“Good hotel experience in Wembly”

Holiday Inn London - Wembley
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Wembley
NW UK
“Good hotel experience in Wembly”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Working in London again so stayed in this hotel which is new to HI but is not a new hotel. The data n the room informed that they were undergoing a refurb over the next 24 months. My room on fifth floor was clean and tidy. Could do with a fridge though. the room looks ready for the intended refurb. Check-in was quick and efficient. business requests were dealt with and faxed docs received with no problems. The bar was typical HI but service was v good and food was also good and reasonable price. Internet was with BT so cheaper than other places. Car park under hotel was fee and convenient. They do charge for this on event days though. There is a Tesco express within 100m of the front door. There is some construction going on close by so there was some noise but not excessive and it stopped between 6pm and 8am. Its London so I expect this. I was up at 6.45am for breakfast and it was the usual HI fare. Overall it was an good experience - I will stay again when in area.

Room Tip: I was in 511 overlooking a building site.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter51964
Rukhsana H, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us at Holiday Inn London Wembley.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Our staff are delighted to read your comments.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dorset
Reviewed October 10, 2012

just stayed at the Holiday Inn for its proximity to the Arena (5 mins walk max) and having stayed here a number of times before as the Wembley Plaza. Comfortable room (521), clean throughout and nice bar area for a few drinks after the gig. The buffet breakfast was nice and all staff were very pleasant. No problems with room temperature as has been reported by others. Would stop again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spudDorset

Front of House Manager
Chesham, Bucks
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Week end with the girls, excellent friendly hotel, the spa was clean and not very busy, all staff were helpfull. Good location. The only complaint was the room was very hot and when we opened the window we could hear all the traffic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kazzawoody
Dear Guest,

The Holiday Inn London -Wembley took over the ownership recently, since then our team have been working on the improvements needed to upgrade the hotel to Holiday Inn and we have further extensive renovation plans in place that includes the windows and AC. I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I hope that you enjoyed the jazzercise weekend and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Wembley.

Iasi, Romania
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I liked everything but the location. The hotel, the room, the various beakfast, the pool
Deserves the 4 stars. But it s too far from the center
In normal conditions there are 2 bus station from the nearest tube station, but in a sunday when the tube wasn t available or it was a strike(i didn t remember) i changed 2 buses and took me 2 hours to get to the hotel from the center of London

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ssilviulucian
Dear Guest,

Thank so much for taking the time to complete this review following your recent stay with us, we very much appreciate your time.

We are 7 minutes from Marylebone station and 20 minutes from London via Overground, I am sorry that this was not communicated.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn London-Wembley and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel used to be the Wembley Plaza but now its a Holiday Inn. All they have done is changed the name on the front. The hotel is dated and in much need of redecoration, but its major issue is heating. All of the rooms have radiators so hot they burn to touch and windows that cannot be opened fully without a key. So yes if you are naturally cold blooded stay here, otherwise try one of the other hotels nearby!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Skizz1471
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. Our team have been working on the improvements needed to upgrade the hotel to Holiday Inn and we have further extensive renovation plans in place which include the AC. I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Kind regards

Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed friday night -28th Sept, as we were seeing the beach boys at the wembley areana, this used to be the Hilton but has now changed hands, we found it very clean, staff were very proffesional, bar was not expensive, £4.00 a pint and would recommend it if you were going to the areana or the stadium, easy access to get the tube or over ground trains so all in all worth the money, we paid £90-00 for the night, room was very clean abd spotless

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tony b
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Our hotel is ideally located with two tube stations a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The tube will take you into Central London in 20 minutes. I am delighted that you tried our bar that has only recently received brand new furniture and therefore a better atmosphere has been created.

I hope that you enjoyed the concert and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Wembley.

Matthew Allan
Assistant Front Office Manager
newcastle
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times, and it recently joined the Holiday Inn family. It is a little tired and in need of redecoration although this seems to be underway.
For me the location of this hotel and the staff make the difference between "average" and "very good". I must praise Rhuksana the receptionist, she was friendly, helpful and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.
The nearest Tube station is Wembley Park on the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines and it is about 10 mins away on foot (although you do get to walk round Wembley Stadium to get there, however the overland train station - Wembley Stadium - is a 2 minute walk in the other direction and regular trains run to Marylebone in about 15 mins. Overall this means central London is less than 45 mins away.
The hotel benefits from a swimming pool and gym and on site parking close to the end of the A1 and M1 and just off the North Circular.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rapidresponder
Matthew A, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Wembley, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London Wembley.

I am thrilled that you found the hotel convenient to all your needs. As we are now part of the Hoiday Inn family, the hotel is undergoing some changes as you noticed. I do hope that you come and visit the hotel again soon to experience these changes first hand.

I am equally delighted that Rukhsana was able to give you all the information you required. All of our staff are dedicated to meeeting and exceeding customer expectations and I know that the staff will be pleased to receive yor kind words.

Many Thanks for the review and I look forwrd to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Regards