“Terrible service.”

Kling House
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Intercourse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Kling House Restaurant is the home of Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse, PA. The house nurtured three generations of Klings and Burnleys before the Lancaster County farmhouse became a restaurant. The front porch, living room, dining room and office remain in tact but now we greet hungry guests for breakfast or lunch. Although coconut cream pie has become our signature dessert, the breakfast or lunch menus are full of Lancaster County recipes which feature Kitchen Kettle Village products. Cinnamon raisin French toast or baked oatmeal for breakfast. Cranberry chicken salad served open faced with Kitchen Kettle Cranberry Orange Marmalade for lunch. And the very best shoofly pie in all the land. We sometimes eat shoofly pie for breakfast! At Christmastime we offer special dinners with Mrs. Claus and Yummie the five Friday nights between Thanksgiving and December 19th. These magical nights fill up quickly, click here for all the details. When the weather cooperates, enjoy outdoor dining on the Terrace. You can watch the buggies go by and just relax in the sunshine.
Jarrettsville, Maryland
“Terrible service.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Very puzzled at the fact that we were asked to leave because someone was waiting for our table. There were other tables available in the restaurant. We had just finished our lunch. My sister had driven from nj, I had cine from md, and we met a friend there. I thought it was rude. Never had this experience in all the years of going out to eat! Will not go back.

TJ Q, Manager at Kling House, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear onecrazystitch,
I am very sorry for your experience. I would love to speak with you more in detail about what happened so we may resolve and learn from our mistakes. We value every customer that decides to dine with us and hold are service to a very high standard. It certainly appears we had a breakdown somewhere. Please give me a call at 717-768-2749 or email me at tjquinn@kitchenkkettle.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Maryland
“Quiet restaurant within Kitchen Kettle Village”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Enjoyed lunch here while strolling around Kitchen Kettle Village. I had one of the soup's of the day which was so/so, but enjoyed their chicken salad sandwich. A little different when served with a cranberry relish on top.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Don't forget dessert”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I had a great lunch. She had a chicken salad that was very good. I had some homemade soup and a pork chop that was flavorful and fork tender. Good server that kept both my water glass and coffee cup full. Best part of the meal was the homemade Shoofly Pie. Just topped off lunch.

• Visited October 2013
Toms River, New Jersey
“A strange experience....”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The reviews were good so we decided to try the Kling House for lunch during a recent visit to Kitchen Kettle Village. Here is the strange part, the restaurant was mostly empty and there were even a couple of empty tables on the porch but the Hostess decided to seat us in the middle room where we were the only people and no view of the windows. I would have preferred to sit on the porch but I make it a point to go with the flow and save things like this for my review. You could say that they seat people according to a waitress rotation but that's not acceptable to me. You need to manage the seating and seat people in the best location when possible especially when you have tables available with a view. If it was crowded it would have been fine but it wasn't. The service wasn't great either, it took a little while for someone to come over to our table and I'm not sure our waitress realized we were there. When she finally took our order she brought back the wrong drinks. However, I have to say that the food was very good and made up for some of this. My wife had the Cranberry Chicken Salad and I had the Sweet Bologna Sandwich. Both were good. Because of the food I would consider trying the Kling House again in the future and hope for a better experience.

TJ Q, Manager at Kling House, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Jimibananas,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review the Kling House. I am very sorry that you did not get the seat that you preferred. While many customers do prefer our porch; all of our rooms are special, unique, and charming. We would love to seat you on the porch next time you come in, just let us know your preference! I further read that you felt our service was not up to par. We try to provide “World Class Service” here at the Kling House. It appears we certainly fell short of this standard during your visit. I have shared your review with my service team and talked about ways to avoid the same experience from occurring in the future. I am very glad you enjoyed your food, and am happy to see you will give us another shot. Again, thanks for taking your time to review our restaurant we certainly appreciate all feedback good and bad. Please feel free to contact me at 717-768-2749 or email me at tjquinn@kitchenkettle.com.
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Great food. Best breakfast in Lancaster.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Their baked oatmeal is the best. And their French toast is great. Best coffee from a local Lancaster county roaster. If you stay their bed and breakfast at the village you get a free breakfast and coffee. Definitely worth a stop. They are closed on sundays so plan your trip accordingly.

• Visited October 2013