“What a great tour”
Review of AAA Buggy Rides

AAA Buggy Rides
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Intercourse
More attraction details
Owner description: An amazing Horse and Buggy Ride through Amish Country and a real covered bridge on a back country road. You can also get out of the buggy and tour a private working Amish farm to experience Authentic Amish life first hand.
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had to decide on one of a number of buggy rides, but decided on AAA Buggy Rides - because of the Covered Bridge tour. When we got there we were told the Covered Bridge was closed so we could not go over it so we decide on the farm tour. Having spent the night at a modern farm the girls felt this would be a great way to compare the two cultures. Two of the girls were asked if they wanted to sit up front and of course they did, and there was a third girl who also wanted to sit up front and they made room for her. Our guide, an Amish girl was wonderful. She answered any questions the girls had about the life style and her feelings about being Amish. When asked about if she got a horse and buggy at 16 like the boys, she was clearly disappointed that girls did not get them at 16 but got dishes instead. She did tell us that she does not have 2 horses and a buggy. She talked about getting a job and working to support her family. She told the girls that her life is not much different then theirs except she only had to go to school till 8th grade. She told them how she has to help with chores but does them quick so she could help outside. Very friendly and fun. Very glad we took this tour. It was a great experience. And the Lemonade at the Farm was wonderful.

2  Thank Jead619
There are newer reviews for AAA Buggy Rides

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Myself, my mother and my aunt chose AAA buggy rides out of the Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse. We were looking for an authentic experience so I did some research. My husband and I had gone to Abe and Jessica's in the past and the guide kept getting on his cell phone which completely ruined the experience so we avoided them this time around.

AAA was a much better experience. Our driver was a younger woman who was very pleasant. We took the 1 hour tour over the Covered Bridge and found it quite enjoyable. We drove past the driver's farm and also stopped at an Amish roadside home where a young boy and girl were selling lemonade and baked goods. The kids were so polite and very sweet, yet very eager to please. The lemonade was REALLY good, especially if you have a sweet tooth. The baked goods were also quite yummy and very inexpensive. We gave the kids a little bit of extra money and let them keep the change. They really were genuinely thrilled and it felt really good to see such appreciation of a small gesture. When we come back next year we plan on taking this ride again except we will try the one where we get out and explore a local farm.

1  Thank mricciomack
Reviewed April 30, 2012

AAA Buggy rides I feel is the best buggy ride in Lancaster Country. They always have a few different rides to choose from and they are reasonably priced. The best one is an hour long, goes through a covered bridge and old stone barns. The driver are ALWAYS friendly. The best one is Ben, a talkative Amish man who gives his passangers lots of intresting information and some laughs. Thanks for a great ride Ben!

My only complaint is that these aren't exactly "buggy rides." Do not expect to ride in a typical closed in gray buggy. These are long carriages/wagons in which AAA Buggy Rides likes to cram in as many people as possible, and pack them like sardines. Its quite uncomfortable but you soon forget about this a few minutes into the ride.

1  Thank Lancaster27
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We took the buggy ride on a whim as we were getting ready to leave Kitchen Kettle Village. We had a great tour, the young woman who was our driver/ guide was friendly, knowledgeable and very informative. She provided great information about the area, people and the culture.

1  Thank FrankandJenn
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This buggy ride is normally a great experience. I have taken my family for many years on this ride and have continued to come back. It makes me sad to even think about giving up this yearly tradition with this particular buggy ride company but I do need to protect my family when necessary. As we started down the first road the tour guide could barely speak. He coughed all over everyone. I stated to my family, "The tour guide needed a serious sick day." Two children were sitting up front and they are the ones who became sick first out of the 12 of us that went on the tour. We have all been sick now for days and are sure it came from the tour guide. He really needed to take a sick day. My child becomes even more ill with another condition once she has a fever, so it is imperative she not be so vulnerable to someone who is ill. We were now stuck in the buggy with no way out. Please check out the tour guide out before going and being stuck in this situation. Otherwise a great trip.

2  Thank Tracy J