“great location,clean”

Harvest Drive Family Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Intercourse
Reviewed July 13, 2014

stayed 2 nights on july 4th weekend pleasantly surprised.unit was was very clean,staff was very pleasant and helpful,great location away from the traffic areas but not far away from all the attractions,we would definitly stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone definitly beats the high priced hershey hotels

Room Tip: stay at this inn
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peggy2525
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2014

Peggy:
Thank you for the fantastic review! Thank you for the recommendations and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Harvest Drive Family Inn

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We spent our 4th of July weekend here, and it was absolute peace for 3 days and nights. The proprietors were kind and courteous, and helped us out with many suggestions for local cuisine and other attractions. The view at the back of the hotel is simply spectacular - open farmlands and a small play area for kids. Didn't regret choosing this place for a moment. Highly recommended for the staff, and its proximity to all local attractions in Lancaster county PA.

Room Tip: Choose rooms 50 upwards - they offer the best proximity to the good views. Do not expect any food at...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Soham B

Dear Soham
Thank you for the fantastic review! We are glad you were able to experience our friendly hospitality and our unbeatable view! We look forward to seeing you on your next adventure into Amish Country.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

This clean motel is located just outside of Intercourse, PA. I had trouble finding Harvest Drive on my GPS. This is a very nice economy class motel and it is close to all of the attractions. Why pay more for lodging?

Room Tip: All of the windows face west. The rooms are handicap friendly
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Elias David B

Elias David B
Thank you for the kind review. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with lots of local flair and food with beautiful view of farmlands. Truckers there is plenty of room to park your rigs so this is the place to stay if your a trucker!! The only negative I have is room smelled of stale smoke even though it is no smoking but nothing a spritz of air freshner couldn't solve and chairs in room could use a good cleaning (room 25) or recovering. Otherwise I would have given 5 stars!! I would recommend and will stay again when on our route!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tamara G

Tamara:
Thank you for the great review. Little by little we are working to breathe new life into our quaint property. The past year saw renovations to the outside as well as the guest rooms. We realize the furnishings need updated and hope to do that soon.
We look forward to your return visits!

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

A must stop if you want a quiet life... Great views, friendly staff and clean rooms :) ... In Amish country where there are endless scenic views and beautiful sunsets... Peaceful and serene punctuated by the clip clip of those slightly out of touch Amish folk

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for the fantastic review! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to beautiful PA Dutch Country!

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and 2 boys ages 4 and 8. When we arrived they were launching a hot air balloon out in back of this place which made for some great photo ops with the surrounding beautiful farmland as a backdrop. The motel is on a quiet country road surrounded by farmland. The motel has a basic, almost 1950's feel to it, which is perfect fit for the simple wholesomeness of the area. If you have kids there is a playground with some huge swings where kids can get really high up! My kids loved it!
Our room had 3 double beds, which we didn't need, but is great if you have 3 or 4 kids and want to all stay in one room.
Our room was very clean and had a minifridge, iron, microwave and coffee maker. It had an older style tv and furnishings but again I think that added to the old fashioned charm to the place.
I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a quiet, simple place to stay and want to be away from the traffic of the main roads.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Public Relations Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you found us and had the bonus of seeing a hot air balloon launch! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife & I had reservations there for 2 nights - a Friday & Saturday - We arrived around 5:30 PM on Friday and checked in - Rate I was given at check-in was not the same as I had received from the Inn when I made reservations. - they said it was because I had made them through their e-mail, not by directly calling them - They said they couldn't do anything about it - I went out and got the e-mail from them and showed them what the rate was quoted to me on the e-mail - finally they changed their minds and gave me the same rate - After checking in, we got our keys and went to the room - as soon as I walked in, I noticed that there was a foul odor in the room - musty smelling - very strong - I went back to office and told them that the room smelled and wanted to change rooms - They said the room had just been renovated and what we smelled was the new carpet - believe me - I have smelled new carpet and it didn't smell like that. They said that they did not have any other rooms available - I questioned them about that, because there was not another vehicle in the lot besides mine - they said - oh, we have a tour group and they have gone to a show - I said you don't have any other customers who have driven a car! - they didn't respond and would not give me another room. They then asked if I wanted a refund - I said I would, but need to find another hotel first -
we went to a Best Western and got a decent rate and a nice room. I called the Harvest Inn and told them that I had found a room and wanted my refund. They said that their policy stated that a cancellation had to be made 24 hours in advance and there would be no refund. I reminded them that they had offered me a refund before I found another room - after a lot of going back and forth with the lady at the desk, she finally gave me credit for one night and said that if the room was rented that night by someone else, they would refund me for the other night. I said - yea right, I sure your going to let me know that the room was rented. She said yes I would, I am a very honest person - with that I walked out and went on the the Best Western and we had a beautiful weekend - stay away from this place!! RT & JT - April , 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Ron T
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

We apologize that you had such a negative experience. We strive to make every guest stay a pleasant one and it is unfortunate that you did not have that type of experience. The hotel was sold out over that weekend, there was a bus group in the hotel during rooms outside of this group were reserved. We find that our guests spend most of their time out exploring beautiful Lancaster County and typically don't come back to the hotel until at least dark.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Country Inn of Lancaster
Country Inn of Lancaster
#17 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Harvest Drive Family Inn? Share your experiences!