“AWESOME & AMAZING!!!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Intercourse
mississauga
“AWESOME & AMAZING!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I came looking for a motel room the first day I came to lancaster. I was in a room at another motel which was disgusting. Cheryl let me see a room and I decided to change motels right away. I cannot say enough about Cheryl, Norma and Joe. They treated me like an old friend and even called booking.com to straighten out my previous booking with the other motel. It was because of them that I had the most amazing vacation. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable and the room had everything that I needed. These three people went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible. It is out in the country but is only 5 minutes away from the main stores, attractions and such. It was very peaceful and quiet. I cannot say enough about these three people. I know of alot of motel/hotel staff that sure could learn about customer service from them. I am already making plans to return and there is no place else that I will ever book again while in Lancaster.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tailing
CocoaCountryMgmnt, General Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Brenda - THANK YOU for the fantastic review! We loved having you stay with us and we look forward to your return visits. You may want to bring a bigger car...LOL! Hope your trip home was smooth and easy! See you soon :-)

- Cheryl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here 25 years ago while on our way through from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh. I don't think much has changed or been upgraded. There seemed to be a lot of people who call the motel "home" and not as much tourist travelers as you would think. Our bathroom needed a good cleaning in the corners (not a fan of spider webs). Televisions and bedding need updating but they appeared to be cleaned. We will probably search for a different hotel if we should return to the area again.

One last thing .... we wanted to pick up some brochures for area attractions when we checked out but the person working the front desk was entertaining a bunch of women who were blocking the racks. We didn't want to disturb their little coffee party so we left without them.

1 Thank dixiebee
CocoaCountryMgmnt, General Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy during your stay with us. We admit that we still have many updates to do. Ownership changed in late 2012 and we have repainted and carpeted 50% of our rooms. We will continue our property improvement plan when the hotel slows down later in the year.
I apologize that you were unable to browse the brochure racks before departing, I am not sure who may have been in the lobby at the time.
We see a variety of tourists and also have a large number of return guests that come back year after year and have been doing so for over 30 years.
I hope that you will give us another chance to accommodate you. Please contact me directly to make that reservation and I will see that your stay is enjoyable.

Cheryl - VP Of Operations
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This motel is beautifully situated in lush farmland. Rooms are comfortable, large and well furnished. For the price this is an excellent motel to stay at. Would be very good for families and well situated for all the Amish tourist opportunities

Room Tip: Rooms facing farmland have much better views
1 Thank Rod E
CocoaCountryMgmnt, General Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for the great review! I am glad you found our motel during your visit to beautiful Lancaster County in the USA. We truly enjoy seeing guests from near and far! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Surrounded by Amish farms on all sides, this motel escapes the commercialization that has become Lancaster. However, with backroads and our GPS, we were able to get to Rt. 30 (Lincoln Hwy) and Rt. 340 (Old Phila Pike) in less than 10 minutes. Our children were delighted to see horses, cows, Amish schools and farms, and buggies every time we went out to eat or see the sights. Being just a bit away from the hustle and bustle, I think we got a better view of how the Amish live than had we stayed at the "more convenient" places on the hwy. The motel offers 3 double beds, which I've never seen at any hotel I've stayed in before. This was much better than throwing someone on a pull out couch or a cot. The staff was friendly. No pool, but a great playground for the kids to unwind before dinner. They are in the process of updating rooms and they seem to preferentially put guests in the newer rooms when possible.

Room Tip: The rooms with the 3 double beds are farther from the road however it's so quiet all around it d...
2 Thank Mommy475
CocoaCountryMgmnt, General Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review! It is beautifully quiet here on Harvest Drive. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

- Cheryl
Mystic, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Motel was off the beaten path. Beautiful view of fields. Numerous horse and buggies going by hotel all day. Friendly staff. Beds little tired. Room dated, but clean and homey. Would stay again when back in Lancaster area.

1 Thank twdoyle
CocoaCountryMgmnt, General Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are continuing to update the property and the off season will be a busy one for us! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to your return visits!

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The staff is very friendly. We loved that the hotel is away from the heavy traffic, more of what Lancaster is. The view of the Amish houses, is amazing. It is so very quiet and gives a sense of calmness. The room was clean, there were a lot of flies inside the room, but I think it is because of the rural setting and the cows close by. The price was great, we stayed from July 6-9th. Our only one problem was that the room was extremely hot, the air conditioner was not working much, but we never complained at the front office, so don't know if they would have just put us in another room or fixed it. Also did not like that fact that the showers have no safety features, my hubby had a hip replacement and a double bypass recently and had to help him in and out of the shower to make sure he didn't fall. I heard they were fixing the place up and that would be a plus. But as is, we really believe we would stay there again and recommend it very much. A plus was that while we were there, in the field behind the hotel, someone inflated and flew a hot air balloon, it was great and unexpected.

Room Tip: No swimming pool nor fitness center, that is why I rated poor on those. If you are looking for a cl...
1 Thank soryandlarry
CocoaCountryMgmnt, General Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Glad you were able to enjoy to balloon launch! Yes, unfortunately, the flies are a part of the beautiful farm land that surrounds us. We do all we can to try and keep them out of the rooms, but they follow everyone in the door.
We do have some rooms that are equipped with bars in the tub for extra safety and we have a bathtub seat and over the toilet seat available if you should need them in the future.
With the air conditioner, I have noticed that the control knobs sometimes get turned the wrong direction and instead of making the room cooler they make it warmer. The next time you stay with us be sure to have us assist with the AC settings.

Plymouth, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had such a great time staying at the Harvest Drive. The views are amazing, the staff are very friendly and the rooms were very clean! I will deff stay here again !!!!!! I didn't want to leave! Thank you for such a great time Harvest Drive! Ill be seeing you again!

Leanne:

Thank you for the excellent review! Glad you enjoyed the view and it is always great to know that our staff is doing such a great job making our guests feel at home!

Come see us again soon!

:-) Cheryl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
BEST WESTERN PLUS Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,850 reviews
Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection

Been to Harvest Drive Family Inn? Share your experiences!