“Quite simply the best ever pizza, bar none!”
Review of Ruben's Bakehouse

Ruben's Bakehouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Twickenham
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Alongside our Bakery we now have our Refettorio ( Italian for Refectory a dining room). Latin: Refectorium which means a place one goes to be restored! It offers a relaxed environment with a shared seating arrangement which encourages conversation and a sense of community. The idea of which comes from Italian food and wine festivals. Our interior is rustic/industrial. Our menu is best described as simple: 5 pizzas and 1 speciality, approved by Slow Food London Association, long fermentation sourdough bases and delicious quality fresh ingredients all made with organic flours.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

While visiting the uk on a business trip I happened to be in Twickenham one Thursday evening and decided to give this small but inviting pizzeria a go. I've eaten pizza all over Italy and in some very famous pizzerias such as the pizzeria da Michele in Naples. I have to be honest that I would never have expected to find a pizza equal to them all and in some cases better, in twickenham! I ordered a rock and roll which was served quickly and in a friendly and relaxed manner that makes you want to go back, indeed as I write this I wish I was there now! One thing that makes this place stand out and makes me quite jealous of the people in twickenham is that not only do they have a top top pizzeria in Rubens bake house but also a wonderful bakery turning high quality bread that generally you cannot find in today's mass produced world. I really enjoyed my meal and would fully recommend it to anyone especially to Italians looking for a real Italian pizza in London!

RubensBakehouse, Owner at Ruben's Bakehouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for your review. We love to hear from our customers and to know that you have enjoyed your Ruben's experience. See you again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

A very limited choice of pizzas. Sitting at a table with others much like school dining. Cannot for the life of me think why it is so busy! The bread is good but expensive and must be eaten the same day.

2  Thank Rebecca12013
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Casual cosy atmosphere. BYOB. Definitely worth a visit. Great value. Perfect place for a group to meet up

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This rustic bakery rustles up some of the best and most authentic Italian pizza you'll ever have. The bread is freshly cooked and delicious with mouth watering toppings such as salami and fennel. It surpasses any high street pizzeria. It has a BYOB policy too.

1  Thank SouthWestBest
RubensBakehouse, Owner at Ruben's Bakehouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

A kind word is like a spring day.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We visited Ruben's last night for our regular girl's supper. The atmosphere and venue itself is really lovely, very relaxed and intimate. However the food was generally disappointing. We ordered a capricciosa and a diavola, they were both really soggy, wet and the slices just disintegrated. The only part that was crispy was the crust which was burnt in places. Overall the pizza was cold and not that tasty. We also ordered 2 mixed seasonal veg, very tasty but tiny portions. No idea if the portion size was normal but when we asked for one more we were told they had run out, perhaps the 2 portions would have been better as one. If told we would have ordered something else. The chocolate cake was really dry. The food isn't cheap at £10 for a pizza but would gladly pay if they were fab tasting. Ruben's is BYO so at least we had a great wine to enjoy. Would like to try Ruben's again because it has potential but not likely to in the near future.

1  Thank Maddieraz