“Wonderful local gem”
Review of Le Salon Prive

Le Salon Prive
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Salon Prive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 207 Restaurants in Twickenham
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Set in a converted Victorian butchers shop, Le Salon Prive brings classic French cuisine to the leafy London suburb of St Margarets, Twickenham. A homely dining room swirled with relaxed Parisian style features intricate stained glass windows, wicker brasserie furnishings and rustic brickwork, while the seasonally changing menu offers French staples alongside elegant fine dining dishes.
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful local gem”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Britain Is a great French restaurant which ticks all the boxes: very good food,friendly professional service and a lovely light room with stained glass In the windows. All good value too.

• Visited March 2014

Twickenham
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Brula is a lovely restaurant located in the heart of St Margaret's between Twickenham town centre and Richmond bridge. The food is consistently of high quality and the menu well selected offering a wide and good choice. The service is always top notch, and the atmosphere is charming with good space between the linen covered tables.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Wine, Great Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

After a second visit in the last couple of months to this restaurant, I felt it imperative that I share my most pleasurable dining experiences at Brula. Both times I was very impressed with the quality of the food as well as the service, provided by Herve. I enjoyed great wine and 3 courses upon both visits and am certain, after trying many of the items on the menu, that no matter what you order, you will be more than pleased with your choice! Would definitely recommend dining here.

• Visited March 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Massive disappointment”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I haven't been here in about four years, as I moved out of the area for three, and favoured their sister restaurant La Buvette in Richmond for evenings out. However, previously I was a frequent visitor. But what a massive disappointment, and how much they have disimproved. I cannot understand the ratings they have received. Ok..so here are the lowlights:
1. Firstly, the first three wines they had (the less expensive) on their wine list were mysteriously not available. How convenient for them.
2. The starters - awful. Mine was more like a breakfast snack, and my partners, was a crab tart, which was clearly tinned crab (we know the difference!)
3. The mains - findus cod slabs, with two chunks of choizo and some bland rissotto, a child's portion no less for £17. It said it came with artichoke, but I can assure you we found none, and had to check the menu again to see if we'd been seeing things! Sure enough..it was there, but not on our plates.
4. Still starving from eating two baskets of bread, untasty starters, and child portions for dinner, we had no option but to order desert. We asked about the cheese boards, and the poor young girl (server - not waiter - as he didn't come to see us or check on our table all night, apart from take our order) didn't know what they were. So eventually came back with a rough description. So what came out were four cheese "waifers" (they were that small!) and mine...oh I can still taste it in my mouth! Baby apple puree (a slither!) topped with burnt crumbs accompanied by creme anglais and ice-cream - when I eventually checked the menu to note, yes it was suppose to come with it, but again, they forgot to bring it. Hmmm.. explains the missing artichoke!

Further lowlights:
1. Had to wait ages for our starters
2. Were not checked on once, not asked did we enjoy our meal, whether we could be brought anything else - zero!
3. Seats are hard - you either get a church bench, or a seat that is so high you cannot cross your legs under the table.

The meal came to £120 - as you have to actually pay for the lack of service too! (12.5% no less!) That's with one bottle of wine and two kir royals.

Seriously folks, if you want a nice meal, there are far better places than here. I'm so disappointed to go back after so many years and find this place to have dropped its standards by so much. We were not the only ones who felt the same, as the people on the table beside us were joking about wishing they had been given more potatoes..(So they could have felt a bit more full!). We will not be coming here again.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Yvlaw11
Kirsty B, Manager at Le Salon Prive, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
As the Restaurant Manager I was sincerely sorry to hear about your recent experience at Brula and I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
As you highlighted yourself we set our standards very high and on this occasion those standards do not seem to have been met.
I would very much like to get to the root of the problem you experienced as outlined in your report by asking you to contact me personally, in the hope that we can have the opportunity to redeem ourselves and win back your valued custom.
Please email me directly herve@brula.co.uk
Thank you once again.
Fleet, United Kingdom
“A lovely French gourmet experience”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

A lovely meal, fabulous service from the highly attentive manager Hervé and beautiful surroundings, would highly recommend.

Visited March 2014