My wife and I went to the Rhianna concert at Twickenham and I booked this Pub/hotel for its convenience as it is located by the River and only 20 mins walk away. The hotel was very pleasant and we had a room with a roof top terrace with great views over the river, the pub was popular and lively without being noisy, breakfast was excellent and would recommend this to my Rugby friends, I will certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few minutes walk from Twickenham High Street,The Alexander Pope is a modern,fully air-conditioned hotel with a traditional pub,overlooking the River Thames. The Hotel is close to Kingston,Wimbledon,Richmond and is only a short walk from Twickenham Rugby Stadium and river Thames cruises. Strawberry Hill Station, with trains to London Waterloo every 20 minutes, is just a 5-minute walk. The Alexander Pope is a good base for visiting the sights of central London in addition to the more local and historical Strawberry Hill House,Hampton Court Palace,and the leafy Richmond Park. The hotel has 32 beautifully refurbished boutique bedrooms,some with sofa beds to accommodate families and many rooms have a balcony overlooking the river Thames A wide selection of traditional and modern dishes, including seasonal specials are available in the traditional pub which also serves Young's award winning ales, craft beers and lagers and a great choice of wine. The hotel also offers a private room with outside terrace for small meetings and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Alexander Pope reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alexander Pope Hotel Twickenham
- The Alexander Pope Twickenham, United Kingdom