“Forgot how good it was! ”

Atithi Indian Cuisine
Reserve a Table
Mon, 6/24
8:00 PM
Ranked #17 of 232 Restaurants in Twickenham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Atithi is Owned by EX Michelin BIB Gourmand award winning chef Krishnapal Negi.
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

I just had a few too many drinks and really wanted some comfort food. Ordered from here after ages, normally myself family and I would go here for a sit down mealtimes but one this occasion they had to rush home.
Anyway I ordered through the just eat app. Had the gilafi lamb, methi chicken, chicken biryani, side of daal makhani and tandoori roti. Everything was cooked perfectly and had its unique flavours. This definitely is one of my favorite Indian restaurants (I'm Indian). Only reason for a star less, is that the roti waste slightly hard and stale.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank Saintlysinner

Reviewed February 14, 2018

We went for a birthday party where the host had rented the entire restuarant. There were lots of peole but this did not faze the staff who were very helpful and offered great service in a demanding setting (children running arond etc)
The staff as I said were great. Not pushing drinks as is usual.

The star was the food. every item was authentic and their new takes on signatures elevated dishes.
Great food, great service in a nice looking restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 30, 2017

I had dinner with my wife here and was impressed by the quality of the restaurant. We share 2 starters and had two main courses as well. All of it excellent and a good service as well.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank timetraveller64
Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

It was our first visit and we were very happy with selection of our food. Food came is good time and atmosphere is also very nice. We will be back

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 11, 2017

Shamefully, having lived near Twickenham for 30 years I had never been to Atithi. I'm a vegetarian and a couple of mates said we should go because Atithi has great veggie food and I am so difficult and fussy to eat with apparently... I suggested another (Tangawizi which is also excellent), but a few pints eased my concerns and off we went.

I can't believe I've missed out on this place for so long! Amongst many good and many poor restaurants in the area this is a beacon of great food. I caveat this with the beer intake, but looking at other reviews it seems this is a well know centre of culinary excellence and I've just missed out all this time.

I will now split my business between Tangawizi and Atithi - best in the area. Both have great food, Tangawizi is more modern and stylish but food wise there's nothing between them.

Date of visit: November 2017