“Rice well over cooked. Drinks well over priced.”
Review of Spice of India

Spice of India
Ranked #80 of 212 Restaurants in Twickenham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: I don't think this restaurant is listed yet and I would like to review it. Please let me know when you have listed it. Thanks
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Tried the Sunday buffet for £7.95. The curries were nice and had flavor the rice was hard and looked like it had been there for ages. Same with the nann bread it was rock hard.
Drinks 1 beer £5.45 a bit overpriced in my opinion.
Will not be going back

1  Thank Steven H

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Why do they put the tables so close. We wanted to eat as a couple not a canteen!

The food is good and take aways even better. Do not go at busy times or during events at Twickenham as price seem to go up...

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Indian food in west London appears to becoming more plain. It's fresh, and tasty, but no spice. A Buhna or similer dish used to be enough to order a sensible dish but I fear that we will now have to order what used to be considered very hot dishes just to get our spice fix however this will mean chilli powder instead of slow cooked chilies.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Having read some very good reviews of this restaurant, we were really looking forward to trying it as there are too many mediocre Indian restaurants in the Twickenham area. Surprisingly, this turned out to be another of them. We ordered Lamb Bhuna, Haryali Chicken, Brinjal Bhaji and Bombay Aloo. On the positive side the food tasted very fresh, the lamb was tender and the portions generous. The service was good too. BUT... that's where the good stuff ended. The Lamb Bhuna was so lightly spiced I thought I was eating a lamb stew rather than a curry. The Chicken Haryali was only slightly better with very light spicing. The Bombay Aloo was pretty tasteless. However, the Brinjal Bhaji was pretty good. One out of four was not good.
I'm really surprised that other reviewers rave about the food. Either they like their food very lightly spiced (and I'm not talking Chilli hot) or the chef had got the day off! I won't be back.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Staff were really nice, food was excellent, lovely atmosphere, obviously a favourite with the locals and seemed to have regular patrons - always a good sign.