“Friendly Local Restaurant That Demands Your Patronage”
Review of Kamares Greco-Italian Fusion - CLOSED

Kamares Greco-Italian Fusion
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I have been coming here for over 7 years and the service and food has always been excellent. It's one of those restaurants that by dint of its size it tends to look empty but don't be put off - in a smaller restaurant it would look busy. What has always impressed me is that the friendliness and service always remains excellent (as does the food) no matter how busy the restaurant is. Excellent pizzas, superb Kleftiko and wonderful Stefado. Simply a great family restaurant.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have eaten here a few times and the food and service is always fantastic! The Kleftiko is delicious with the lamb falling of the bone and amazing flavours!
It is family run and they are always so friendly and nice. Best Greek restaurant I have ever been to and looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank HannahP1
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Looking for somewhere to eat solo last Saturday I dropped into the Kamares Restaurant around 2030hrs. I've never been there before. Although I didn't have a reservation I was greeted and seated without fuss in a pretty busy restaurant. Excellent chef's minestrone was packed with flavours and accompanied by fresh crusty bread - not quite the same as the bread in Naples but hey I was in Twickenham. A glass of tap water was all I wanted to drink and it arrived in a sparkling clean glass served with a sparkling smile. My Kleftiko was succulent and fell off the bone. I wish I had given myself more time to enjoy a dessert but £18.35 later and I was on my way to meet the boys in The Sussex Arms. Next time I'm in Twickenham I'll book and make an evening of it.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Visited this restaurant for my birthday with my family (10 in total), we arrived at 8.30 fairly busy, and a large party in the back. Slight confusion as table booked for 12 and only 10 of us and as we never told them, the menus were slightly delayed. We ordered our food to be told starters would be soon but main course would be longer because of the large party. Never understand this, we only booked during the week and should have been told, then up to us weather we want to go. My mum asked instead of the Milanese with her meat could she have bolognese, the lady (who seemed like management) said no, as they did both on the menu could'nt understand that. So i said can we have Speghetti Bolognese and pay for a piece of meat seperate and of course that was acceptable.!!! Starters did not arrive until 9.35, food was good, waited till 10.15 and no mains, we said 5mins and we were leaving, food then arrived in stages. My niece was past eating, my mums meat was disgusting, tough & chewy. The Kleftico was dry. We couldnt be bothered to argue the night was spoilt. We left without coffees or dessert. when i checked the bill we were charged for a full plate of speghetti and a full milanese meal approx £23 in total. total rip off. We left no tip and was not asked once if everything was ok. Would not recommend or return.

1  Thank Yas99
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have been visiting Kamares regularly for several years. Whenever planning a night out, whether it be with friends or family, Kamares is always first choice. The food is fantastic, the service is excellent and the staff are extremely friendly and welcoming.
I visited again on Friday evening with friends and we had a perfect evening as always in the calm and pleasant atmosphere of Kamares. The staff at this family run restaurant were as welcoming as always, the food could not be faulted and we had an all round great evening. This is definitely the place to go if you are looking for the perfect restaurant experience in Twickenham. Having lived nearby all of my life and tried most of the restaurants in the area, this is the only one I go back to time and again!