All reviewsother guestsamish countryb and bbreakfast is servedstar roomyogurt with fresh fruitlog cabin roombeautiful quiltsprivate bathhome away from homelancaster areahave stayed at severala lovely staybottled waternew ownerslarge roomwaffles
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My friends and I have been here several times and never get tired of it. We came down on July 2nd for an overnight stay. We actually came to PA for the 150th Gettysburg anniversary, but instead of driving straight through we decided to stay a night in the Lancaster area. I'm so glad we did! We love staying here. Gordon is the nicest guy you ever want to meet. He always remembers us and welcomes us back in a very friendly matter. After welcoming you in he does ask for payment, but so would any hotel or motel. I don't see it as a big deal. We always pay by personal check as well. We stayed once again in the Plum Room, which is our favorite, and another friend of ours stayed in the Pineapple Room. Seems like Gordon did some updating since last year. New comforters and bedspreads which were just beautiful! The rooms are always immaculate and comfortable. The towels are soft and Gordon always gives us extras if we need them. He does have a few rules in the B&B which are not a big deal to us. He does like guests to keep the downstairs door to the garage closed because of the AC that is on. That is understandable. And yes breakfast is served at 8:30am and he likes everyone to eat together. We actually enjoy this because we love meeting other guests who are staying here. If you can't make it to breakfast then just tell him. Gordon is also a very clean person. He takes pride in keeping his B&B immaculate. I don't see anything wrong with that. We have had snacks in our rooms and it was never a problem as well as bottled water. He does ask that you use coasters since the furniture is new. People need to realize that this is a B&B not a motel room. Innkeepers like to keep things looking nice which is why a lot of times they don't allow children. We have stayed at several different B&Bs over the years and certain rules always apply. We don't have any issues with these rules. The place is clean and the price is right! Not to mention you get a delicious home cooked breakfast. We will continue staying at this B&B everytime we visit Lancaster. :)

Room Tip: The Plum Room is perfect for couples! Nice size bedroom and bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fiestylady
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Highly recommend if you are on a budget and/or are planning to spend the majority of your time exploring Amish Country but still want the B&B experience.

Carriage Corner is in walking distance of all the shops at Intercourse. We stayed in the Pineapple Room which was very small but clean. Our room was the only one without a bathroom ensuite, but we had a private bathroom immediately across the hall which was very clean and comfortable. Gordon would clean the bathrooms while everyone was at breakfast. We had access to the living room/common area as well as to his second refrigerator to store food purchases we made.

Breakfast was family-style at 8:30AM, and it was the best food we had all weekend! One morning Gordon made oat and blueberry pancakes with sausage and fruit, and the other he made a frittata with squash, ham, fruit, tomatoes, and cinnamon swirl toast on the side. Both meals were like feasts - there was always food left over. We had never eaten family-style at a B&B before, and we were pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had meeting the other lodgers and hearing about what they found to do in the area.

If you want something fancy or luxurious and plan on spending most of your time in your room, then you might want to look elsewhere (and be prepared to pay a lot more). That said, I think Gordon's rates are fantastic for the quality he provides his guests, and we would definitely visit again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

When I go to Bed and Breakfast the first thing I look for is friendliness and hospitality. I did not get any here. I felt I am in someones house uninvited rather then in a welcoming place. The first thing I did not like right on arriving, was that the Inn keeper ask for the money. I mean in the first 5 minutes (even he already had our credit card info). We got OK room, nothing special or cozy about it. The bathroom was clean, towels old with odd smell. You can hear everything and everybody when there are walking around. No much privacy. I did not like the fact that you have to be at breakfast at 8:30 sharp or you will feel like child late for school and be punished. Selection was very basic with no much to choose from. The owner/inn keeper was very frugal with everything. Just an odd guy in the wrong business for his personality. Overall I felt like there are way to many restrictions and not enough hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheKritk
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My 14 year old daughter and I stayed at Carriage Corner last week and had a great time. Gordon was super helpful in guiding us on what to do and where to go. He was a lovely host and made a delicious breakfast. The room and bathroom were beautiful and very clean. This was a VERY good deal. Amish country is just beautiful. We will be back and stay at Carriage Corner for sure.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This B&B is located just a 10 minute walk from the shops at the village of Intercourse. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay. Gordon is the host and lives in the home. Breakfast is served promptly at 830am each day, with a set menu and tasty food (when I was there we had waffles/fruit/sausage/bacon one day, and baked oatmeal for the second day). At 830, the guests all sit at the dining room together wherein you can exchange planning ideas for the rest of your trip. We were staying with another couple who had been coming to the area and staying at this B&B for 10 years. The house was quiet and well air conditioned, making it a pleasant experience for someone who is seeking such quiet. When we went to watch fireworks, Gordon let us use his camping chairs, a kind gesture. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean. Gordon also provided a number of great tips on sights and shops, and provided us with a helpful map which we used the entire stay. He also arranged for us to eat dinner at an Amish family's home. I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely go back to visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends