“Well below average Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn London - Wembley
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Wembley
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed at this Holiday Inn whilst working in London on business. Priced more reasonably than central London hotels and tube from Wembley Park is only a 10 minute walk and a 15-20 minute journey into London.

As other reviewers have said the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment so the facilities were showing their age but did the job. Breakfast wasnt great, poor quality of food and no cold drinks on offer - not a massive thing but the sort of thing you would expext at a buffet breakfast.

The main issues I experienced during my stay related to a problem with the room phone which rang intermittently ALL NIGHT. Worse still was being woken at the crack of dawn by water dripping through the ceiling (and onto the light fitting!) due to guests in the rooms above not using the shower properly. The response of the hotel staff gave me the impression that these were not 'new' problems which begs the question why do they not address them and something more than a casual apology would have been expected!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Steve T, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear WWRLFC1,

Could you please contact me directly regarding the issues you suffered whilst you were staying at the Hotel, and I will look into them for you, although unfortunately I cannot compensate for other guests misusing a shower as this could have happened anywhere!

Salesmanager@hiwembley.co.uk

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This slightly old property is relatively well maintained with average size clean rooms. The hotel reception staff are very pleasant.

Pros
swimming pool and decent gym
many amenities around; restaurants and shops
10 minutes to wembley park

Cons
old property and rooms decor

This hotel would be a very good choice for the right price (£80).

TIP: join priority club / IHG rewards online buy 10000 points for $125 (approx. £80) and use it to book your room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Khalideamin,

I am pleased you found our reception staff pleasant, I will pass this onto them, as you have mentioned in your review the rooms are tired and we are currently doing a lot of work to bring them up to date, hopefully the next time you visit us you will see the difference!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

WHY would you think it is acceptable to allow building work in the Hotel on a Sunday morning at 07:30 am. It was NOT the wake up call I wanted. I was staying in room 632 and rang down to reception to complain, then 10 minutes later the concierge was knocking on the door, to inform me there was building works on the floor above me... YES I KNOW....you did not need to come up and knock on the room to inform me. I was trying to sleep, it was a Sunday morning, I was on holiday, I only got into my hotel room at 1:00 am, so to be woken at 07:30am was not what I needed.

As for the hotel itself, all fine. Reception quick N easy and staff were great. Very Clean throughout as you would expect. Breakfast was usual holiday inn standards, plenty to choose from, hot or cold, and the chef cooked me poached eggs to order, which was great. I would have no issues staying at the hotel again, but I would ask if they are doing any works, and if so, please DO NOT put me near them or directly underneath them !

As a clubcard member, I have to say this is the first time I have had to make such a complaint about noise levels. WHY would you do refurbishment work at 07:30am on a Sunday knowing there are full paying guests trying to sleep underneath !!!! WHY ?

Room Tip: Ask if any work is being carried out, and make sure you stay far away from that section. OUCH !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear sydney2002,

Could you please contact me directly to further discuss the issues you faced at the Hotel, my e mail address is salesmanager@hiwembley.co.uk

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is next to Wembley Stadium, undergoing renovation at present, but this didnt cause any inconvenience to us during our weekend stay. Staff were very welcoming and the hotel was very clean and rooms spacious. Plenty of restaurants and bars in the local vicinity. Would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve T, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Carole0

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a fantastic review here on Tripadvisor!

Please check out our Facebook page facebook.com/hiwembley to check out our latest offers and keep up to date with everything thats going on with the Hotel!

Look forward to seeing you at the Hotel again soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

New member of HI and under refurbishment, so allow for dated decor and equipment. Room very good size and adequately equipped including make-shift heater replacing central heating. Very good underground car park - well lit, plenty of parking spaces, barrier-controlled, and reasonably priced at £10 per night for hotel guest. Right next to Wembley Stadium and Arena therefore can be busy and noisy on match or event days. Two Underground stations nearby: Wembley Park (10 minutes walk) on the other side of the stadium and Wembley Central (10 minutes walk) in town centre the opposite way from stadium, and a train station next to hotel. The No. 18 bus runs along the main road near the hotel to Euston is frequent but busy, and there is a night bus No. N18 from Trafalgar Square back for night owls. Not eaten at the hotel this time as out-early-back-late. Local restaurants and fast food places in town look popular and there are few chain fayres. Staff pleasant and helpful even at 5 a.m. Good potential and a good place for a long weekend, just speed up the refurbishment, please.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Steve T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Hyenaoffal,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel, I am pleased you found all of our staff helpful and that you recommend us for a long weekend.

We are pleased to say the refurbishment is moving along very nicely and we will be getting some of our rooms back in May, right on schedule!

We look forward to seeing you back in the Hotel soon

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times since my last review and the food has been consistently poor.

The hotel itself is fine - dated but I understand a refurbishment is going on. Rooms are a good size and the bed was comfortable.

Staff were friendly and helpful throughout and check-in/out was quick.

The disappointment was the food; roomservice provided a burger in a bun without any salad/sauce, just a dry brown mass on the plate. It seemed like very little care or thought is put into the food.

Breakfast was OK but the hot section was only part-replenished despite it being fairly quiet with other guests when I had breakfast.

I would stay here again due to the location and friendly staff but would recommend anyone wanting to eat does so before arriving at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear johnny_c-l

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel, could you please contact me to discuss the problems you encountered with the food and so that I can look into it further. My e mail address is salesmanager@hiwembley.co.uk

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here in March for the JPT final.
Check in too an age, was told that the restaurant was serving dinner until 10, but when I turned up at the restaurant at 2115, was told that they stopped serving at 9. So no restaurant dinner for me that night.
Tried to get a meal at the bar, but the lighting at the bar was so bad that I couldn't read the (limited) menu.
Room was OK, breakfast was good.
Check out was a disaster. Took over 20 minutes to clarify what was on the bill, overcharged on my credit card, then had to re-credit it. And when I left I didn't get a VAT receipt (I had to phone the next day to get it faxed over)
In short, great location, good room, but service needs improvement.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hi veeeight,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hotel, I am sorry for the problems you encountered at the Hotel, could you please contact me directly on salesmanager@hiwembley.co.uk so that I can look into your problems further.