“It's not really a pub ... but it is good!”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #3 of 216 Restaurants in Twickenham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

As a new comer to the area i have been pleasantly surpsired by the contrasting pubs in the area.
The Alexsander provides a cosy atmosphere for a glass of wine and a pizza.
St Margarets Tavern is great for a night out with friends, good music and good food.
And The Crown? Well, it's not really a pub is it? But it is very good. I wasn't as blown away by it as the gushing reviewers below, but both the food and service were better than most. A bit more of a special occassion venue for me.
Now what does Twickenham have to offer?

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Had Sunday lunch here with friends (plus baby). The place filled up quite quickly so would advise booking well in advance. Menu selections were good, atmosphere was very nice, they've spent a lot of money refurbishing this site over and over and now appear to have finally got it right!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This pub has become my new local favourite pub. Weekends are always busy, so book ahead. The Sunday roast is particularly good, tastes beautifully home-made rather than mass produced.

The back dining area makes a nice contrast to the hub-bub of the pub, but both beautifully furbished.

I've taken several groups of friends here and they are unanimous in their approval!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Visited The Crown again after too long a gap. I don't know what it about this pub/restaurant, but both parts (the pub and the restaurant) were full to capacity, both when we arrived and when we left. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by Annie with a smile and a wave (albeit that we haven't been there for too long) and whilst taking a drink at the bar whilst waiting for our table to be prepared, she whizzed up for a chat as if we were there only last evening. They serve a great selection of beers and lagers - some from local small breweries and the always smiling staff seem very knowledgeable about what they are serving and there are at least a dozen different white wines in a half-barrel on the bar. When you get into the restaurant part, there is the standard menu, with three or four "specials" every day. Everything we have tried has been top-notch. I can't recommend anything in particular because it has all been good. We are very lucky to have such a great venue so close to home,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

After raving about The Three Horse Shoes Sunday lunch in Laleham (sister restaurant) I took three friends to The Crown for Sunday lunch 23rd Feb. The staff are lovely but the food absolutely average. Apart from being luke warm, small portions and boring selection of vegetables, just could not compare to the gorgeous Sunday lunches at The Three Horse shoes. I am so surprised at the low standard after eating there of an evening and having a wonderful meal. I am not quite sure what the problem is, but my guess would be a change of chef since I ate there last.