“Quality with huge bed.”

London Marriott Hotel Twickenham
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Twickenham
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were visiting the Hampton Court flower show and are not Rugby fans but this looked an interesting place to stay. We were not disappointed and enjoyed the visit particularly the huge bed in a smart modern room. Hotel restaurant serves great evening meals but we had breakfast in the coffee shop as £18.50 for restaurant breakfast seemed over the top price wise. As others have said the car park is a nightmare to find even if you have a map, the signage really does need to be improved, we arrived in daylight and completed two circuits and u-turns before we found the way in. Dread to think how long it might have taken on a wet winters night. However once parked and in the hotel the overall experience is very good apart from the price of breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Unlike most of the hotel clients, we are not rugby enthusiasts, and therefore the chance to stay in a piece of history left us unmoved, but it seemed the cleanest and most reasonable location for the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. The rooms were ample and comfortable, the staff very attentive, and helpful, in fact, everything one has come to expect from a Marriott hotel.

On the negative side, the corridors are so long that you nearly have to walk out to the M3 to get to your room, and the parking is also quite a walk away.

On the positive side, normally we do not eat in the hotel, but we decided to make an exception here. The menu was small, but quite adequate and the salmon and steaks were quite excellent. The only downside is that the dining room is also used as a breakfast room, and we ate to the accompaniment of vast stainless steel chargers being clanged into place for breakfast !

Room Tip: Try to get one near the lifts !
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one night. I stayed in room 426 and paid £80 by booking direct with Marriott through their website. I checked in on-line and arrived at 5.30pm.
The car park appears to be secret. Nobody knows where it is. There is no sign on the road to give you a clue where it might be. I drove round the block three times before finally parking in the stadium staff car park. Once you’re actually in the car park there is a sign which says ‘hotel health club parking’ so I suppose it might be the right place. The car park is on the opposite side of the stadium to the hotel so there’s a good 5-10 minute walk between them. The entrance is opposite Access Self Storage on Rugby Road.
Once I had parked the car and completed the yomp back to the hotel I attempted to check in. They have an LCD screen on the counter which reads ‘On-Line Check In’. Since I had checked in on-line I approached the screen and attempted to use it. I tried prodding it, pressing it, speaking to it, nothing. I tried showing my phone to it, showing it to my phone and I even tried shouting at it a bit. Nothing. I finally gave up and joined the queue of people who hadn’t checked in online and waited my turn. When I got to the front I was asked ‘did you check in already?’ I said I had checked in online, but that I wasn’t sure what that meant. The woman gave a dirty look to the LCD screen and produced my keycards from a little wooden box. She clearly had the same opinion of the LCD screen as I now did.
Once I had checked in everything else was ok. The room was perfectly clean and tidy. Air conditioning on and set to 21.5 degrees. I didn’t eat at the hotel so I can’t say anything much about that. The 281 bus stops right outside every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day, and goes right into the middle of Twickenham so the hotel is well situated for a night out in Twickers.
Basically if you’re not driving and you don’t check in on-line the Marriott is the place for you, otherwise upgrade to a Travelodge, their auto-check in works fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Adrian9
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We recently stayed at The Marriott Twickenham as we were attending the rugby in May and visiting relatives. Situated close to the centre of London (an easy 25 min train ride) and in the centre of Twickenham, we were pleasantly surprised at how quiet the rooms were. And the beds were a dream to sleep in with their high quality pillows and bed linen! Most of the wait staff in the restaurant and bar were very courteous and helpful, although communication at times was a little challenging (English was obviously their second language). All in all I'd recommend this hotel for comfort and convenience.

Room Tip: Our rooms were mid level overlooking the streets (not the stadium). If you wanted to see the stadium...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night last weekend. Travelled overnight from Scotland so arrived really early. Although room was not ready the lovely girl on reception let me in to leisure facilities to freshen up. Directed me to a nail salon in town and couldnt have been more helpful. Ideal distance from railstation and town centre. Kew Gardens and Richmond Park not far and only 30 mins into City of London. Would recommend you stay here was great value for money for standard of hotel

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here on a Saturday Night when we went to a Gig on Clapham Common.

The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Twickenham Station and is on a bus route, it looks good being right next to the Rugby Stadium and is even better inside. We arrived at 11.30am on the Saturday Morning with the intention of just dropping our bags off, so we could collect after the gig, never assuming we would be able to check in considering how early it was. However the very charming and helpful young lady on reception advised us that our room was ready and handed us the keys to room 311.

The room was beautiful, lovely big size with 2 double beds (that was my fault as I forgot to specify if I wanted a King Bed or 2 Double beds) and for once we didn't over look the air con units at the back of the hotel. Instead we had a lovely view from the front of the hotel.

The room was made even better by the fact that the Air Con actually worked, there was good lights in the room, a unstocked fridge perfect for storing drinks for later and the tea tray had semi skimmed milk.

The bath room was a nice size with a fabulous shower. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and provided for a super nights sleep.

The hotel had a lovely bar (the side step bar) where we popped into on our return from the gig. The staff were excellent (in fact all the staff in the hotel were superb) and the food was top quality and, for a London Hotel, not overpriced. We had Chicken Wings, Meatballs, Chips and Onion Rings and 2 pints of lager and it was just under £25.00.

Breakfast was included and was again of the highest quality. They even had a waffle maker !!

What was really impressive was when we checked out, we were dealt with by the same lady who checked us in and she remember the reason why were there and enquired as to how the gig was. Considering the number of people she must deal with in a day, that's highly impressive.

A top hotel that I can't praise enough, everything and everyone was superb and this very nearly got a 5* rating.

I would stay here again without hesitation and based on how good this was we have booked the Marriott at Heathrow for later this year

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed 3 nights on this hotel after moving out from a not so great place to stay in london. The hotel is located in the famous rugby stadium in london. Staff were great, pleasant attitude and the price was great. We got an excellent discount. Great walking distance to the train station where it takes you to every major attraction in london. You just purchase an all day ticket on the train station and you can use it to evey destination . It is around20-30 minutes to major attraction. I recommend this hotel for the price. Excellent stay, excellent staff. Only negative is the wifi. Only available in the public area. If you want to access in your room,there is a surcharge. Location was great and you can walk late at night without worry.

Room Tip: It is exactly what it shows and stated on the site.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twickenham
Travelodge Twickenham
#3 of 6 in Twickenham
The Petersham Hotel
The Petersham Hotel
#4 of 15 in Richmond-upon-Thames

Been to London Marriott Hotel Twickenham? Share your experiences!