“Gem of Twickenham”

Atithi Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Atithi Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 214 Restaurants in Twickenham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Atithi is Owned by EX Michelin BIB Gourmand award winning chef Krishnapal Negi.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

dined here on Saurday, the restaurant was full (thank god we had booked) we were acknowledged with a smile the moment we enter the restaurant and were quickly taken to our table. the service was very good and attentive there were some genuine suggestions from our server when asked for recommendations, he didn't point us to the most expensive meal as is the norm in many restaurant. There were some completely new dishes on the menu and we wanted to try them. our server was very polite and helpful and answered all our questions (even though it was a busy night) we ordered the Chettinad, Sunehari Murgh, Hyderabadi Gosht and the Gilafi Handi as mains. the food came out nice and hot and it was BEAUTIFULLY presented, it was like art on a plate and it tasted DELICIOUS. this is by far the best meal i had in any indian restaurant. I am so impressed with these guys that i had to put a review for them so that others can enjoy and see how indian food should be. Thank you Atithi for coming to Twickenham and i look forward for my next visit

3  Thank Jenifer V

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We went there for a change last week as the reviews on here suggested great things. The food was disappointing, the waiters didn't know the menu well at all and I was asked 3 times if I wanted another beer in the space of 5 minutes when I was still half way through my first one!

It's not awful, but I'm surprised others rate it so highly when there are far better curry houses in Twickenham.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Atithi is a cut above the average.
The absence of poppadoms on the menu was explained by the arrival of some complimentary ones, followed by a lovely mushroom amuse-bouche, beautifully presented.
We skipped starters (it is January). The mains and vegetable sides were delicious, very fresh tasting, distinctive and well-balanced spicing and portions which looked as though they might be too small but in fact were nothing of the sort unless we had been particularly hungry.
Welcoming staff and good service. A lot to like here.

1  Thank GTR276
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Having already tried and tested this restaurant with my partner. I took the bold decision of taking my mum here for her birthday (we are an Indian family so it's always a risk!). The restaurant were kind enough for me to deliver my mum's cake beforehand. As it was a match day in Twickenham the restaurant was very busy, but this did provide a great atmosphere. My Dad's a vegetarian so he ordered the vegetable parcels which he loved - phew, as he's the fussy one. We all had the mixed platter which was amazing. For mains we had the butter chicken, Gilafi Handi, Dal Makhani and Bhindi, all were great. Individually spiced, each with it's own unique flavour - Exactly what you'd want from an Indian. They embarrased my mum when they bought the cake out, dimmed all the lights and played the "happy birthday" tune! which was fantastic and put a great big childlike smile on my mum's face. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely reccommend.

3  Thank Saintlysinner
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Have been there twice now with friends. It's been as good as they told us it would be. Straight to the top of our Indian list