Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
Morrisville PA
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family and I just stayed 3 nights at this hotel. Hotel is gorgeous from the outside and just as pretty on the inside. Check in was simple. Our room was gigantic yet cozy at the same time. There was a living room completely seperate from the bedroom. Everything in the room was brand new and in great shape. We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning,we did upgrade from the free breakfast and got 30% off each morning. Spent about $20 a morning for breakfast (2 adults 2 kids) Food was good. Service is a little slow. We were able to use the indoor pool 2 times while there. You do have to walk outside to get to the pool which was the one downfall. Cold walk especially with little ones. There are little places to visit within easy walking distance. Was a great stay and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dawn W, Director of Excellence at Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I love the words you used to describe our rooms in your review, "gigantic yet cozy". What a perfect description! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts in this review. We are so happy you had a wonderful visit and trust you will make the Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn a regular place to stay during vacations! Creative design work allowed us to restore the old farm equipment store, giving us a pool that we would otherwise not have had at all. Guests love the pool and tell us the 5 second walk under the porte-cochere connecting the lobby to the pool building is more than worth it. We are glad you got to enjoy the pool during your stay and we trust you made some wonderful memories during your stay with us!

Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Blackwood, NJ
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Beautiful and all new! Was clean and the staff very friendly. We ate breakfast at the restaurant which I would recommend! The pool area was nice and the whole place from room to lobby to pool was clean.

• Stayed November 2013
I know exactly what you mean when you say you, "Can't wait to go back!". There are just some places that meet or exceed all your expectations and help create special memories that last a lifetime. We love seeing all the different groups come through out doors to enjoy a getaway - Couples looking for a quiet romantic weekend, families with young children ready to explore the area, families with teens shopping and enjoying great conversation, girlfriends on a shopping vacation, business people stopping by to catch a great nights sleep . . . We welcome them all and work hard to make sure their stay is excellent! We are glad you can't wait to come back and we hope will will see you soon! For your next stay, be sure to check out our Amish Wedding Dinner Experience on our website. You will not want to miss this unique, once in a lifetime experience!!

Fort Pierce
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel was very nice although parts of it were still under renovation. Our room was clean and quiet, nicely appointed. The swimming pool was in a detached building so we did not use it because we would have to walk outside in the chilly air to reach it. A disappointment was the free breakfast. It consisted of a choice of two items (eggs, cereal, Danish, etc) and two beverages in the hotel's restaurant. Or you may order off the restaurant's menu at a 30% discount. At other Best Westerns we have stayed, breakfast was in the now ubiquitous self-serve dining room.
The price for value of this accommodation was poor as the room was over $150 for the night we paid for. (Our second night was free owing to a BW promotion.)
In sum, a very pleasant place to stay but I believe better value can be found in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn W, Director of Excellence at Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are delighted you stayed with us and although you did not like the location of our pool building or our breakfast structure, we certainly hope you had a relaxing getaway. We are disappointed you did not get to use the pool because it is fabulous! The layout of our land did not allow for a pool in the main building, but thanks to some creative design work we were able to transform an older building, used years ago as a farm equipment store, into a gorgeous pool and future activity building. Located off of the main lobby, guests can now walk a few steps under our porte-cochere and enjoy hours of fun in the pool or whirlpool spa. We were glad you found the rooms so clean. Our housekeeping staff is committed to meeting "ultra clean" standards so that guests can thoroughly enjoy their stay. Thanks again for your review and make sure to stay with us again during your next stay to the Lancaster area.

New Jersey
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family and I absolutely loved this Best Western in Intercourse PA! The hotel is still undergoing renovations, but we were not disturbed by the construction. We were in a newly renovated room (#150) with 2 beds and a separate living room. The whole hotel has a country Amish feel to it (there were barn doors in the hallway), but in a very sleek and modern way. Everything was extremely clean (I was perfectly comfortable walking on the carpet barefoot) and everyone was very friendly and helpful (I called ahead to say we would be arriving very late and Corey at the front desk greeted me by name as soon as we arrived).

There was free coffee and tea available all day and late into the night at the front desk, and the complimentary breakfast was fresh and very good. The restaurant was crowded at breakfast, but we were seated right away both mornings.

We did not use the swimming pool (it is in a separate building right next to the lobby) but it looked beautiful and clean and many people were using it.

This hotel is in a great location, just one block from Kitchen Kettle Village and on the same road that leads to many quaint shops and Amish restaurants.

Lastly, I really thought that the rates for this hotel were extremely reasonable. I have paid triple the amount for hotel rooms while on vacation and most were not as spacious and clean as this Best Western.

When you visit Lancaster stay at this hotel! You'll love it!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 150. It was close to both the lobby and restaurant.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I must say it is always so rewarding to read a review written by a guest who truly evaluates their entire stay including the facility, decor, staff, cleanliness, food, price and amenities. You did just that and I applaud how clear and articulate you were! Thank you also for pointing out a staff member by name who made you feel welcome here at our hotel! I will pass your words on to Corey. Your review will truly help other guests understand the quality of excellence that we strive for here at the Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was disappointed by my stay here after previously staying at a nearby Best Western that was excellent, and being a rewards member having stayed at plenty of Best Westerns in the US. After being told that we could have an early 1pm check-in after our long drive, we arrived to be told our rooms would not be ready until the normal check-in time of 3pm. We returned at 3 only to be told our rooms were still not ready. Then there was thirty minutes of confusion at the desk where the room numbers were changed multiple times, then double billed (I had prepaid for a package deal), bill corrected, and back and forth with different stories about our rooms being ready/not ready. I finally got into my room with 10 minutes to spare before I had to leave for the show we had booked. My friends in the other room were given the incorrect key to their room and it took the full 10 minutes for them to get the proper help to be let into their room. (We barely made our 4:15 show.) My children and I were given an old dingy room, clean, but certainly not worth the price I paid, especially considering the same price got my friends a newly renovated room, which they said was beautiful. The breakfast options meant having to stand in line and wait for a table in their restaurant which was VERY crowded. The location is a good one though, within walking distance from Kettle Village and close to all the downtown Lancaster attractions. We were sent to the pool locker rooms to use the bathrooms while we waited for our rooms to be ready, and while we did not use the pool, it did look nice. Perhaps if the desk worker was better at her job and I was not charged the high same rate for an old dingy room, my review would have been better.

Room Tip: ask for one of the renovated rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa D
We are certainly disappointed that you were "disappointed" with your stay here at the Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn. We strive to create an exceptional experience for guests and we are sorry your stay did not meet those standards. We always want to accept responsibility where we failed and compensate a guest whenever it is appropriate. After reading your review and checking into some of the issues you listed and checking records, I believe there were some misunderstandings that I would like to clear up. I would welcome the chance to discuss your review further and invite you to contact me directly at dawnw@amishcountryinns.com.

Dover, Delaware
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I always stay at this Best Western when we make our yearly trip to Lancaster. It is close to Kettle Village stores. We love the restaurant at the motel also. Sit and watch the horse and buggies go by. The staff is always friendly. The rooms are always clean. Its close to many of the attractions in the Lancaster area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sadear
Dawn W, Director of Excellence at Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
It warms our hearts to know that so many people come to our town and stay at the Best Western Intercourse Village Inn, year after year. Since you are a yearly patron, no doubt you know that this is a family owned hotel. We are so proud that this hotel as been owned by the Thomas family for over 30 years. This wonderful family lives right here in the community and has a very personal, hands-on approach to managing the facility. This is a huge factor in setting our hotel apart from so many others. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we trust we will see you each year for many years to come!

Dawn Waltman - Director of Excellence
Ayden, North Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I paid 150.00 at 8 am the work trucks pulled up and they started working outside my window then at 10 they started nailing the walls in the next room to my right ... Scared me to death and I THOUGHT the room was mine till 11.... Next time they need to tell me check outs at 7:45 and charge accordingly!!!

• Stayed October 2013
We are so disappointed that you did not have a pleasant stay while here at the Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn. The construction work on the expansion work was completed in July and the work on renovating our originals rooms will be complete in just a couple of weeks. Fortunately, hundreds of guests have stayed with us during this time and have not had the construction work affect them in any negative way. We understand this was not the case during your stay and we do sincerely apologize. I am wondering if you let the front desk agent know that the construction noise disturbed your stay? We have and always will, compensate guests who have been disturbed, but we can't compensate guests if we don't know their situation. If you did not contact the front desk, we ask that you would please contact me directly to discuss your experience at dawnw@amishcountryinns.com. Our guests deserve the very best when they stay with us and we want to make sure you experience that level of excellence as well.

Dawn Waltman - Director of Excellence
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!