“Spectacularly good value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loch Fyne

Loch Fyne
Ranked #20 of 204 Restaurants in Twickenham
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
London
“Spectacularly good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had lunch here today with 5 friends, seated at a round table which was good for ease of conversation. We all opted for the three courses for £11.95 menu and were overwhelmed by the exceptional value for money and the excellence of the food. My choice of starter was cullen skink which came hot and was served with two slices of fresh crusty granary bread. I had never before eaten this dish and found it very appealing and flavoursome with generous pieces of smoked haddock and pieces of new potato and other veg in a delicious milky soup. For a main course I had fillet of salmon served with a fresh green leaf salad with pumpkin seeds and butternut squash. Dessert was a generous piece of light vanilla and passion fruit cheesecake decorated with raspberries and mint leaves and served with a scoop of mango and passion fruit sorbet. I had an excellent coffee after the meal for which I paid extra.

The restaurant is clean and pleasantly furnished and the staff are friendly and efficient. The loos are clean. There are tables outside with comfortable looking basket chairs. We weren't hurried by anyone and spent more than three hours chatting over our meal. My only slight reservation was that the service was quite slow between courses though this didn't really matter as we weren't pushed for time. I was bowled over by the quality of the food and the amazingly good value and would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited August 2013

London, England
“Just not the Loch Fyne it use to be”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've lived locally 18 years, and Loch Fyne was once a favourite for food and atmosphere. Not anymore. Went recently and it's our last visit. Food portions had shrunk (again) - mussels were tiny and main course fish was miniscule. Wine cost had risen (again) and service was achingly slow - every course took ages. We felt we paid over the odds and sadly, think commercial profit has tipped Loch Fyne too far. We left annoyed and disappointed, and won't be back. Such a shame.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London
“Lost it's sparkle...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Visited this place several times over the last few years and must add that the great experience I had on my initial visit where the food, ambience and service was excellent, has unfortunately lost it's sparkle . Great location, clean restaurant, good variety of drinks and advice on what to match to your meal, however, cannot get away from that feel of it being a chain, so staff somewhat reading form a 'script' held in their mind and diners are packed in like sardines. I will not hurry back. Not a bad place, just for the prices I expect a little more than what is being delivered.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hampshire
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I use the chain regularly because I love fish....oysters really. My business lunch visitdi not dissapoint. The sardines were very good as were the mussels. Good expectation and not disatisfied.

Conwy, United Kingdom
“Excellent Fresh seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We went to celebrate my partners parents 80th birthday. Excellent service, we were looked after very well by our waiter and made a lovely evening for the celebration. The fish was extremely fresh and very very tasty. Will definitely go back again when we are in the UK. A lovely evening was enjoyed by all..