“A favorite in the Quartier”
Review of Le Salon Prive

Le Salon Prive
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Salon Prive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 212 Restaurants in Twickenham
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Set in a converted Victorian butchers shop, Le Salon Prive brings classic French cuisine to the leafy London suburb of St Margarets, Twickenham. A homely dining room swirled with relaxed Parisian style features intricate stained glass windows, wicker brasserie furnishings and rustic brickwork, while the seasonally changing menu offers French staples alongside elegant fine dining dishes.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was looking forward to trying Brula, and it was worth the wait. The lamb main course was beyond superb. Try the Lamb cooked 3 ways: it was a surprise as the menu didn't quite detail lamb would be in each aspect of the dish, and the jus properly accented the whole dish. The wine list is proper French, perhaps if anything, the staff could include one member educated on the offerings to entice guests a bit more to experience and explore the list. Dessert keep going with the French theme and try the creme brûlée, it won't disappoint, being perfectly burnt on top. We skipped appetizers on this meal, but I must say, I did see the Beets pass by and made me think of what I would order on our next visit...

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Decent place, nice for a night out with friends if you are hopping around...decent menu and drinks...pricey

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Good: young waitresses were very nice, smily and informative. Easy to find. Decor nicely done and cosy feeling

Bad: the food was not great, with some strange combinations, and my pork belly was way salty. Personally I'd like to have a bit more French classics on the menu, or just better quality if mixing. Overprice (inc. house wine) so.... very dissapointed!

Kirsty B, Manager at Le Salon Prive, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you find the staff informative as we work hard with the staff to ensure they have a good knowledge of the wine and menus. I am sorry that you feel we are overpriced as again we work hard to make sure the wines and food are reasonable value having steak frites at £15 and the set menu available all day everyday (Lunch 2 course £15 and dinner 3 course £25). I have personally spoken to the chef and asked them to look into the seasoning of the dish to make sure that it doesn't come across as too salty in the future. Again thank you for the feedback and I hope we see you again.
Many thanks

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We used to visit Brula regularly and it was one of my very favourite neighbourhood restaurants for food and delightful 'rive-gauche' atmosphere. On a recent visit, I thought that previously high standards had gone downhill. And, now, there's a lot more choice around.

1  Thank JohnEdLondon
Kirsty B, Manager at Le Salon Prive, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your review and the previous two which highlight your enjoyable experiences at Brula. We would really like to hear how our standards have slipped so we can work hard to rectify them. We pride ourselves on our consistency, hard work, resolving issues and retaining all our customers, loyal and new. Please let us know by emailing directly so we can personally address the issues you had on this particular evening.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Service was excellent, top notch.

Two steaks, two desserts, a bottle of beer and a glass of wine came to £86. This included the 12.5% service charge they add on without your agreement. The portion sizes were small. The food was nice but not amazing. Overall, very over priced for what you get.

Would not recommend.

1  Thank TAR999

Thank you for your very kind comments on the service at Brula, it is an area we work very hard at, as well as value for money.
Please note we have available also every evening a 3 course set menu at only £25 and at lunch a 2 course set menu at £15. We also still have a wonderful Onglet steak frites at £15. Please let us know, by emailing directly if we mischarged you so we can check the bill.