“great location, great price, view okay”

Harvest Drive Family Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Intercourse
“great location, great price, view okay”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This clean motel is located just outside of Intercourse, PA. I had trouble finding Harvest Drive on my GPS. This is a very nice economy class motel and it is close to all of the attractions. Why pay more for lodging?

Room Tip: All of the windows face west. The rooms are handicap friendly
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Elias David B
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2014
Elias David B
Thank you for the kind review. Come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Groveland, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with lots of local flair and food with beautiful view of farmlands. Truckers there is plenty of room to park your rigs so this is the place to stay if your a trucker!! The only negative I have is room smelled of stale smoke even though it is no smoking but nothing a spritz of air freshner couldn't solve and chairs in room could use a good cleaning (room 25) or recovering. Otherwise I would have given 5 stars!! I would recommend and will stay again when on our route!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tamara G
Tamara:
Thank you for the great review. Little by little we are working to breathe new life into our quaint property. The past year saw renovations to the outside as well as the guest rooms. We realize the furnishings need updated and hope to do that soon.
We look forward to your return visits!
Stoke-on-trent
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

A must stop if you want a quiet life... Great views, friendly staff and clean rooms :) ... In Amish country where there are endless scenic views and beautiful sunsets... Peaceful and serene punctuated by the clip clip of those slightly out of touch Amish folk

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the fantastic review! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to beautiful PA Dutch Country!
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and 2 boys ages 4 and 8. When we arrived they were launching a hot air balloon out in back of this place which made for some great photo ops with the surrounding beautiful farmland as a backdrop. The motel is on a quiet country road surrounded by farmland. The motel has a basic, almost 1950's feel to it, which is perfect fit for the simple wholesomeness of the area. If you have kids there is a playground with some huge swings where kids can get really high up! My kids loved it!
Our room had 3 double beds, which we didn't need, but is great if you have 3 or 4 kids and want to all stay in one room.
Our room was very clean and had a minifridge, iron, microwave and coffee maker. It had an older style tv and furnishings but again I think that added to the old fashioned charm to the place.
I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a quiet, simple place to stay and want to be away from the traffic of the main roads.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Public Relations Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you found us and had the bonus of seeing a hot air balloon launch! We hope to see you again soon!
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife & I had reservations there for 2 nights - a Friday & Saturday - We arrived around 5:30 PM on Friday and checked in - Rate I was given at check-in was not the same as I had received from the Inn when I made reservations. - they said it was because I had made them through their e-mail, not by directly calling them - They said they couldn't do anything about it - I went out and got the e-mail from them and showed them what the rate was quoted to me on the e-mail - finally they changed their minds and gave me the same rate - After checking in, we got our keys and went to the room - as soon as I walked in, I noticed that there was a foul odor in the room - musty smelling - very strong - I went back to office and told them that the room smelled and wanted to change rooms - They said the room had just been renovated and what we smelled was the new carpet - believe me - I have smelled new carpet and it didn't smell like that. They said that they did not have any other rooms available - I questioned them about that, because there was not another vehicle in the lot besides mine - they said - oh, we have a tour group and they have gone to a show - I said you don't have any other customers who have driven a car! - they didn't respond and would not give me another room. They then asked if I wanted a refund - I said I would, but need to find another hotel first -
we went to a Best Western and got a decent rate and a nice room. I called the Harvest Inn and told them that I had found a room and wanted my refund. They said that their policy stated that a cancellation had to be made 24 hours in advance and there would be no refund. I reminded them that they had offered me a refund before I found another room - after a lot of going back and forth with the lady at the desk, she finally gave me credit for one night and said that if the room was rented that night by someone else, they would refund me for the other night. I said - yea right, I sure your going to let me know that the room was rented. She said yes I would, I am a very honest person - with that I walked out and went on the the Best Western and we had a beautiful weekend - stay away from this place!! RT & JT - April , 2014

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Ron T
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
We apologize that you had such a negative experience. We strive to make every guest stay a pleasant one and it is unfortunate that you did not have that type of experience. The hotel was sold out over that weekend, there was a bus group in the hotel during rooms outside of this group were reserved. We find that our guests spend most of their time out exploring beautiful Lancaster County and typically don't come back to the hotel until at least dark.
Southold, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

You can't beat the price--the place is clean, staff friendly--but--the dog fee is high. For almost half the cost of the room--25.00 we brought the dog (she likes a vacation, too). Not sure I'd stay here again. The mattresses are definitely lower quality--my back was complaining. Yet the location is great. Meh, I might spring for an overpriced chain next time...

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 17wandalust
Thank you for the review. The dog fee is set to help us cover the costs of the additional cleaning required after a pet is in a room. There are few hotels in the area that still allow pets due to damage and other issues and that their fees are the same or higher. The pet fee is minimal and our property is perfect for dogs with all of our open lawn space. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in town.
Boonsboro, Maryland
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The location is a bit off the beaten path which is a plus. Set alongside a farm field, the view is beautiful. It sure brings back memories of the days vacationing with parents when you pulled your car right up to the front door of your motel room. Since we do overnighters to Lancaster at least 4-5 times a year, we wanted to try something a little different than the usual "chain hotels". Don't expect anything fancy here - no pool, no fitness center, no breakfast. But, if you want a place that is quaint and clean - it's here! We were lucky and got one of the renovated rooms. When booking, make sure to ask for a renovated room. Not sure how the other ones are. The front desk lady was nice and they offer coffe, tea, and hot chocolate there at the office. The price was right and the location within minutes of just about everything in Lancaster and surrounding area. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure to request one of the renovated rooms!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RoccoBear
Dear Roccobear
Thank you for the great review. We are glad you found us and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Lancaster!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
Travelers Rest Motel
Travelers Rest Motel
#1 of 3 in Intercourse

Been to Harvest Drive Family Inn? Share your experiences!