“Nice Expresso lunch”
Review of Zizzi - Twickenham

Zizzi - Twickenham
Ranked #104 of 206 Restaurants in Twickenham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Only a 10 minute walk from the famous Twickenham Rugby Stadium and inspired by the stadium itself, our Zizzi is the perfect place to stop off for some post-game refuelling. We can’t quite fit 82,000 people like the stadium but we do take bookings!Inside you’ll find a nod to the Twickenham rugby pitch with our full height grass wall. Difficult to walk on but lovely to look at.
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Expresso lunch”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I only had an hour to eat and go. I walked in soon after 12 it was quiet but was told I could sit anywhere. I chose a table for two at the end of a long bench section. As I sat down I ordered a bottle of water and the waiter left me with the menu and I quickly scanned it, it helped that I knew roughly what I wanted. I ordered some olives to eat whilst I waited and my meal arrived quickly. I had ordered a pasta dish with spicy chicken and a creamy sauce. The chicken was moist and the pasta was well cooked. It was lovely and I cleared my plate with great gusto. The service was attentive but not over bearing and I received the sort of meal that I required. I paid for my meal and left feeling satisfied.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Daniel P

• Polish first
Twickenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you love long waits and no food you'll love this restaurant”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Me and my partner visited on valentines for a meal, sat down at 8.30 ordered our food and we're sat there for a further hour still without food, after asking a waiter how long our food would be they went off and never returned so I asked another waiter how are food was doing and it turned out they hadn't even started cooking it!!!! Couple next to us had sat down for 5 mins and we're tucking in to their food. The waiter who took our order was very rude and didn't seen to have a clue what he was doing. No nice gesture in offering us a discount to come back of anything not even a goodbye. Ruined out Valentines.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Matt K
“Perfecto Italiano”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Food perfect. Staff are cool. Chefs a legend. The lasagne al forno was beautiful. Also they have fresh orange juice which is brilliant

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Rickyjones1980
London, United Kingdom
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular to this zizzis and I keep returning due to the friendly staff and
excellent food. Keep up the good work

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank _lucy_twickenham
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Family favourite”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Let's be honest: Zizzi's food won't blow you away. There's a decent choice, seasonally updated, and it's always consistent. But it's the staff at this particular Zizzi that make the family dining experience so good. Artur, unassuming, unobtrusive but meticulously attentive Polish waiter, just gets what a hassle it can be to dine with kids and manages to keep the wait times for orders, drinks, food, more drinks, the bill to a child-friendly minimum (for our kids = 2-3 mins). And happy kids transform a functional outing into a real pleasure. For local whole-family dining Zizzi gets our vote.

• Visited June 2013