“Very restful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Wembley
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Very restful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We decided to use one of our reward nights and have a spur-of-the moment trip to London. Pleasantly surprised on arrival to find that the hotel had been recently refurbished. The carpet in the corridor on the 8th floor, where our room was, still had that "new" smell.

The room itself was immaculate - nice and clean and also new. Lovely bed and pillows, iron & ironing board. All the little things which make the difference, except we noticed that there was no mini-bar in the room and the choice of teas wasn't that great. In spite of that, this was a very good experience.

The staff were friendly and helpful. We had a day in Central London and got there via Wembley Park station (underground) which is only 10 minutes' walk from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve T, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Shaun M,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed your experience at the Hotel, I will pass on your comments to the relevant teams regarding the rooms

Hotel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

When I arrived there, there was an Asian tour group that had finished checking in before me for the most part. I just waited by the counter, and one of the woman that had just completed checking someone else in, never bothered to say anything to me (I felt like she just assumed I was with the Asian tour group) and went about doing some paperwork. I continued to stand there, and then she finally asked me if I needed help with something. When I said I was checking in, in proper, fluent, american english, here reaction was clearly one of realization that I wasn't with the tour group. I felt that was quite rude.

I went up to my room finally, and windows were left open, I guess to air out, but I felt the room to be kind of dusty, and just generally didn't feel clean. Instantly, just had one of those feelings where you're kind of itching on your body. I don't know how this place could be rated 4-stars. I was at the London Marriott West India Quay (also 4-stars) a few days earlier, and it is on a whole other level compared to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ken C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Ken C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for we have failed to deliver an exemplary service upon check in. Further, we regret the inconvenience you had with the room condition.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit so we can show what we have done.

Dhan M
Case Manger
IHGCare
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was impressed with the quality of the hotel given only 10,000 priority club points were required. We received a phone call the day before our stay to ensure we had an appropriate room. The hotel is bright and cheerful and the staff are very helpful. It is a little way out of the centre but we were in the centre of London in just over 30 minutes. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynnayling
Dear Lynnayling,

Thanks for your great review of the Hotel, we look forward to seeing you in the Hotel again soon!

Wigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a real find. The hotel is within 2 minutes from Wembley and is within walking distance of we mobley stadium overground station and Wembley Park and Wembley Central tubes. There are a good selection if restaurants and bars close by. The rooms are modern and luxurious with great mattresses and aircon. The staff are fantastic and if you get chance make use of the pool and gym.
My family loved this and we are going back in August to watch the Challenge Cup Final. This is a fine holiday inn and the staff are to be congratulated. Try it.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank GeoffH2001
Steve T, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear GeoffH2001,

Thanks for leaving us a great review of the Hotel! We look forward to seeing you here again soon for the Challenge Cup Final!

Somerset
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was a big mistake trying to drive to this hotel on the day of a big event (which was why we stayed here). Despite having left home very early to avoid the traffic, we somehow still got stuck in the middle of it, and had a terribly nervewracking journey to this hotel. By the time we arrived, we were completely frazzled. The hotel parking lot is awful - uneven, underground, dark and dingy. Near impossible to turn corners with a family sized car. Very tiny parking spaces in awkward positions next to pillars. And they charged us around £20 to park in this rubbish overnight, so be warned - while this hotel advertises that it has a parking lot, it does not stipulate that this will be an additional charge. For the £195 we paid for a room here, we were very disappointed with what we were given - run down, decrepit old room badly in need of refurbishment, with dirty windows that couldn't open properly. No air conditioning, instead you're provided with an old plastic fan that barely cooled the room down. The shower and bath were dirty, but at least the coffee was okay. Didn't stay for breakfast - left early as we couldn't wait to get out of there. Had a terrible night's sleep due to the curtain not covering the window properly, so I had light shining in my eyes all night and was woken by the sunrise the following morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SomersetLucy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear MandySomerset,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We work hard to ensure that our facilities and services are superior and we are sorry we fell below your expectations. Your comments about the parking lot and the room conditions have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Visited this hotel during a school visit to London and loved it. It was a very comfortable stay, i didn't want to leave bed in the morning they were so comfortable! we had a continental breakfast in the morning and the food was average. Filled you up though! The only thing is that it is pretty far from the centre of London although there is a sub station near-by so not all bad! recommend to anyone visiting London!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Slaterp1996
Steve T, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Slaterp1996,

Thanks for your review of the Hotel, Im glad that you found our beds comfy!

The overground train takes only 15 mins into the centre of London so its not as long as you think!

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Like many people, we stayed in this hotel because of its proximity to Wembley Arena, as we were going to a gig. Upon arrival the staff at reception were very welcoming. The room was clean and comfortable, and the air conditioning worked well, which was great because it was a hot weekend! When we arrived we were given a letter providing us with 10% off food in the bar because I am a rewards club member, which was good because dinner was not particularly cheap. However, you get what you pay for and I would say it was worth the money. This applies to the hotel as a whole - I wouldn't call it a bargain but I was prepared to pay because of the location, and the room and the staff made it worthwhile. If you're going to Wembley Arena or the stadium, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sam R,

Thanks for your great review, I will pass your comments onto the staff, we look forward to seeing you in the Hotel again