“Top notch local italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of A Cena

A Cena
Ranked #16 of 205 Restaurants in Twickenham
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Richmond Station or St Margarets Station
Description: A Cena restaurant is located just over the Richmond Bridge in East Twickenham. A fantastic local italian restaurant set in a warm, friendly, elegant but relaxed atmosphere with a menu that constantly changes to suit the changing seasons and ensuring only the freshest and best ingredients go into our dishes. The wine list is superb ranging from small, modest Italian Vineyards to some of the great names and vintages. A Cena means "at dinner" and is pronounced "Ah Chenna"
“Top notch local italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in Richmond
Very good meal interesting wine list
Attentive service although dishes a little slow coming from the kitchen on a busy Wednesday

1 Thank Caspermainecoon

London
“Fabulous food...shame about the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went on the repeated protestations of the wonderful Gregg Wallace of just how good this place was. And since I live so close, thought I'd give it a go with a business acquaintance for lunch.

The location is easily accessible, & the restaurant is beautifully understated in it's simple decor. But dear or dear, our waiter was nothing short of rude. He made us feel we were taking up his valuable time by imposing on his busy day...there was only one other table taken when we arrived, and it was a VERY quiet lunchtime.

I wholly agree with Mr Wallace - the food is very good - but not convinced it's better than Bacco in Richmond. But just for the disappointing service, I would not return. Since I was not paying, I had no control over the service charge, but you can rest assured I would not have paid any.

Such a shame as we went with such expectations, and despite the delightful food, I would take some serious convincing to return if all their waiting staff are as surly.

And funnily enough, I spoke to two restaurateurs who know the proprietor of A Cena, and both immediately knew which waiter I was speaking of. Obviously an ongoing problem which frankly should be eliminated.

• Visited September 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Food good, pricey for lunch and stop those delieveries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

I eat at A Cena regulalry at lunch on business. The food is very good, as is the service but......if they want to be busier, offer a set menu at a reasonable price and stop delievries between 12:30 and 3:00pm. It's really annoying and we notice.

1 Thank samuel04
London, United Kingdom
“Incredibly surly manager!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I had to write this review this evening straight after our meal at A Cena.
My husband and I were horrified at the service and the way we were treated. My husband asked for a Jack Daniels and coke.........In a normal restaurant we would get the Jack Daniels in a glass with ice and the coke on the side. In this restaurant we had no choice it arrived with a full bottle of coke already mixed and a straw!!!My husbands starter was aubergine with Grissini sticks. He had to leave the Grissinii sticks as they were stale and after complaining the manager insisted that Grissini sticks were supposed to be soft!! We eat out at least two or three times a week and felt this restaurant had an incredibly rude and arrogant manager who asked us what he should do about a stale grissini stick. If it was the "River cafe" they would have apologised humbly and taken it off the bill(However this would not have happned at the River Cafe). Very disappointed as the manager let the restaurant diem. As locals we will not be going back ever.We dis ask for the owners name so we could write and explain what had happened but he refused to give us any information.

3 Thank kirei1_12
Chertsey, United Kingdom
“Classy Italian cooking.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have lunched at A Cena several times and found it a very enjoyable experience.
This Italian restaurant is some way from the High Street Italian norm.
The cooking is clever and creative.
Today I started with the most delicious courgette fritters , as light as a whisper, with lemon mayonnaise..quite delicious. I then had light but savoury and delicious pork meatballs in a delightful broth.
Service is good and correct. A fine place indeed.