All reviewsother guestsamish countryb and bbreakfast is servedstar roomyogurt with fresh fruitlog cabin roombeautiful quiltsprivate bathhome away from homelancaster areahave stayed at severala lovely staybottled waternew ownerslarge roomwaffles
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Over the last 15 years my bride of 27 years and I have found Carriage Corner Bed & Breakfast to be our favorite of all places to get away to. We've known Gordon (the host and owner through all of these years) all of this time, and have been privileged to see all the improvements that he has implemented through-out the years with an emphasis toward providing his guests with outstanding accommodations and breakfasts that are exquisite by any chef's standard. C.C. B&B is probably the best located B&B in the area to witness & experience the Amish lifestyle firsthand, while enjoying the comforts of beautifully accented, exceptionally clean rooms, with attention given to every detail of your experience even down to the minutiae of room literature affording insights to the uniqueness of Amish life. Breakfast is held every morning at 8:30 a.m. at the Inn's dining room table which starts your day with excellent culinary fare that would be served at your typical Amish farm's breakfast table... It'll make you wish that you had grown up Amish. There is wonderful conversation time with other guests, which can oftentimes provide great ideas for your upcoming experiences of the day. Gordon also maintains a plethora of information about the local happenings and can provide expert guidance about each entertainment offering, as one who has lived in the area for 20 years and has experienced most of the attractions firsthand. One of my favorite places that has developed over the years is a wonderful memorial park that is adjacent to the C.C. B&B property, and has an excellent 3/4 mile walking path that is lined with trees and plantings that are dedicated to memory of local residents. I walked every morning on my last visit to C.C. B&B, and frequently witnessed hot air balloons silently gliding over head (a tourist accommodation that originates from nearby Bird-in Hand), and listened to the awakenings of nearby farms and the "clip-clop" of horses shoes as frequently passing Amish buggies made their outgoing journeys for the day. It was almost hard to believe that you were a mere hour's drive from the bustling city of Philadelphia to the East and 30 minutes from Lancaster to the West. I enjoyed the morning paper while resting in the beautiful gazebo that sits on the B&B's front lawn, tucked neatly among well groomed foliage that provides a private enclave from which I could silently (and unobserved) enjoy the Amish buggies and their unsuspecting, "tucked in" travelers passing by - The Amish kids would often catch site of me as they peered out of the back of the buggy, and would give a joyful wave at having spotted something unique along their path (an Englishman observer attempting to remain clandestine). The breakfast prayer (at least for me) was always a highlight to the start of the day, because it is always offered with characteristic Amish humility, and seemed to prepare me for a day removed from the bustling pace of urban life (with which I'm all too familiar), and was good mental preparation for forthcoming adventures among people who set their life's pace by different standards than that which is my daily reality. Another sweet-tone that C.C. B&B has achieved is the incredible price at which such accommodations are offered. C.C. B&B maintains incredibly favorable pricing to any area lodgings, and successfully weaves Amish life into the fabric of its patron's experiences. I recommend any of the rooms that the B&B has... They each have their individual charm(s).

Relaxed Southern Traveler

Room Tip: Each room has unique and beautiful charm - every one exceptionally clean
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank John Colleen Z
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is the third time my friend and I have stayed at Carriage Corner B&B. We absolutely love it here! Not only is this place reasonably priced, but it is immaculate. You will not find a speck of dust anywhere! Each room has its own theme and is decorated tastefully. Most of the times we stay in The Plum room, but on one occasion we did stay in the Strawberry Room. Both rooms are lovely, but we prefer the Plum Room because it is larger. In case anyone likes to know, I have actually seen all of the rooms and the Lemon Room is the larger of them all. The Pineapple being the smallest and has a bathroom right across the hall. Most of rooms are located downstairs and are very quiet. We didn't hear any traffic at all. It was wonderful! The main sitting room and dining room are upstairs as well as the Cranberry Room which is very nice as well. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, but there is a very large one in the garage which guests can use. This was very convenient for us to use since I have vitamins that need to be refrigerated. Gordon, the innkeeper, is awesome! He's friendly and has a fabulous laugh which is quite contagious! He's a fantastic host and always makes us feel welcome. His breakfasts are very good except they may not always be to your liking. For instance, one of his specialties is baked oatmeal which he served with bran muffins. I loved it but my friend does not like oatmeal or bran muffins. He did eat it but I told him next time to just be up front about what you do and do not like. Now I'm reading some negative comments on here from other past guests about payments, cancellations, and prayer at the table. Okay well first of all Gordon is VERY clear about payments and cancellations on the website. He prefers cash or check. We usually hold the room on a credit card but then pay upfront with a check. Hate to tell ya this folks but most B&Bs in the area are like that. We have stayed at a few other places in the past and they wanted upfront cash or check. So please do your homework and read the policies carefully! Now as far as the prayer at breakfast, the website states that this is a Christian B&B. Most places are in Lancaster. Your in a VERY religious area! If you are offended then don't stay here bottom line. I am a Christian and my friend is Catholic and we found the prayer very refreshing and inspirational. My friend who stayed here with us 2 years ago is Jewish and he had absolutely no problem with it. I really don't see it an issue especially for what you get at this B&B. I mean c'mon you get beautiful, clean rooms at a fabulous price, a great breakfast included, and a gracious host who makes ya laugh! Can't get any better then that in my opinion. Oh and don't forget the FREE parking right in the driveway! And did I mention its walking distance to Kitchen Kettle Village?! Yup! It's about a 10 minute walk right into the village of Intercourse. You can drive, but the parking is nuts so we prefer to take a nice walk. So, all in all this place gets 5 stars from me as always. It's a place we will continue to stay at while visiting Amish Country in the future. : )

Room Tip: The Pineapple room is the smallest room. Good for a overnight or short stay. The Lemon Room is the largest room in the B&B. Great for families because the couch pulls out into a bed : )
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fiestylady
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hi Gord Very nice but we were surprised that he wanted cash as we arrived. We used visa and thought that would be it. No one was able to be there to greet you and keys where left in mailbox, so we were kind of left on our own in place we have never been. Felt uneasy at breakfast as morning prayers were said, even though there were people that were not of that faith, so be aware that you are expected to say grace at Gords famous breakfast Mike60

Room Tip: Take the Cranberry room for $10.00 more, you get your own wash room the rest are the basement , next to the garage
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mikey602012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was my first experience with a B&B, and it was far more than I could ever imagine it to be! My room was large, and very tastefully decorated, right down to the gorgeous hand stitched Amish quilt on the bed. I felt right at home immediately. Gordon, the host & owner, is quite a culinary artist - he provided a wonderful, filling breakfast each morning. The house itself is just a few blocks from the center of Intercourse, but quiet and private. Gordon was very helpful with directions, maps, and suggestions on what to do, and where to eat. If you are looking for a place to just get away, this is it! The home is a quiet, Christian home, and I definitely will be back next year!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the "Cranberry Room", which I was told was the best room in the house!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were traveling north and stopped in at Carriage Corner B & B. This place was very comfortable, the morning breakfast was a delight. Gordon our host could not have been better. We will be back to enjoy a restful night sleep again.

Room Tip: The Lemon room has it's very own private bath. The room is large with a sleeper sofa included.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple