“AWESOME, even if you aren't a "football" fan”
Review of Wembley Stadium

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The only tour my son wanted to take in the UK on our visit was Wembley. It was the very last tour we scheduled for our vacation. Boy did we save the BEST for last. Tour guide was awesome, remembered where people were from, and interacted with everyone even with a man on our tour that didn't speak or understand English, he was from Brazil and had others on the tour help him with the language barrier. Our tour guide had extreme knowledge of soccer and other events held at this stadium. Can not say enough good things about this attraction and the tour guide

Write a ReviewReviews (5,493)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"food and drinks"
in 85 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having been lucky enough to watch a couple of games in Wembley, once with England and once with my club team, West Ham I thought I had a decent understanding of the main history of the ground. I can say that my knowledge have greatly improved as a result of this tour!

My partner and I visited Wembley as a late gift she had booked for last Christmas, she has no interest in football whatsoever and she was intrigued at the prospect in spending 75 minutes on a tour about the home of football.

The tour is much more than simple football chat, throughout there are interesting stats and figures about the engineering side of the property and surrounding area, as well as music events stats, general history and even The Olympics (guessing this was added as a result of Wembley and the arena hosting a wide area of events last sumer for the games)

As a result of the ever reliable public transport system in and around London, we was late and missed our slot. This didnt seem to be an issue and we were simply moved to the next slot.

I have to pay a special mention our tour guide, I was scepitcal initially as she was a Spaniard and I doubted the knowledge would be that good. How wrong I was, the information she provided was about current affairs in the sports/political/music world was totally up to date and coorect as well as the historical part of the tour. She made the time fly and was funny in doing so.

I would highly recommend this for both children and adults. You dont need to be a football fan to visit.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

M 17 year-old son and I took the Wembley Stadium tour in early April as part of our week long stay in London. It was one of the highlights of our stay.

We tried to order tickets on-line, but all were showing as sold out. We took the Jubilee line out from our hotel and arrived at the ticket booth at 940 and were able to secure tickets for the 1100 tour. It appears that some tickets are held back for walk-up sales. Do not let the lack of availabilit on-line dissuade you from trying to take the tour.

We waited in a snack bar area, that had some displays to read as well as some video games for the young one to play. There were two tours running at 1030 and 1100 due to demand. Our 1100 tour actually started a few minutes early.

Paul was a our tour guide and he was a gem. We really enjoyed talking with Paul, who asked where everyone was from (Indianapolis USA for us) and what team we supported (Aston Villa). Paul would remember those questions from everyone and use them throughout his tour. He and my son carried on a few football conversations as we moved from stop to stop.

Our first stop was the Club seating area. We then toured the adjacent dining rooms for the elite seating areas before stopping in the Press Room where post match interviews are held. Everyone was given an opportunity to have pictures taken at the interview desk.

We then went to the England dressing room in Wembley. It was quite the sight, with various jerseys hanging in the lockers. We also had some time in the Training Room.

With that complete, we paired up in to two lines and began to walk down the tunnel to the pitch, with music playing. We walked up and on to the edge of the grass at midfield. We spent several minutes there with numerous picture taking opportunities.

The next stop was the Royal Box and we took the trip up through the stands that Wigan AC would take just week later to claim the FA Cup. The Stadium takes your picture with the FA Cup and you are offered the opportunity to buy the picture (10 GBP) or the picture and a digital download (15 GBP) following the conclusion of the tour.

The Royal Box was the last stop - the tour took about an hour. After buying the picture, we stopped in the Wembley gift shop (on one of the lower levels) before heading back.

My son and I have taken numerous stadium/arena tours over the past several years. The Wembley Tour is one of the best - we heartily recommend it.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was a bit sceptical at first especially with the price but I was not disappointed. The tour itself was very good and took you to parts which you can only dream about seeing in real life so that was good. The tour good was also good too but did see to rush in places. I appreciate that time is against you but maybe a little extra time would be good. I would go back again in the future.