“Masaniello is a diamond in the rough”

Masaniello restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Masaniello restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 210 Restaurants in Twickenham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened in March 2009, Masaniello brings you traditional and authentic Italian cousin with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.In 2012 has been awarded from the Italian Chamber of commerce as Quality Approved Italian restaurants in the World
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Hi, i'm a italian italian chef and i use to work in a 2/3 michelin star then is unnecessary to say i love and i understand the good food.
A friend of mine bring me into masaniello, at first was not so happy coz i don't like eat italian outside the Italy but...
The floor staff was very smiling and kind, was lovely talk with they.
We ordered some starter until we dicided the main course and all of them were grate!
After the starter we ordered some food to share coz we were curious to try a few dishes.
Fillet steak rare: it was cooked in a perfect way, tasty and juicy!!! i ask to the chef how they cook the meat and i was surprised...they cook the meat such as in the michelin restaurant!! Hight five for the mains corse chef!!!
Genovese rigatoni: the pasta was "al dente" cooked at the moment!!! not pre cooked as in a lot of fake italian restaurant in the word!!! And the genovese sause was brilliant!! good job!
Masaniello pizza: ahhhh what a pizza e never and ever belive to find a pizza like this in london...the pastry was amazing whit real "parma ham" from italy and reral parmigiano reggiano.
In the end, grate food, grate wine and grate people in this restautant, and for that price!!!

1  Thank Sebastiano M
There are newer reviews for Masaniello restaurant

Reviewed April 3, 2014

i have been going to masaniello for years not and being italian my self i can easly say that this is a real and autenthic italian eatery especially with all the hundred of unreal italian restaurant around,this place is very good and this time i had the chicken witch is not always on their menu it was different ,new , the blue cheese mush was very delicated i dont know if mr osouk that night was in a bad mood or whatelse but reading his comment and knoing the place it looked a bit over the top to me .but hey not everyone can find a difference between a good or a bad meal.

1  Thank mike l
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I have been looking forward to visiting Masaniello ever since we first moved to Twickenham. We have eaten at several restaurants in the area, and generally the quality of food in locally is first class. We usually find TripAdvisor to be an accurate reflection of restaurants and hotels, so when we booked a table for a meal with my parents, I was not at all worried that it would disappoint. I had built this up to my wife and parents and was really excited to finally give it a try. I wish we never bothered.

As soon as we entered, it lacked the ambiance of other Italian restaurants in Twickenham. The waitress took our orders, and my anticipation mounted. The waitress assured us that the portion sizes would be large and I was actually recommended the 'Pollo with Pine Nuts'. The starters were average (I had calamari which was ok but I've had far better) and my parents and wife were not overly impressed with theirs. Again, I wasn't too bothered as surely the mains would impress....

Now I have never once complained in a restaurant, so this is no rant. The main course was the worst meal I have ever paid for - it was disgusting. My mum and I ordered the 'Pollo' which was allegedly to be served with pine nuts and a blue cheese infused mash potato. My mum got one pine nut and I had none. The mash was luke-warm tasteless microwave style potato without a hint of blue cheese. The spinach was just raw spinach leaves chucked on the plate. The chicken was a gristly bit of chicken leg - my word it made Fawlty Towers look good, I was shocked at what we had been served. I couldn't believe that this is meant to be one of the best restaurants in Twickenham

When I told the waitress, there was basically an argument as to whether the mash had blue cheese in it! It didn't - we all tried it and there wasn't the slightest hint of blue cheese. The waitress was a little apologetic and offered 2 free sides of veg, but that wasn't enough. As I said, I am very reserved, and have never in my life complained in a restaurant, and I never thought that I would have to do so in Masaniello. The restaurant is now somewhat of a family joke and my recommendations of restaurants for future family events will be heavily scrutinised.

Maybe all 4 of us just ordered badly or the main chef was away the night we visited as I find it hard to believe that TripAdvisor users could get this so badly wrong. Maybe its ok for pizzas, but Id avoid the other mains. I wasn't angry, just baffled and disappointed that this restaurants could be such a a massive let down.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

A lovely restaurant to have on your doorstep. Had not tried pizzas here before and was delighted to find out they were among the best I have had outside Italy. Good value wines by the glass and the doughnut and nutella dessert was fantastic and very authentic. Friendly service and limoncello on the house is a welcome touch. Am Italian and really rate Masaniello!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Yep, well worth it, nice, inviting, great service, great food, what else!! We have a very nice evening, thank you!