“Does what it says on package”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mac's Diner and Grill - CLOSED

Mac's Diner and Grill
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Award winning American diner in the heart of Twickenham, handmade burgers made from top quality Hereford beef, locally sourced by our high street butcher Robson's, burgers and fries made fresh every day. Superb char-grilled steaks, mac'n'cheese and Oreo milkshakes made with real ice-cream. A great venue for families and parties.
London, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on package”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Went to Mac's before the match at Twickenham & my hubby & I both had the spareribs. They fell off the bone! Prices were reasonable & good size portions. The diner ambience was just as you'd expect it to be. The toilets were clean & fresh - I rate establishments by the state of their loos & they passed with flying colours.

Macs-Diner, Owner at Mac's Diner and Grill, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we do appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

“What's the beef?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

First review on trip advisor. Just like to say I was more than impressed after most of the negative reviews from people on this site. On account of it being a bank holiday the place was closing at 8pm what we were unaware of but it didn't matter as the restaurant stayed open just for me and my friend. The food was fresh and piping hot as it should be and the service was brilliant! I'm very confused at people's unfortunate visits here but after the experience we had we're planning to go back ASAP. Avoid Urban Diner and come here, cheaper, better quality and massive portions. Highly recommend the wings! Don't avoid this place because of reviews...

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us some positive feedback. We take on board all the feedback we get and it helps us improve but it is always nice to hear that we are getting things right too!
London, United Kingdom
“I didn't know whether to laugh or Scream for help!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Was looking forward to my lunch there today. Ordered and went upstairs to the restaurant. The kitchen and restaurant were completely empty and I quickly realised that the girl who greeted me on the way in was the only staff. 'Ermmmm, this is a bit wierd' I thought.

After watching her dash about up and down the stairs for a few minutes I realised that she was in fact cooking my lunch downstairs using the Microwave and George Forman Grill I spotted. Yes.... you read that correctly... a waitress was warming up my lunch.

Then, she sets the fire alarm off and I go downstairs and wait while she franctically phones someone to come and fix it. A man arrives quickly, wofting his way through the smokey reception and... 'PING'.... my lunch is ready! Mmmmmmm!!

If they illegally let waitresses cook your food for you using tin pot household equipment God knows what other darker secrets await you in this place.

Genuinely Dangerous and you must avoid this 'Restaurant'.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Leo S
Macs-Diner, Owner at Mac's Diner and Grill, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to feedback on your experience and I can only apologize for the impression that you got. On the day of your visit we were clearing the lobby of equipment that had been used to cater for some of the 113,000 rugby7's visitors who require take-away fast food, which we prepare under hygienic standards and by qualified kitchen staff. As the rugby special menus were still displayed your server did prepare a take-away burger for you and went upstairs for the extra beef chilli and cheese that you requested on your burger. I understand that you were not completely satisfied with the service, the server acceded to your request for a discount, and the chilli cheese burger was reduced from £4.50 to £3.00. Our kitchen and the first floor restaurant is now open for normal service and the lobby is available for drinks and snacks. The fire alarm is connected to a number of linked establishments and work at one of these premises caused the alarm to sound.
London
“Typical American style”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Visited with Groupon deals. It is a nicely decorated place with enthusiastic staff. However, let down by typical fast food type of menu. Ribs were splashed all over with sauce but could not taste any flavour on the meat. Chicken wings were salty and fried to death, they were so dry and the french fries had skin on, perhaps this is their style...Not much to praise about burgers either, rather plain.
But the staff more than make up for the food quality, all seemed friendly chatty and smile their way to service.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Poor quality food and very overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I went for dinner here and we had the following issues:

1. It is an American place, my partner loves America beer. The selection was poor and the waiter had NO knowledge
2. The food was really poor. Small portions, poor quality, tough ribs
3. It was very expensive full price....if you can get offers give it a go
4. Side orders were not great and were expensive for what you got

Twickenham need variety so we were really excited however, we will not be returning

• Visited April 2014