“Perfect as always!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Intercourse B&B and Inns
Long Island, NY
“Perfect as always!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is the third time my friend and I have stayed at Carriage Corner B&B. We absolutely love it here! Not only is this place reasonably priced, but it is immaculate. You will not find a speck of dust anywhere! Each room has its own theme and is decorated tastefully. Most of the times we stay in The Plum room, but on one occasion we did stay in the Strawberry Room. Both rooms are lovely, but we prefer the Plum Room because it is larger. In case anyone likes to know, I have actually seen all of the rooms and the Lemon Room is the larger of them all. The Pineapple being the smallest and has a bathroom right across the hall. Most of rooms are located downstairs and are very quiet. We didn't hear any traffic at all. It was wonderful! The main sitting room and dining room are upstairs as well as the Cranberry Room which is very nice as well. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, but there is a very large one in the garage which guests can use. This was very convenient for us to use since I have vitamins that need to be refrigerated. Gordon, the innkeeper, is awesome! He's friendly and has a fabulous laugh which is quite contagious! He's a fantastic host and always makes us feel welcome. His breakfasts are very good except they may not always be to your liking. For instance, one of his specialties is baked oatmeal which he served with bran muffins. I loved it but my friend does not like oatmeal or bran muffins. He did eat it but I told him next time to just be up front about what you do and do not like. Now I'm reading some negative comments on here from other past guests about payments, cancellations, and prayer at the table. Okay well first of all Gordon is VERY clear about payments and cancellations on the website. He prefers cash or check. We usually hold the room on a credit card but then pay upfront with a check. Hate to tell ya this folks but most B&Bs in the area are like that. We have stayed at a few other places in the past and they wanted upfront cash or check. So please do your homework and read the policies carefully! Now as far as the prayer at breakfast, the website states that this is a Christian B&B. Most places are in Lancaster. Your in a VERY religious area! If you are offended then don't stay here bottom line. I am a Christian and my friend is Catholic and we found the prayer very refreshing and inspirational. My friend who stayed here with us 2 years ago is Jewish and he had absolutely no problem with it. I really don't see it an issue especially for what you get at this B&B. I mean c'mon you get beautiful, clean rooms at a fabulous price, a great breakfast included, and a gracious host who makes ya laugh! Can't get any better then that in my opinion. Oh and don't forget the FREE parking right in the driveway! And did I mention its walking distance to Kitchen Kettle Village?! Yup! It's about a 10 minute walk right into the village of Intercourse. You can drive, but the parking is nuts so we prefer to take a nice walk. So, all in all this place gets 5 stars from me as always. It's a place we will continue to stay at while visiting Amish Country in the future. : )

Room Tip: The Pineapple room is the smallest room. Good for a overnight or short stay. The Lemon Room is the l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank fiestylady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hi Gord Very nice but we were surprised that he wanted cash as we arrived. We used visa and thought that would be it. No one was able to be there to greet you and keys where left in mailbox, so we were kind of left on our own in place we have never been. Felt uneasy at breakfast as morning prayers were said, even though there were people that were not of that faith, so be aware that you are expected to say grace at Gords famous breakfast Mike60

Room Tip: Take the Cranberry room for $10.00 more, you get your own wash room the rest are the basement , nex...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mikey602012
Rhinebeck, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was my first experience with a B&B, and it was far more than I could ever imagine it to be! My room was large, and very tastefully decorated, right down to the gorgeous hand stitched Amish quilt on the bed. I felt right at home immediately. Gordon, the host & owner, is quite a culinary artist - he provided a wonderful, filling breakfast each morning. The house itself is just a few blocks from the center of Intercourse, but quiet and private. Gordon was very helpful with directions, maps, and suggestions on what to do, and where to eat. If you are looking for a place to just get away, this is it! The home is a quiet, Christian home, and I definitely will be back next year!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the "Cranberry Room", which I was told was the best room in the house!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Cheryl M
Hope Mills, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were traveling north and stopped in at Carriage Corner B & B. This place was very comfortable, the morning breakfast was a delight. Gordon our host could not have been better. We will be back to enjoy a restful night sleep again.

Room Tip: The Lemon room has it's very own private bath. The room is large with a sleeper sofa included.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Abigail143
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Carriage Corner B&B is located on a quiet corner just before all the shops on the main drag. The split-level home is quaint and immaculate. The decor is very tasteful country without being kitschy. Gordon, the owner, is very warm and inviting and knowledgeable of the area. We were presented with a map where he outlined some activities based on our tastes and he highlighted which options were open on a Sunday.

We stayed in the Cranberry room, which is the only room upstairs, along with the common area and dining room. There are four additional rooms downstairs. Our room had a private bathroom which was very roomy. Gordon kindly asked us to fold back the quilt before sitting on or placing luggage on the bed and for good reason: The quilt was a hand-stitched Amish quilt which was beautifully done and quite expensive. In the room were lots of nice little touches like a black makeup towel in the restroom, extra pillows in the closet and a folder with a brief history of the area along with local restaurants, shops and activities. Downstairs are the four additional rooms, which I believe only one of them does not have an en-suite a bath. There is also an outside deck in the rear with tables and chairs, and a gazebo out front. Both are decorated with clear Christmas lights for a romantic feeling.

Different B&B's have differing styles of breakfast. Some places lay out a buffet, others serve you like a restaurant but at the Carriage Corner Gordon prefers to serve a family-style breakfast. While there may not be any choices, there was some variety. Fruit and bread is served before the main breakfast. We stayed for two days and on day one we had an egg frittata with turkey ham and on day two we had pancakes and sausage. Both days the breakfast was really, really delicious. Gordon does ask his guests about food allergies upon check-in. I am glad I read the other review who mentioned the saying of grace as it would have caught us a bit off guard had we not known otherwise. Grace is said on Sundays and though we are non-religious, we respect other people's right to religion so we just sat quietly until it was done. Quite frankly, if you are uncomfortable with overt displays of Christianity then you shouldn't be vacationing in Amish country. Breakfast is served promptly at 8:30 am which may be early for some but since everything shuts down so early in the area, we found ourselves going to bed earlier than normal anyway.

All in all, Gordon is a wonderful host and considering the location, decor, food and value I will not hesitate to stay at the Carriage Corner again.

Room Tip: The Cranberry room (#5) is the only room upstairs. The other 4 rooms are downstairs in the split lev...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Knittyqueen
Hallstead, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This B&B is easy to find, close to everything, immaculate and tastefully decorated. The host was helpful with directions and travel tips, and was accommodating to my jumbled schedule of middle of the night arrivals and departures. I stayed in the Pineapple Room with private bathroom across the hall. The home was quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I just spent 2 days here and we are already planning our next trip back. The Inn is beautiful! Gordon is a wonderful host and had great recommendations for actives and sight seeing in the area. Location is perfect also!

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Travelers Rest Motel
Travelers Rest Motel
#1 of 3 in Intercourse
The Inn & Spa at Intercourse Village

Been to Carriage Corner Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!