Recently stayed here as I had a contract renovating flats in Twickenham, this was our 3rd visit to the area but first time we'd stayed at the Alexander and all I can say is that it served our purposes very well in deed, it worked out cheaper and of a higher quality than the other hotels we had stayed in the area and I would highly recommend it, with particular mention of the high quality of service which just added to the whole experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few minutes walk from Twickenham High Street,The Alexander Pope is a modern,fully air-conditioned hotel with a traditional pub,overlooking the River Thames. The Hotel is close to Kingston,Wimbledon,Richmond and is only a short walk from Twickenham Rugby Stadium and river Thames cruises. Strawberry Hill Station, with trains to London Waterloo every 20 minutes, is just a 5-minute walk. The Alexander Pope is a good base for visiting the sights of central London in addition to the more local and historical Strawberry Hill House,Hampton Court Palace,and the leafy Richmond Park. The hotel has 32 beautifully refurbished boutique bedrooms,some with sofa beds to accommodate families and many rooms have a balcony overlooking the river Thames A wide selection of traditional and modern dishes, including seasonal specials are available in the traditional pub which also serves Young's award winning ales, craft beers and lagers and a great choice of wine. The hotel also offers a private room with outside terrace for small meetings and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Alexander Pope reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alexander Pope Hotel Twickenham
- The Alexander Pope Twickenham, United Kingdom