the day or in the evening, but we arrived for brunch at around 10am and it was fine - that said, another thirty minutes later and it was pandemonium in there, so get there early folks!

1  Thank Lawrence M

Hello Lawrence M,

Best Wetherspoons Breakfast, you heard it here first folks!

Thank you very much for your review I am very glad to hear that we met your needs and exceeded your expectations.
Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Visited while staying at a nearby hotel for breakfast ,food was tasty excellant value .Free wifi, was great way to start and plan for the day.

JJ_Moons_Wembley, Manager at J.J. Moons, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2015

Hello gooberslady,

Thank you very much for your glowing review! We are happy to have proven useful with regards to our free wifi! We find many people staying at hotels in the wembley area visit us for breakfast as we certainly give them a run for their money!