All reviewsother guestsamish countryb and bbreakfast is servedstar roomyogurt with fresh fruitlog cabin roombeautiful quiltsprivate bathhome away from homelancaster areahave stayed at severala lovely staybottled waternew ownerslarge roomwaffles
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were made to feel very welcome by Gordon when we arrived at this guest house. He showed us a map of the local area and made recommendations of where to visit/eat during our short stay. Our cosy room had a private bathroom across the corridor, both very clean and had nice Amish touches. There were plenty of Amish books in room to read and find out more about the local area. A good selection of tea and coffee was available in the kitchen as well as a lounge area to sit and read or meet other guests. Gordon served a very tasty breakfast at 8.30am which gave us a chance to chat to the other guests. The guest house is in a fantastic location, close to the main sights and we enjoyed a nice walks in the nearby park to walk off the 'all you can eat' dinner (also recommended by Gordon). Parking available free of charge. Gordon was the perfect host and we would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Foodspanner
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Absolutely wonderful B and B. Gordon was very accomodating and all of his breakfasts were wonderful. Room was very spacious and extremely clean and well kept. Location was absolutely perfect and convenient to all attractions. One of the best B and B's i have stayed at and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: All of the rooms I saw were beautiful and unique.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Due to a death in my family I had to cancel my reservation 5 days before my scheduled stay. The Innkeeper's policy is that you are liable for any room that cannot be rebooked within 16 days of the reservation date. The Innkeeper quickly relisted the room on his website and was able to book the room for 2 of the 3 days I had reserved it. I was however charged a reduced rate for the unfilled night. Just a word of caution.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank gaeskimo
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My hubby and I recently spent 2 nights here. It was very nice and the Pineapple room, the smallest and with a private bath directly across the hall, was a great bargain at only $72 +tax a night. The entire inn was very clean and nicely decorated. Bed was very comfortable. Two robes were hanging in the closet for the trip across the hall to our bathroom. That was a surprise and much appreciated.
The home is a split level. One enters onto the landing with a half flight of about 9 stairs up to the breakfast area and common sitting room or down to a few rooms. One or two rooms are on the upstairs level. Being on the lower level does make it easy to go directly to the parking area. Access to your car is just down the hall to the garage, through the garage, up 3 steps to the side of the house and there's your car.
Gordon was helpful regarding local restaurants and attractions. His breakfasts are good but unlike some other B&B's do not offer choices. I'm sure however, that he would meet any dietary requests.
However, I do have some complaints. Nothing serious but they bothered me. The first morning I was rather taken aback when before eating Gordon led the breakfast Grace. While he is active in his church and a past youth minister, I don't think leading saying Grace is appropriate for a B&B. Particularly when it wasn't even a non denominational grace. I'm Jewish and while I certainly acknowledge that most of the US is some form of Christian, specifically naming Jesus made me quite uncomfortable. I was braced for it the next morning but at least that one just called upon the Lord.
I also felt somewhat rushed after breakfast as several of us were sitting talking, and Gordon cleared the table as soon as we finished eating and began washing up and loading the dishwasher right behind us.
Breakfast is promptly at 8:30. Well,since it was a vacation we didn't want to get up early to shower and put on make up so we woke up in time to dress and appear on time. We planned to shower etc after breakfast So we headed downstairs right after breakfast only to find that the one set of towels that had been used the first morning had been taken away leaving only one set of towels. I informed Gordon that we needed to shower and were missing a set. I was pretty sure the website said check out was 10:30 but Gordon said it was 10:15 and that he'd thought we'd already showered. It was only 9:20 at this point! I certainly felt rushed by him. Couldn't, shouldn't, he have waited till we vacated the room to begin cleaning up after us.?! All in all, it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Am I too picky? Maybe. But, this was my experience. Would I stay there again? Maybe. The price is great. But, maybe for $10 more I'd try a different place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bonnierdh
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have just visited Lancaster county with my husband and spent two nights at the Carriage Corner B&B. We were very pleased with our choice, the place is at Intercourse the heart of Amish county Pa. Gordon the owner is very kind and helpful and gave us good suggestions. He cooked two excellent breakfast with first choice local product, he made us taste the "shoo Fly" pie too which was also very good and we had never tasted before. The place was really cleaned and comfortable. We count to return there next time we will be in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple