“dining”

The Olde Mill Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Intercourse
Description: Olde Mill Restaurant is committed to celebrating the history, heritage and hospitality that have been a part of the town of Intercourse in Lancaster, PA for more than 200 years. Their combination of delicious homemade food, incredibly friendly staff and fair prices have continued to bring locals and visiting guests through their doors for over 30 years. Named after a literal old mill that once served the community at the turn of the century, the Olde Mill Restaurant boasts a grand stone exterior and interior treasures like period lighting, a copper counter, gorgeous post and beam ceiling supports and narrow slotted windows that replicate the style used for ventilation in traditional barns.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

we dont live to far from the motel so we dont stay there after i read alot of the reviews not sure if i would.i visited the new restaurant is very nice.the problem we had was the service was very slow we waited from 730 am till 810 am for 3 simple platers.the prices where really high theres buffets in the new holland area that are a lot less.iam retired an cant pay $20 for 2 people can go to new holland an get it for lot less.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dawn W, Director of Excellence at The Olde Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are sorry you did not have a more positive experience at the Olde Mill Restaurant because that is our ultimate goal for every guest. We do apologize for your long wait while you ordered breakfast. On the day you came into the restaurant we had only been open for 3 days and we tried to communicate to guests that we were still working through glitches. This is why we offered complimentary hot drinks the first couple days. We find our prices to be very competitive especially with the specials where guests enjoy breakfast for about $5.00. Our new facilities, delicious food, friendly staff and fair prices are the reasons so many locals and out of town guests continue to patronize our restaurant. We are sorry that you do not feel the same. In the future, if you are ever disappointed with your experience, please make mention of it to the hostess and we will do everything we can to turn your frown upside down!
Warm Regards,
Dawn Waltman - Director of Excellence
Olde Mill Restaurant

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have visted this resturant several times while staying at the best western next door. The staff are friendly, helpful and happy that you are there. You can either have a free breakfast whic includes a choice of 2 items which from eggs, toast, muffins, the wonderful coffee cake , ceral etc and 2 drinks or if you choose from the menu you get 40% off for breakfast!!!! I have not made it for dinner or lunch but do plan on it during my next trip

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The food and service, in our opinion, are always good here. Locals eat here, too, so that is usually a sign of good value. We usually visit the area yearly and always go here one or more times. On the most recent trip, we went three times......for a breakfast, a lunch, and a dinner. All three meals were very good! The restaurant (and the adjoining motel...in which we have never stayed) are both scheduled to enlarge soon. I hope that doesn't change the atmosphere or the service in the restaurant, both of which we have always found to be very warm and welcoming. Note that it is not open on Sundays due to religious beliefs of those working there (as is the case with many authentic Mennonite and Amish restaurants in the area).

1  Thank PatMillsboro_DE
Reviewed October 27, 2012

A trip is not complete without a visit for breakfast and dinner. The eggs are the freshest you will ever eat! The fried chicken is delicious! While it's a small place, it's worth the wait. It is a local's place to eat also. You will see many Amish or Mennonite men and families come for a meal. The employees are all friendly and helpful. Most breakfast meals come with their homemade warm crumb cake. The piece is big enough to make a meal out of! Definitely number 1 in our book!!

1  Thank Angela D
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I visited The Intercourse Village Restaurant in 2008. And, today, while on TripAdvisor, I noticed that my review had been moved over to the motel section where others who might be looking for restaurant reviews might not see it. So, I decided to give another short review of what happened to us back in 2008.

Simply, we had *unsanitary* food handling by their cook. We saw him in the window touching the pancakes with his hands. We heard our waitress saying to him: "Why Are You Touching Those? What are you doing?" And, their cook responded, I can do what I want!! Then, she had the gall to bring those same pancakes over to our table and insist that we take them 'cause we ordered them!! "He only touched the top ones," she said to me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. And, I refused.

My husand finished his meal, I had nothing, we paid and we immediately walked next door in an attempt to speak with their manager and was told he was out for the day. So, we left our cell phone number and *never* received a return call or a response from their manager in writing.

This is simply *unsanitary* behavior. Why would any cook decide to rearrange a customer's pancakes with his hands, and the waitress who had seen it and was arguing with him then insisted that we eat them--it still makes my blood boil.

4  Thank Just-Want-To-Say