“Reliably good”

Premier Inn London Twickenham East Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Twickenham
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst my husband was on business and I used it as a base to go in and out of London. Although it's next to a busy road there was no noise in our room which overlooked the car par/road. The staff were really helpful and everyone was friendly. We ate in the Beefeeter on both nights and enjoyed our meals.
My son and I wanted to catch the train into London and were advised to catch a bus into Richmond ( right outside) the hotel and then get the train from Richmond- we did this on the first day- the bus fare cost us £8.80 in total and it took a good 15mins into Richmond. We managed to catch a train that stopped at every possible station so it seemed to take ages to get to Waterloo! On day 2 we walked to Fulwell Station ( about 3/4 mile) and caught the train- this seemed much quicker and no bus fare to pay!! I wouldn't choose to stay here for a planned trip to London, I'd choose to be a bit closer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I was staying at the Premier Inn, East Twickenham for one night on business. I had a few hotels to choose from, all much more expensive and apparently much grander but I have been staying Premier Inns for years and I know what to expect - exactly what you need/want from a hotel!

Premier Inns country wide (in my experience so far) seem to have the same standards throughout and the East Twickenham branch did not disappoint.

Family Room

Positive:
Very good sized clean rooms, room temperature control, good door security (front of house and bedroom) , freeview tv, large and comfortable bed, good choice for breakfast, very very friendly staff, lots of bus routes nearby, free parking, close to amenities, very good blackout curtains, clean bathroom and last but not least all this for a very good price

Negative:
None.

I would recommend this Premier Inn for any type of stay.

Room Tip: Always pick a Premier Inn....Never a Travel Lodge!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Myself, girlfriend and two further friends stayed here after the England vs Barbarians match at Twickenham at the end of May. We booked the rooms well in advance (it was Bank Holiday) and included the dinner with breakfast meal deal.

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn for quite some time and I was immediately impressed with the friendliness of the gentleman on reception. He was polite and informative about the local area.

Our room, on the ground floor, was spacious and comfortable. Bathroom facilities were good with a very powerful shower which always helps.

Dinner was taken at the pub next door. Three courses (from a limited menu) and a drink included. Despite me saying the menu was limited, there was enough choice to easily satisfy the four of us and the meals were cooked well.

The following morning, breakfast was also taken at the pub. Continental and all you can eat full English are a must. I urge you all to book this option.

Great location with good road links and free parking right outside. Will return in future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2011

A small inn and not the best Beefeater Inn attached as far as variety of menu is concerned but the helpfulness of the staff and the willingness to go that extra mile to make the customer's stay comfortable more than made up for that.
We arrived late, close on ten oclock, the restaurant stayed open for us, they didn't rush our meal and they made us feel very welcome.
We had our severely disabled son with us and any problems or help required we pnly had to ask - the staff coudn't have been kinder.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Yvonne N
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Excellent position for visiting the rugby at Twickenham, bus stop right outside hotel

Room Tip: Room was very clean, had good nights sleep, no noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Came to clear my mother's house in Twickenham. Staff couldn't do enough to help, saving packing boxes for me, providing a sympathetic ear, even moving a couple of things to and from the car... The room itself was spotlessly clean and comfortable, parking was fine (and free), the bath filled up very quickly. The air-conditioning was amazing, frying to hypothermia in 3 minutes - wonderful in the 30 degree heatwave at the time. The attached Beefeater restaurant offered an excellent range and very good deals for early evening. I especially liked their spring veg risotto with butternut squash, baby broad beans, rocket and parmesan - just the sort of thing I like to eat at home. OK, more expensive that Travelodge, but by heck you get what you pay for. Satisfied customers make for satisfied staff, not the miserable overworked lot at the other place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2011

From start to finish our stay here was impecable. I have never had such good service in the UK and although a budget hotel everything was fresh, clean and very comfortable. The adjoining beef eater where meals and breakfast are served was just as good service wise and the food was wonderful and very good value. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twickenham
Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel
#3 of 3 in Teddington
The Alexander Pope
The Alexander Pope
#3 of 6 in Twickenham

Been to Premier Inn London Twickenham East Hotel? Share your experiences!