“Wonderful place to eat - will be sadly missed”
Review of V thomas & son - butchers grill - CLOSED

V thomas & son - butchers grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open from. Wednesday. To Saturday. 5.30. To. 10.30We have a steak club. To join. Go to. Are. Facebook And we put the dates on there
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have just heard the sad news about Alan - the wonderful owner of V Thomas and sons.

I was lucky enough to have eaten in this restaurant several times and was always hugely impressed with both the food and the service.

The steak could not be beaten - you can keep your Gauchos in Richmond, this place beat it hands down. Alan had a true passion for the food that he cooked, and was a cheerful and generous host.

Tracy and Alan made this restaurant what it was, a friendly, lively and fun place to eat and its a true loss to the community to loose this local gem.

5  Thank smamfer

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I really wonder about the reviews of some places... I do not know how people can rate this so highly!

It is basically a greasy spoon, and while the breakfast menu on the board looked good, the dinner was very poor. I do not think the girl serving ever had worked in a restaurant before, and i had to keep on (repeatedly) asking for things eg salt, pepper, drinks which had been ordered, napkin...

I had a lamb skewer for starter with salad, and for the main I had a steak. The exact same crappy salad came out with both, this chips were not cooked through, and while the steak was beautifully tender, the flavor had gone on holidays. The wine sauce was finished so i had the pepper sauce which was very plain.

I ordered beer, but she came back to say they did not serve it, fair enough, I then asked if they had any half bottles of wine, which she said yes and gave me the wine menu where there were none. I went for a carafe of house red which was vinegar (which would have worked well with the chips it they had been cooked properly),

Location was on a main road looking out on a wall, with the internal ambiance to match,

All in all it was an expensive and very poor experience, And I am normally very easy to please!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Sad to say that the owner, Alan, passed away a couple of weeks ago and V Thomas has remained closed since then. Our commiserations go to Tracy on her loss. Not sure when/if V Thomas will open again but we hope it's not gone for good as this was a great restaurant and a tribute to Alans efforts.

6  Thank TwickersTravel
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Great steaks at a butchers shop - absolutely brilliant! This place is gaining legendary status locally.

1  Thank iammac
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Eating inside a butchers shop can only mean one thing-great steaks. thouroughly recommend this for a party of around 14 or so. Really cosy and good atmoshere

2  Thank jamiesfoodyrevo