All reviewsother guestsamish countryb and bbreakfast is servedstar roomyogurt with fresh fruitlog cabin roombeautiful quiltsprivate bathhome away from homelancaster areahave stayed at severala lovely staybottled waternew ownerslarge roomwaffles
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My hubby and I recently spent 2 nights here. It was very nice and the Pineapple room, the smallest and with a private bath directly across the hall, was a great bargain at only $72 +tax a night. The entire inn was very clean and nicely decorated. Bed was very comfortable. Two robes were hanging in the closet for the trip across the hall to our bathroom. That was a surprise and much appreciated.
The home is a split level. One enters onto the landing with a half flight of about 9 stairs up to the breakfast area and common sitting room or down to a few rooms. One or two rooms are on the upstairs level. Being on the lower level does make it easy to go directly to the parking area. Access to your car is just down the hall to the garage, through the garage, up 3 steps to the side of the house and there's your car.
Gordon was helpful regarding local restaurants and attractions. His breakfasts are good but unlike some other B&B's do not offer choices. I'm sure however, that he would meet any dietary requests.
However, I do have some complaints. Nothing serious but they bothered me. The first morning I was rather taken aback when before eating Gordon led the breakfast Grace. While he is active in his church and a past youth minister, I don't think leading saying Grace is appropriate for a B&B. Particularly when it wasn't even a non denominational grace. I'm Jewish and while I certainly acknowledge that most of the US is some form of Christian, specifically naming Jesus made me quite uncomfortable. I was braced for it the next morning but at least that one just called upon the Lord.
I also felt somewhat rushed after breakfast as several of us were sitting talking, and Gordon cleared the table as soon as we finished eating and began washing up and loading the dishwasher right behind us.
Breakfast is promptly at 8:30. Well,since it was a vacation we didn't want to get up early to shower and put on make up so we woke up in time to dress and appear on time. We planned to shower etc after breakfast So we headed downstairs right after breakfast only to find that the one set of towels that had been used the first morning had been taken away leaving only one set of towels. I informed Gordon that we needed to shower and were missing a set. I was pretty sure the website said check out was 10:30 but Gordon said it was 10:15 and that he'd thought we'd already showered. It was only 9:20 at this point! I certainly felt rushed by him. Couldn't, shouldn't, he have waited till we vacated the room to begin cleaning up after us.?! All in all, it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Am I too picky? Maybe. But, this was my experience. Would I stay there again? Maybe. The price is great. But, maybe for $10 more I'd try a different place.

1  Thank bonnierdh
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have just visited Lancaster county with my husband and spent two nights at the Carriage Corner B&B. We were very pleased with our choice, the place is at Intercourse the heart of Amish county Pa. Gordon the owner is very kind and helpful and gave us good suggestions. He cooked two excellent breakfast with first choice local product, he made us taste the "shoo Fly" pie too which was also very good and we had never tasted before. The place was really cleaned and comfortable. We count to return there next time we will be in the area.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

My great wife and I have traveled in 48 of the USA states plus several foreign countries and we would agree that The Carriage Corner is our No. 1 choice of all of the many, many places we have stayed. We have been coming here for get-aways and special events for nearly 40 years. Many of those visits were before Gordon and Gwen were the owners. We can only say it is better than ever!
Yesterday we came up from the Washington D.C. area to celebrate Gloria Jean's 87th birthday to enjoy a "Gordon breakfast" and the special welcome feeling you have while visiting here. We shared the birthday breakfast table with four other couples (one of them from Australia) and can't tell you how enjoyable it is to share experiences with like folks you have never seen before. We highly recommend the total experience, Gordon will help you with the many places to visit in the area. Greetings from Granpa Chris and Grandma Gloria Christensen

Room Tip: They are all nice but we love the Plum Room.
1  Thank fychris
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a much needed two-day getaway at Carriage Corner. This was our first extended stay in the area, and we were delightfully impressed with our B & B accommodations. The location was excellent, and Gordon was very helpful and knowledgeable regarding the local culture and attractions. The room rates were very reasonable, and the breakfasts were phenomenal! Gordon was always available for good conversation with those who desired to chat, but was also very respectful of guests' desire for privacy and was never intrusive or overbearing. He was a wonderful host, and it was evident that he truly enjoyed helping his guests have a great experience during their time at the B & B. Oh yeah, and his laugh is contagious :).

The area was very serine and peaceful, offering a refreshing time for my wife and I to enjoy together. There was plenty to keep us busy between the shops, shows and scenery. Our trip to Sight and Sound Theatre, along with the many free delicious tastings (fudge, soup, pie, jams) in the shops at Kitchen Kettle Village were some of our favorite attractions. Our least favorite part of the trip was that we weren't able to stay longer. I highly recommend this B & B; you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: My wife and I chose the pineapple room because it was the least expensive and fit our budget best. There was plenty of space to meet our needs. The lemon room is larger and more spacious, and also offers a nice reading/study/work area if desired.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brennen S
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The room was big, nice and cozy. Gordons gave us great tips about the Amish.
The breakfast was huge and all the guest ate in a big table so we could exchange information about the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple