“eat with the locals”

The Olde Mill Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Intercourse
Description: Olde Mill Restaurant is committed to celebrating the history, heritage and hospitality that have been a part of the town of Intercourse in Lancaster, PA for more than 200 years. Their combination of delicious homemade food, incredibly friendly staff and fair prices have continued to bring locals and visiting guests through their doors for over 30 years. Named after a literal old mill that once served the community at the turn of the century, the Olde Mill Restaurant boasts a grand stone exterior and interior treasures like period lighting, a copper counter, gorgeous post and beam ceiling supports and narrow slotted windows that replicate the style used for ventilation in traditional barns.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

good wholesome food with a local flair the service was excellent everyone had a true smile on there face. The food was not fancy just good.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I work in Intercourse and stayed at the hotel during a snow storm. I ate lunch, dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. The serving size is huge. I enjoyed each meal. The BEST was the coffee cake at breakfast. It was the best coffee cake I ever had!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had read several reviews before our family left for our trip to the Lancaster area and we were really excited to try the Olde Mill Restaurant based on those reviews. I have to say that I was disappointed.

Service:
The server's were all super friendly and did their best to be attentive and friendly. The service was a little bit slow and one of the three days we ate breakfast there we had to keep reminding the server of things we had ordered. She was always very sweet and quickly remedied the issue. We did enjoy the server's despite these small issues.

Food:
For our family we found the food quality very much like a diner. I had read rave reviews of the coffee cake and baked oatmeal and we were so eager to try them both. We did not find them to be anything special. the coffee cake was very different from what we are used. It wasn't bad we just didn't enjoy it. If you do order it and like it then you will be pleased with the super huge helping you get.

The baked oatmeal first came with cherries baked in it which I didn't order. I don't like cherries so they happily brought it back and brought me the regular one. I just didn't love it. It was very dry. The flavor wasn't bad at all but it left me disappointed.

We ordered both the sausage and bacon and we have better of both in other areas restaurants throughout Lancaster. The sausage was a little bland and the bacon was just salty, no really good bacon flavor.

One thing that most in my family really did enjoy were the blue berry muffins.

The restaurant closes at 8 each night and were out late a few nights weren't ready to eat till about 8 so we never did get a chance to try the items off the dinner menu.

Personally I have had so much better for breakfast at other restaurants in this area that there is nothing really that causes me to want to go back. It can get very crowded with locals and well as hotel guests so obviously it appeals to some people.

I encourage anyone to give it a try and see if you enjoy it but based on our experience we most likely won't be back and would not be quick to tell a friend to stop in for breakfast.

Kyle M, Manager at The Olde Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

I appreciate your honest and in depth review of our restaurant, and I am sorry to hear that you did not like what we have to offer. As you said we do get rave reviews on our Coffee Cake and Baked Oatmeal, so I will certainly be sure to look into whether or not they were made the correct way during the time that you were here. I do know that plain baked oatmeal is typically dry which is why we serve milk with it, and the locals usually prefer it with milk.
We are always looking into ways to make our service, and food better, so you can rest assured that your comments are taken seriously, and will be used to improve what we do here at the Olde Mill Restaurant.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stopped by the Olde Mill for breakfast during a recent visit to Lancaster County. It has become a must stop for us. Breakfast for me was a huge farmers platter that came with everything you need, and also came with coffee cake! My wife's bacon and eggs came out hot and fresh as well. Everything was delicious! We will return here on our next trip to Pa.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The family stayed in the Best Western Intercourse and this restaurant is attached to the hotel. We initially intended on just eating the discounted breakfasts here. We had breakfast several times. The Sausage, Biscuits and Gravy (A personal favorite) and Creamed Chip Beef were both good, not the best but very good and worth a try. The Biscuits are not huge in size but they have a good taste and this was a surprising welcome change from my traditional mega Biscuits. Their Baked Oatmeal on the other had was Awesome! The only thing that could have been better would have been to serve it with steamed hot milk but it was delicious all the same.

We ended up doing dinner here because we were just done with the Mega Buffets and the marginal piles of food. Let me say this, the Bread Stuffed Meatloaf was Epic good. I have seen some other reviews here that shoot this place down, Personally the Meatloaf gets 5 stars all by itself. The texture, the taste the gravy, it was all fantastic.

This place does a stunning amount of business just on the local farmers and towns people, We were there for a week and saw many repeat customers, that says something right there.

Lets talk about the staff as well. We were happy to see a very attentive and friendly staff, many of whom are Amish. Fannie was an amazingly sweet waitress and having a chance to make friends with a traditional local was a real bonus to the trip.

Overall I would revisit Intercourse, PA from NYC just to have Breakfast or Dinner here again.